[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are properly used steroids dangerous in any real capacity? It
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2
Are properly used steroids dangerous in any real capacity? It doesn't make any sense that roiding is so taboo to the general populous. If you're going to eat right, lift, sleep, ect, for gains, than why would you not roid other than merit of them being "too" effective? So why is roid used a fucking insult?

It's like seeing in a videogame or comic where augmented people or mutants or whatever are shunned for being too cool and what everyone wants to be basically, and you think, there's no people would be like that if these guys where real!

It's essentially the same shit, right?
>>
>>37440416
Wat?

Go watch Bigger Stronger Faster.
>>
>>37440416
Any cheat has a price. I roid, and I've been lucky so far, but I'm paying the price in certain side effects and, of course, money. I also have no idea what the long term effects on my body will be. I wouldn't roid were I not suicidal anyway.
>>
File: pU77l7o.jpg (41 KB, 500x706) Image search: [Google]
pU77l7o.jpg
41 KB, 500x706
Because being big is about showing dedication, sacrifice, fortitude, and is only limited by what you can learn about yourself. Do you think the years of planned meals, studied routines, and tempered emotions DON'T have as much of an effect as the massive gains you see bodybuilders displaying? Gear is just a shortcut to all that, you get the results but emotionally you end up being stunted. It's dangerous because it creates role models who do not have any real moral values. I can't lie and tell you that I don't admire the science behind the steroids, testing the furthest limits that you body can achieve, but it just hurts the entire community. It's as bad as ecstasy, YES your body is supposed to be euphoric, YES your body is supposed to be swole, but you don't just get it from popping a pill or sticking a needle in your ass. You need to work for it, this is what the older generation talks about when they say something is "rotting your brain".
>>
>>37440488
Actually, steroid use still requires everything you've discussed to achieve the greatest results. Look at Ronnie Coleman. Do you think you're somehow more dedicated or pious than him just because you're natty?
>>
>>37440512
He doesn't mean it's the only factor. Roids are half of his physique. Without them he'd be a lot smaller.
>>
>>37440488
well put
>>
>>37440488
You're an edgy faggot. There's a genetic limit for everyone that steroids can expand. Fucking retard.
>>
>>37440416
Tobacco won't give you nasty sides after one use. Steroids can. Surely, they won't threaten your life and maybe even health, but can decrease your comfort of life for a month or even for the rest of your life.
>>
>>37440587
sorry, but that's not right.
If you have access to pharma grade gear and do proper PCT etc, there is very little you'd have to fear if you stick with normal test-E.

There are multiple studies done where one group was injected with steroids, the other was not, and the results compared. Do you know what the Declaration of Helsinki is, or GCP?

If there were a realistic chance that one-time use of steroids could permanently fuck up a person such studies would never - ever - receive ethics approval, not if they're totally isolated from any disease treatment, which many of them are.
>>
>>37440488

i can't wait for all the teenage roiders to fall into depression and lose all their aesthetics once they get off the roids.
>>
>>37440512
But that's exactly the point.
99% of all roiders are people that jump on it because they are too lazy to figure out how to lift properly.
These people never compete anywhere. They roid and look like any average non competing roider.
Blown up shoulders and traps, big arms and shitty skin.

That's is disgusting and despicable.
And those guys really have no clue about programming and nutrition.
They cruise on their gear, which allows them to just go to the gym and do any pump set super set triangle set bullshit. It has absolutely no consideration, you just chase a pump. And that works if you are a gear user and never want to look any more than the average meathead.

I don't mind professional bodybuilder. They have a good reason to roid: they need to compete.
The average roid bro doesn't compete and looks like shit, yet injects life changing substances because of lazy
And dumbness
>>
>>37440488
Nice opinion faggot. Why don't you write that in your diary?
>>
>>37440834
>>37440554
are you trying to look like a caricature?
>>
>>37440416
Is properly used heroin dangerous in any capacity?
>>
>>37440488
>Tips Fedora euphorically
>>
Lmao its so funny when ABSOLUTELY clueless people try to discuss steroids
Please go on this is just too good
>>
>>37440897
Nice argument
>>
My favorite argument against steroids, and this is coming from someone who has never touched them, is that they are "dangerous" because instead of getting noob gains, and then working 3-4 more years to hit your natural limit, you cut it down to 1 year. Therefor you are "fake" and a "fraud." It's not like someone taking steroids just sits on their ass and does nothing.

