[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Doping and pro athletes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: doping.000.jpg (68 KB, 1263x560) Image search: [Google]
doping.000.jpg
68 KB, 1263x560
Are you convinced taht all pro-athletes or olympic athletes are doping?
What evidence would you have? Do you believe that at least some are natty?
>>
How long does the drug enhancers stay in the system? Because they cant get away with it in drug tests
>>
>>37441316
They only test for known substances I think
>>37441296
Athletes can easily get away with unknown drugs that don't show up on standardised tests
>>
>>37441327

They've also started holding samples for future testing, so they can go back and recheck anytime a new substance becomes testable/they improve detection on existing banned substances.

It wont' entirely clean things up, probably nothing will, but its making a lot of people very nervous.
>>
>>37441296
Yes, most pro athletes where taking steroids or doing some other type of doping would give a competitive edge are doing it. Someone competing in sailing might not be doing gear - well there is one specifically but he lost both testicles to cancer iirc (and WADA know of it and allow it). You have to realise gear doesn't magically make you a better athlete, there is still a limit to a persons capabilities, a weightlifter may be on gear but i guarantee you can't compete with him numbers wise, i think it would be a foregone conclusion that you can't compete against athletes in other disciplines where specific genetic ability and talent is required to be good at it. Training helps but nothing can outdo straight up fucking talent.
>>
>>37441338
it also catches a lot of athletes
>>
>>37441356
Plus, there are some people whose genetical makeup respond very well, way more than others, to some cocktails of PED.
>>
>>37441296
>Do you believe that at least some are natty?
Maybe table pool and card players, but I'm not convinced.
>>
>>37441356
A sailor might not be on gear, but I'm sure there are other drugs that make them better at their jobs.
There are even for archers and shooters, come on.
>>
Performing at an Olympic Gold level in sports where speed and strength are important takes extreme dedication + train from child + the right genetics + doping. The people winning the medals and setting the records have ALL FOUR. If you're missing ONE, you're just not going to beat them.
>>
>>37441356
Lol. Gear makes you INSTANTLY a better athlete.

Maybe not a medalwinning, but a better athlete for sure.
>>
>>37441417
Yeah i forgot alcohol is illegal in shooting/archery because it has specific performance enhancing effects, plus I guess stimulants would have a great impact.
>>
File: fit-drink.jpg (449 KB, 936x1285) Image search: [Google]
fit-drink.jpg
449 KB, 936x1285
>Are you convinced taht all pro-athletes or olympic athletes are doping?
It's 2016, why is this still in question? What possible thing could make someone think this isn't the case?

>What evidence would you have?
Every study for the past 30 years correlating that. Almost every top athlete correlating and often outright describing that, with one or two rare exceptions.
>Do you believe that at least some are natty?
In some sports. I think the problem here is that your definition of natty is probably different to the bodies charged with establishing cutoffs in sports.

Is wearing a gas mask while training natty? Is an altitude tank natty? Or training at elevated heights? What's the difference between that and an injection when the results are exactly the same?

Like most athletes I think the whole focus on a specific cutoff point is retarded.
>>
>>37441438
It improves your performance but the point of my post is you aren't gonna out throw a shotputter just because you jabbed up some test. You're right in the regard that it does make you better, I could have worded my first post a bit better.
>>
>>37441448
The altitude training has a far lesser effect than taking EPO. There's a good Rogan with a WADA guy who talks about the specific difference in tour de france athletes, there was something about having to get up in the middles of the night to do exercise because their blood was too thick. Not that I'm harping on your post I get your point and it is valid, but comparing altitude training to EPO seems silly - the difference is too great.
>>
It depends on what nation they are from, as it is the individual nation's responsibility to administer doping tests outside of competitions and each national agency has different standards and practices.
>>
File: oXRmvsF.jpg (116 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
oXRmvsF.jpg
116 KB, 640x640
>>37441474
>The altitude training has a far lesser effect than taking EPO.
Yes but it still has an affect. What I'm trying to illustrate is that the whole reason there's so much controversy is because of limited thinking like OP in this thread. Science is simple. Conclusions and emotions are where it all goes retarded.

Seems you get that already though. Also you're talking about the red blood cell count which is affected by fasting and altitude tanks, particularly useful for bicyclists in particular.
>>
It's their job to win, it would be irresponsible of them to not dope.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.