[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So is most of /fit/ unemployed? I'm trying to juggle working
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: killmeself.gif (1 MB, 320x234) Image search: [Google]
killmeself.gif
1 MB, 320x234
So is most of /fit/ unemployed?

I'm trying to juggle working semi-full time (about 39 hours a week) and taking some summer courses, and I have verry little time and energy for the gym.

How do you do it anon?

also, general motivation thread i guess?
>>
If you have a regular job schedule, like a 9-5 or whatever, the best way to do it is learn to get up early and work out before you go to work. Then after work you can just crack open a beer (or a quart of milk), smash out some work, and then play some video games and get to bed early stress-free.
>>
Anon I am working 3 x14 hours shift.
At least you can go to the gym more than 3 times a week.
>>
>>37444874
mornings
the hardest part is sleeping properly, in my opinion.
if you don't believe you can be a morning guy (thought I didn't and here I am)
you can put what on your workouts on a saturday/sunday, meaning you only have to clear two more evenings in the week.
>>
>>37444874
I work 8am - 4pm.
I just hit the gym straight after work.
Easily done.
>>
>School full time
>Work 24-28 hours a week
>Gym between classes if there is a break (gym next to college) or do it after work

If I go home after school or work I can't gym, so I do it before going home.
>>
Thought that was a requirement to be on here
>>
>>37444936
>the best way to do it is learn to get up early and work out before you go to work. Then after work you can just crack open a beer (or a quart of milk), smash out some work, and then play some video games and get to bed early stress-free.
How well does this work when you're trying to lift heavy? I'm usually pretty tired after working out and going straight to an 8 hour shift with driving during rush hour doesn't sound too fun.
>>
It helps that I work at my gym...So there is pretty much no reason or excuse to miss a workout since I'm already there when I get off work.

But yeah, before I got this job I would try to go in the morning which was kind of tough but helped me fall asleep on time that night. I was taking an online course at the time too and I pretty much just did that once I got home around 5:45 every night.
>>
>>37445388
>if you don't believe you can be a morning guy (thought I didn't and here I am)

I think a lot of people don't think they are morning people because they never really tried to commit to it. I always hated the idea of it but once I got a full time job I tried working out in the mornings (got to the gym at 6 am) and I actually really loved it.
>>
>5x9hr night shifts
>full study load of 4x2hr lectures and 4x1hr tutorials
>2x2hr martial arts classes
>DnD session all of Sunday
>gym 3 times a week
>cardio 3 times a week

And I still have plenty of free time anon. I think you just need to balance your time better
>>
File: 4324234234234.gif (4 MB, 352x288) Image search: [Google]
4324234234234.gif
4 MB, 352x288
>>37444874

I'm trying, I really am but I just cant motivate myself to go back to webdev. I just go to gym, shitpost and play vidya. I'm fucked in the head, I have a psychotherapist but it doesn't help much.

Not gonna make it bros.
>>
>>37447494
?? After you workout are you that dead? You should be able to handle doing a bit of physical labor after a workout. Driving sounds easy as fuck to do after a workout
>"I'll be tired tho anon!!!"
Get more sleep so you can train in the morning, stop being a bitch
>>
File: 1436182554714.jpg (67 KB, 645x603) Image search: [Google]
1436182554714.jpg
67 KB, 645x603
>>37444874
I have 12-hour shifts every other day
I lift on the off days
>>
>>37444874

I'm an operator on a chemical plant but I want to join the military before I turn 20. I don't actually go to a gym either I just have a dumbbell set at home
>>
60 hr workweek
lift 6x/week - about 50-80m sessions
yoga 2x/week
cook every meal

Still have time for friends/family

Stop smoking weed, stop binge watching shitty anime, start guzling black coffee like a real man
>>
>>37444874

I work about 60 hours a week. I make time in the morning and go at 5AM before I have to do anything else and before it gets busy.

I also did the gym when I was working 40 hours a week and in college full time.

I am always too worn out in the evenings to go, though. That's why I go at the crack of dawn.
>>
>>37444874
I'm working as a performer in an escape room franchise. 5 days/week with one 13 hour shift. Still hit the gym 4 days/week in my 2 days off and every time I work the night shift. Pretty awesome getting paid to bully people with my gains desu
>>
>>37447738
thanks anon, i'll stop being a bitch
>>
I work 20hrs per week so i go twice per day 4/7 days per week.
>>
File: 2354743197632.jpg (119 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
2354743197632.jpg
119 KB, 720x540
Wildland firefighter here. 40 hours a week during Spring/Fall and 90-110 hours a week during fire season. No gym time during the summer so I maximize what I can get from work which is pretty comparable to hopping on a Stairmaster dialed to 50% slope while also sledging a tire, wearing a 45 lb weight vest, and all this inside a sauna for 10-16 hours every day.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.