Personally if someone wants to take steroids,then that's their decision. If they don't have "the proper diet and discipline" as everyone claims, then they just lose their gains after they stop. If they do have it down though, they just speed up a process that usually takes years, and then maintains it. Who fucking cares?
>>
>>37440852
Like you're doing now?
>>
>>37440416
Tbqh I don't see any issue with advanced people using them to break the natty limit they are already approaching.

The issue for me is noobs using em to get a head start. Without years of training knowledge and diet discipline etc, you can't make the most out of them. Jon Skywalker is a prime example. Sure he's aesthetic as fuck, but he is weak as fuck considering the shit he takes. If you have seen any of his training videos, he clearly has absolutely no clue what he is doing (or at least optimal). Also, the slow progressive overload that comes with natty liftin strengthens tendons and connective tissues progressively with it, which take much longer to improve than muscle mass. If you just hop on prop, tren, dbol or whatever, your strength gains will fucking explode. Like stupid ammounts. Issue is, connective tissue strength won't increase proportionally with muscle mass and strength. So snap city ensues. Its simply a case of a guy benching 3-4pl8 with the tendon strength of a 2pl8 bencher, and then wondering why he felt a pop in his shoulder and why his left peck changed races from bruising.

With regards to it being taboo, who the fuck cares. Regardless if you are juicing or not, all the judgement from a decent body stems from the fact that people are either jealous of you, or intimidated by you in some way. Just have a hearty kek and revel in the fact you physically look good enough to make people so insecure.
>>
>>37440642
>If there were a realistic chance
The chance is real. Educate yourself. Also if hospital causes it, you get hormonal therapy for free for the rest of your life. If you shut down yourself permanently - you're fucked, unless you have health insurance.
So don't compare clinical use to average meathead use.
>>
>>37441180
Agree with this anon. But the sad fact is many meatheads happily hand in their natty cards KNOWING that they will get shutdown, and dont care. They just stay on (periodically) for the rest of their days, and are at peace with that, which is fair enough if that is your choice. Not worth it imo, but hey, insecurity is a hell of a drug.
>>
>>37441179

Agree with this mostly. Tendon health is the big one. I will be the faggot who admits that I lifted for 3 years, took a 5 year break, and returned to it. I already knew form and everything, but didn't want to suffer through low numbers and shit again, so I hopped on the Test from like 2 months in. Fast forward 11 months after 3 cycles and suddenly WHOOPS WHAT WAS THAT FEELING in my arm after doing some tricep work. Had to recover for months to get back after destroying my tendon.
>>
>>37441197
Yeah, I personally know a guy who regularly fluctuates from swole motherfucker to fat sack of shit.
>>
>>37440416
>Are properly used steroids dangerous in any real capacity?

