[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just how bad-tasting is unflavored whey protein powder? Who here
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: Protein-Powder-2237432-1024x682.jpg (131 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
Protein-Powder-2237432-1024x682.jpg
131 KB, 1024x682
Just how bad-tasting is unflavored whey protein powder? Who here uses it?

I've recently developed really bad hives all over my body, and they're not going away. I suspect it's something I'm ingesting (I have history - ibuprofen undoubtedly gives me mouth ulcers) so I have to eliminate everything suspect/'unnatural' for a while. Hopefully it will clear up, then I'll reintroduce things back in one at a time to identify the exact cause. This unfortunately includes my protein powder, as it's sweetened with sucralose.

And in the meantime I can't sweeten my shakes with regular sugars, because I have a genetic (not self-induced diabetes) condition that I have to use keto to treat. So I will have to endure the plain taste of the whey (along with the added fat I throw in. But no sweetness).

So who here takes it like a man? Do you add anything non-sweet to help the taste? And what brand would you recommend?
>>
Tastes like crayon water. Kind of like if youd dillude creatin in your water, its nothing bad.
>>
>>37447874
Is it like if u put a little bit of chalk or flower in water
>>
>>37447857
took a sip from gymbro's shake, just tasted milky (I'm more used to soy protein). had a fuckton of dextrose in it tho.
>>
>>37447857
Just add a bit of cocoa powder and you'll be fine.

I actually bought a bag at a bros recommendation, tasted like shit to me. But mixed in a shot of coffee and it's instantly palatable.
>>
>>37447857
>Do you add anything non-sweet to help the taste?

Teaspoon of baking chocolate powder and a drop of stevia helps.

But honestly, I pound back shakes so quickly that you hardly taste it for more than a minute or so anyway.
>>
File: 1465152442170.jpg (129 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1465152442170.jpg
129 KB, 640x640
>yes I take protein shakes
>>
>>37447857
I got mine from bulksuppliments they have 90% clean whey and to me it taste like powdered milk, mix in a spoonfull of chocolate milk powder and you're set.
>>
>>37447857
I've used it in the past, not my favorite "flavor" (if you could call it that) but I don't see what the big deal is. A lot of people tell me it tastes like absolute shit, I didn't think so.

Cocoa powder is great, maybe some spices would work, possibly cinnamon I guess.
>>
I've been using pic related OP. Dairy fucks with my skin too so no whey for me

Tastes like shit but i mix it with fruits and oats in a smoothie and I can hardly tell its there
>>
File: image.jpg (119 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119 KB, 1024x682
>>37447857
Type 1 fellow diabeto here.

I've come to hate things that are sweet because of when I would fuck up and go into ketoacidosis.

I chug 4 scoops and water in a shaker all the time because I don't want to raise my BS
>>
>>37447857
I use jarrow, i love flavorless whey. I usually dont put anything to sweeten it, but if i do ill use malt, sugar or a half scoop of another powder.
>>
>>37447857
I get the grass-fed whey, nothing else in it, it tastes milky. Like hyperskim milk.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.