[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /fit/ I've been trying to change my "bulking diet"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: fresh-vegetables[1].jpg (873 KB, 2292x1221) Image search: [Google]
fresh-vegetables[1].jpg
873 KB, 2292x1221
Sup /fit/
I've been trying to change my "bulking diet" to a better cleaner one.
For the most part of the diet I used a custom meal planner thing that scooby has on his website. And it's pretty great, but one thing bother me, it tell me to eat about 800g-1.5kg of vegetables a day. Do I really need this much vegetables, can I cut that amount to like 400g or so and just substitute with shit like brown rice, oats and etc.
>>
bumpu
I am tired of eating cabbage
>>
>>37440620
scooby pls go
>>
>>37440946
But I didn't even post links anon.

No but seriously, how much vegetables should I be eating for a 3200kcal diet?
>>
>>37441071

1.5 kg of which vegetables? I am pretty sure eating 1.5 kg of cabbage would give you the shits.
>>
>>37441156
If you choose cauliflower there it sets it to about 1.5kg a day

cabbage about 1kg
>>
>>37441186

> make sure you're reaching the daily intake of vitamins, minerals
> try to get a ratio of omega 3/6 no more than 1:4
> try not to eat stuff with a lot of trans fat or saturated fat in it
> eat enough protein so your muscles don't waste away
> try not to eat stuff with added sugar in it

www.cronometer.com should help you eat "cleaner"
>>
>>37441242
thanks, I'll check it out most definetly.
But still, vegetables, how much vegetables compared to how much regular carb source.
>>
Haven't looked specifically at Scoobys recommendations but pretty much any healthy diet should be about 80% vegetables.

Substituting veg with grains is fine to a point so long as you're still eating a huge variety of veg and not eating more grain than veg.

>>37441242
These recommendations are solid gold. I'd also recommend never eating processed food if you can help it, though I guess that's the same as
> try not to eat stuff with added sugar in it

>>37441357
>But still, vegetables, how much vegetables compared to how much regular carb source.
Vegetables are a carb source. They're also the best (density wise) source of proteins. The only thing they lack is saturated fat (which is considered bad in more than 30g/day), but even that you can find in avocados and such.

The food pyramids and traditional dietary bullshit recommend carbs should make up 60% of your diet. I'd recommend they make up around 30% of your TDEE and that they all be complex. Processed carbs are plain retarded.
>>
>>37441357

"The Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommends that carbohydrates make up 45 to 65 percent of your total daily calories. So, if you get 2,000 calories a day, between 900 and 1,300 calories should be from carbohydrates. That translates to between 225 and 325 grams of carbohydrates a day."

The keto crew seem to disagree but there is currently no long-term evidence supporting their belief that it's healthy to stop eating carbohydrates, and quite frankly cutting out carbs just makes it harder to get enough vitamins, minerals, and lipids.

What >>37441552 says about processed carbs is correct as well, try to stay away from them.

Highly refined grains, like most flour, is all so thoroughly processed that your saliva alone is enough to break it down into sugar, so eating bread and pasta is almost the same as eating plain sugar with a little iron in it. Okay, not as bad as pure sugar, but it's still pretty f*cking bad.
>>
>>37441552
But that would make me eat even more vegetables than what even Scooby recomends
>>
Are you planning on participating in any bodybuilding and men's physique competitions soon? Scooby made his as a guide for himself to go off of since he wanted to participate in some bodybuilding competitions. To note he got last place for all the categories he entered in.

Instead, go with what works for you. Just make sure your macros are balanced out well for the activities you do (e.g. if you run, eat more carbs, lift then more protein).
>>
>>37441768
Nah, I mostly train for strength.
The thing is, my usuall diet was "hit your protein and eat more calories"
Now I am thinking about becoming a little bit more leaner, so I am going to count my macros.
Honestly, I do feel great on this leaner diet, but the amount of vegs I have to eat is anoying.
total volume of food except for vegies is about 1.5 kg and then add another 1kg of vegetables.
I lurked in sticky, but it jsut says that you should eat vegies as much as you can. I could easily eat 500g of veggies each day, but I am afraid it would be too little.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.