Anabolic steroids aren't magical "Get Big" pills, you nitwit. They mimic the effects of substances that already exist in your body in a certain state of balance. When you introduce analogue substances in amounts orders of magnitude larger than what is found in the body naturally, you disturb the state of homeostasis of the whole organism. Of course, there are ways to minimize the damage you do to your organism this way, but steroids can never be considered safe just because of how radically and profoundly they affect the state of balance that your organism is in, even if you had a whole team of endocrynologists testing you daily.
>>
I don't see the problem with it. I am on TRT from T level of 124 as a 26 year old dude. If I had the opportunity to bump it up more, I would in a heartbeat. The jump from shit T to normal T levels made my lifts and weight loss insane compared to what I was. I imagine people going from normal to AAS levels would feel the same thing I did. Just the people piling on 50 things on a cycle are fucking idiots.
>>
>>37440879
no.
>>
>>37441197
what are you talking about?
there is no such thing as permanent shutdown, at least not with non-excessive or even one-time steroid use.
>>
>>37440416
gyno is probably the worst and most likely thing you'll run into while doing roids on a moderate level for a while
>>
>>37441973
this. and you can properly counter gyno with AIs and nolva or clomid.
>>
>>37441180
If it's real please post medical journal articles showing it.
>>
>>37441973
Only if you're a complete retard and don't take an AI. Who does this? It's the age of the internet man, this is discussed in every basic intro to roids.
>>
>>37441180
>posts broscience "test shutdown" bullshit
>"Educate yourself."
everytime
>>
>>37440416
fuck off richard
>>
I'm terrified of losing my natural test levels when I come off cycle. PCT be damned, some people just have really shitty post-cycles.
And lord knows what happens after you cruise for 5+ years.

I want to look good when I'm 50, not just when im 30.

I'll hop on TRT as soon as I am able, but...yeah. Until then, eh.
>>
>>37442529
Dude, you can do what you want. Don't whine later tho, that nobody warned you.
>>
>>37443137
>I want to look good when I'm 50, not just when im 30.
You can look good at 30 natty. Even at 40+. At 50 I myself will try to hop on TRT.
>>
>risking baldness
>risking gyno
>risking hormone imbalance shit
No thnks
>>
>>37440416
They didn't use roids in that game, they use mechanical augmentation. And augs don't screw up your long term health and shit, they actually improve it. They also cost a lot of money and last for a lifetime and work, unlike roids where any street rat can get one from the darkweb only to regret it lol.
>>
>>37443137
What happens when you cruise for years straight is you end up needing TRT. I have a friend who posts here sometimes who is on TRT because of exactly this.
>>
>>37440416
TANSTAAFL: There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch. Magic always comes with a price. There is a cost to be paid down the road for steroid use, and once you go down that road very far you can't go back. Steroid use needs to be closely monitored by a medical professional to ensure that you stop before damage is done, unless you want to end up like Zyzz.
>>
>>37440416
>If you're going to eat right, lift, sleep, ect, for gains, than why would you not roid other than merit of them being "too" effective? So why is roid used a fucking insult?
Either this is bait, or you are a very confused soul. I'll assume the second for the rest of this post.
Eating, sleeping and training right are a part of life. Not mandatory though. That means: you should eat right, sleeping well and train to live in a "good body", because it is objectively good for your health, and your body is where you live. You train, eat and sleep because you respect yourself. If you didn't, you would be doing drugs, be overweight, or exercise a similar from of degeneracy.
[Side note: I am not implying you should have orthorexia or that you should live like a machine. A night of PIZZA, beer and stayting up hitting on qts is also a part of life. Do everything in moderation. Don't be autistic, your cut won't be ruined by the frappucino you had on a date.
In fact, I am not saying you *should* do anything. I am making assumptions about why you do what you do based on your post.]
So, think.
Is a good, stable, natural, healthy life what you want to do? Don't do roids, there is literally nothing to gain.
Do you want to impress the guy in the mirror, newbies at the gym, gay dudes and trashy sluts? Is becoming big and swole and ripped and shredded and jacked as fuck your main goal? In that case, do use roids. There is literally no reason not to.

My 2ยข.
>>
>>37440488
>It's as bad as ecstasy
So not very bad then?
>>
>>37440488

I guess I understand this.
>>
Any thoughts on a first cycle? I'm thinking halodrol, I've done the research and have lifted for a year.
>>
>>37440488
I shall end this thread by using my superior intellect
>>
>>37446951
test. nothing else.
>>
>>37445406
>Do you want to impress the guy in the mirror, newbies at the gym, gay dudes and trashy sluts? Is becoming big and swole and ripped and shredded and jacked as fuck your main goal? In that case, do use roids. There is literally no reason not to.

This is why I jumped on
>>
>>37440416
The only real thing to worry about is accelerated balding if genetically prone and hypertrophy of the heart.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.