[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on diet soda. Is it really that bad to have as a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 482x305) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 482x305
Redpill me on diet soda.

Is it really that bad to have as a treat? As long as you're not prone to fall into shitty habits due to sweet flavours/not drinking it all the time.
>>
Of course it's OK in moderation
>>
>>37441187

I drink it virtually every day

It's only a problem if you drink over 6L a day
>>
>>37441208
But are you fat?
>>
>>37441221

Yes

In large part to all the non diet soda I drank
>>
If you drink too much ,the aspartame will give you headaches
>>
File: fit-drink.jpg (449 KB, 936x1285) Image search: [Google]
fit-drink.jpg
449 KB, 936x1285
Aspartame is fine
Phenalaneline fucks you up if you're part of the 0.004% of the human population affected by it, otherwise you're fine.
Carbonated water is fine.

Diet soda is fine.

If you want to be concerned about something in it be concerned about the mildly acidic phosphoric acid which may affect your teeth over time in large quantities in a similar way to coffee.

tl;dr brush your teeth if you drink more than a few litres in one sitting, otherwise shut up
>>
As a treat , it's fine.

Depends how often you treat yourself?
>>
File: 1462229710956.jpg (80 KB, 638x483) Image search: [Google]
1462229710956.jpg
80 KB, 638x483
I've been cutting for 4 months now, went from 17% BF to 10%, all while counting calories and drinking an average of 4L of Coke Zero every week.
It's more of a treat in order not to go insane on a cut.
It doesn't have calories, but still is bad for teeth.
>>
One take on it
>>
File: 1haftercoke.jpg (1 MB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
1haftercoke.jpg
1 MB, 1500x1500
>>37441623
And another one.
>>
>>37441605
>4L of coke.
>a treat
>>
>>37441187
You know when your mum said everything is ok in moderation?

Thats pretty much all there is to it.
>>
>>37441632

Wasn't this determined to be junk science? There aren't even sources.
>>
>>37441623

This isn't a take on anything, it's an observation

>>37441632

has nothing to do with diet soda
>>
>>37441633

At one point i was drinking 2L daily, but i had diarrhea because of it, so i cut down to around 0.5L per day
>>
>>37441572
Lots of people are allergic to aspartame. I know a guy with scarring up his arm, because he drank too much diet coke and passed out against a radiator.
>>
>>37441623

all the retard fatties drink diet coke

coke zero tastes infinitely better. i drank 4 cans a day while cutting for abs
>>
>>37441651
It's not even junk science, it's literal bullshit in an infographic.

Nobody is arguing coke is good for you but you'd have to be pretty solidly retarded to base your dietary decisions on something like that

>>37441656
>Lots of people are allergic to aspartame.
No they aren't

>I know a guy with scarring up his arm, because he drank too much diet coke and passed out against a radiator.
No you don't

Aspartame is the single most studied dietary substance we have. It's undoubtedly safe and anyone who conjects that point has a firm grasp of mental illness and paranoia. Here's a brief interjection at random with clinical study http://www.nhs.uk/news/2015/03March/Pages/Research-casts-doubt-on-aspartame-sensitivity.aspx

Start using your brain
>>
>>37441632
Not gonna say that coke is good for you or anything but:

>Your blood sugar spikes
as it does when you eat pretty much anything

>Caffine makes your pupils dilate

>Your body ups your dopamine ... heroin works this way
The person who wrote this doesn't understand that your body ups your dopamine whenever you do something pleasurable, Sex, Food, Running, etc.

What annoys me more than that is Speed, Cocaine and Meth will all increase your dopamine levels much much higher than heroin ever will, but heroin affects the body in other ways as well.
>>
File: 14.gif (4 MB, 581x327) Image search: [Google]
14.gif
4 MB, 581x327
>>37441605
>4L of Coke Zero every week.
>t's more of a treat
What the fuck.
>>
I drink about 2-4 litres of coke zero or some diet soft drink equivalent a day and have lost nearly 70kg. I also just came back from the dentist and teeth are great. check mate.
>>
>>37441632
>10 teaspoons of sugar

areyoufuckingserious.jpg
>>
>>37441632
Sugar crashes aren't real.
>>
>>37441187
nothing really unless you're a fatass or you're really into eating healthy it would barely affect your gains assuming you don't drink 1L a day

I only drink coke zero because regular coke makes me feel like absolute shit afterwards coke zero doesn't.
>>
Never drank regular coke. It's nasty shit. Vid related.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWpJPmzUYcM.
>>
The worst part about it (realistically, the only bad part about it) is the caffeine content. If you're a regular drinker of it, you'll build up a crazy tolerance to it. My fat fuck brother who drinks 3+ liters of regular Coke a day didn't even register 2 scoops of 5150, for example. Just educate yourself about the effects of caffeine and you should be fine. FWIW, I drink a can of Pepsi Max with my lunch every day for the last two years, and I'm fine.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.