[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When skin gets sun burnt and repairs, does it come back stronger?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
When skin gets sun burnt and repairs, does it come back stronger? Today was a pretty hot day in Bongland (surprisingly) and I was stupid enough to not put sun cream on.

Just wanna know if my situation might potentially have a benefit to it.

Pic unrelated
>>
>>37447254
Short answer: No
>>
If by stronger you mean mildly increased melanin production, yes.

If by stronger you mean massively increased risk of cancers due to all the damage, weakened immune system due to the stress from the damage, wasted resources repairing the damage and having extra fragile skin until it's fully repaired, yes.
>>
Enjoy your new moles, faggot.
>>
It wasn't THAT hot. I played footie all day at the park and didn't get burnt.
>>
>getting sunburn
I spent all day kayaking in the sun and haven't burned
>>
Why is getting sun burnt seen as so embarrassing and a sign of weakness?

Is it the Jews, /fit/?
>>
No, UV radiation can literally destroy DNA, if you take more sun than required to produce vitamin D you're just risking cancer like an idiot.
>>
>>37447379
> if you take more sun than required to produce vitamin D you're just risking cancer like an idiot.

How much sun do you need a day for vitamin D?
>>
>>37447400
Depends on your skin tone and light intensity.

If you're dark skinned (South Italian tier and darker) in Northern Europe, you have a vitamin d deficiency. Some 80% of olive and darker skin toned people have it in the non Mediterranean European area.
>>
>white people
enjoy your cancer
>>
>>37447444
So. People should get more sun unless they're gingers?
>>
>>37447400
Generally speaking, 20 minutes a day. This will change slightly as you get darker

There's a great podcast by Daniel vitalis on sunlight
>>
>>37447538
Pretty much.

Sunlight exposure also increases folic acid in men which increases the health and number of sperm. The more sun the better.

Just wear sunscreen if you're white and thank the gods if you're black and in an area with strong sun.
>>
sun cream is the biggest scam perpetrated on the public since 4 ply toilet paper.
i havent used sun creams my whole life and never get sun burnt
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.