[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SNAP CITY STRIKES
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: back-banner.jpg (15 KB, 540x250) Image search: [Google]
back-banner.jpg
15 KB, 540x250
so last friday I was doing OHP when during the last rep something went *crack* inside of me, more or less on the height of my sternum. I put the barbell on a rack and felt a very unpleasant kind of pain in the area I highlighted on a related pic. It hurts mostly when I lean my head forward/backward or turn it to the side. Other movements may cause a minor pain too, but it's not that bad when i keep my head stable. It got a little bit better since Friday, but it still sucks. Anyone has gotten this kind of injury before?
>>
1 vote for mayor of snap city
>>
>>37440007
Sounds like literally the same thing I had once. I felt the pain instantly and it hurt to tilt my head in any direction. It went away after a couple of days though. I just make sure I focus on really good form when I do OHP now and I've been fine.
>>
Sounds like you compressed a disk/vertibrae a little. You should do stretches for your spine and decompress it for a week and then go back to working out and check how it feels. And if you're in the position that causes that to happen, you're doing standing incline chest press rather than OHP. Basically more weight than you should be doing for your current core strength.
>>
sounds like a bad neighborhood of Snap City, but I've never been there so don't take my word. were you tensorizing your glutes and abs? I want to know how to avoid this
>>
>>37440320
>>37440333
sounds reassuring, thanks mates

>>37440349
not really, i think i did this set with a shit form
>>
>>37440007
I don't think it has something to to with your discs, more probably something with your muscle. this happens a lot to me, and warmth, stretching and slowly mobilizing it helps. I have a light scoliosis, that's why I'm getting a lot of problems when going heavy, one side is used more than the other. Do some dumbell ohp from time to time to check for imbalances
>>
>>37440007
When i work i have to often look down (hard physical job)
And when i have especially busy day, i sometimes get pains in that area too, but i feel like it's 1-2 inches deep (not in lower trap but some muscle underneath)
>>
GO TO A DOCTOR GO TO A DOCTOR GO TO A DOCTOR
>>
>>37440333

It likely has nothing to do with his spine. He's know about it if it was.

I've had a similar issue with OHP a couple of times. It's a muscular sprain. You've tweak your trap probably and now it's limiting neck ROM until it heals up. It'll take up to a week but then you'll be totally fine.

Just take it easy with your OHP form.
>>
>>37440007

Congratulations, you've paralyzed yourself.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.