[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone had treatment for varicose veins? Ive had them for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Varicose_Veins_diagram.jpg (61 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Varicose_Veins_diagram.jpg
61 KB, 600x400
Has anyone had treatment for varicose veins?

Ive had them for about 13 years, but I dont think I can ignore it any longer. Booked a doctors appointment but its not for a few weeks

What can I expect if I do get treatment?
>>
How old are you?
>>
>>37446452
Im 26
>>
>>37446737
srs question? i have really bad varicose veins on both legs but never had any issue. What are the problems with having varicose veins?
>>
>>37446826
I dont really know the problems associated with them. Ive had them for 13 years now, and the only thing ive ever noticed is more of an aching in the right calf (which has varicose veins) after exercise over the left which does not.

However, they appear to be getting worse lately, which is why I wanted to get them checked out. But im somewhat phobic of going to the doctors.
>>
>>37446381
that is THE WORST graphic to describe varicose veins I have EVER seen..... the blood is flowing the wrong way.... veins return bolld to the heart, UP the leg, the valves stop BACKFLOW , not some stupid, swirly fucking deoxygenated jacuzzi .... FFS man, whatever source you used for this shit you need to destroy it RIGHT NOW.
>>
>>37446381
If the veins are on the right side of your body, I wouldn't get them looked at.
The blood pumps so strongly that it rarely causes an issue.
Most leg/groin/testicle problems involving varicose veins happen on the left side and should be checked if ache.
>>
I have the opposite problem. My veins look sunken like they're deflated. Anyone else get this? I'm usually vascular, but when I'm inactive like during my Rest days they deflate.
>>
>>37447365
it's showing backflow, dipshit. veins don't actually return anything, they have no real musculature. the muscles and shit surrounding veins is what propels the blood, the valves help determine which direction it goes.

maybe fucking learn something well before spouting off like an aspie.
>>
I've had a varicose on the lower part of my thigh/above my patella for a very long time. I'm going to ask my doc on wednesday if i should get it treated. it's just an eternal bruise for me
>>
>>37446826
The problem is mostly that they're aesthetically displeasing. That's pretty much it.
>>
>>37447365
Its from Google. I finance, not biology. Sorry if youre triggered.

>>37447677
They look fucking terrible. I mean, im 100lbs over weight, and never really wanted to wear shorts before, but since they started getting worse, I dont even like to look at my own leg.
>>
Compression stocking helped a litttle, but they've never really gone away. Any other ideas?
>>
>>37447677

nah dude, they're like blue lightning tattoos.

i have them pretty much... everywhere except my face. only health problem i have is that i'm slightly anemic. *shrug*
>>
>>37448545
Mine are more like this. They look much worse than the ones that just appear blue/purple
>>
File: images.jpg (4 KB, 185x272) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4 KB, 185x272
>>37448574
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.