[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tips on dropping the last bit of weight /fit/? from around July
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: mosaic pepe.jpg (121 KB, 700x644) Image search: [Google]
mosaic pepe.jpg
121 KB, 700x644
tips on dropping the last bit of weight /fit/?

from around July of last year until March I dropped 65 pounds (235-170) and I've totally stopped since then. I also began lifting in March and have made decent strength gains through 2 months. I had some muscle when I started since I did lift on and off through the years but nothing this consistent.

I have been putting on muscle from what I can tell so there has been some fat loss but there is no way I'm adding the same amount of muscle as fat lost on SL

I'm eating at a 300-400 calorie deficit everyday that's decently high in protein and only have carbs at dinner before gym. Is adding cardio the only way to drop these last 15 pounds of fat? Just looking for tips from people who have had the same predicament.
>>
>>37439256
>until March I dropped 65 pounds (235-170) and I've totally stopped since then
>I'm eating at a 300-400 calorie deficit everyday

One of these is not true. If you aren't losing weight, either decrease your calorie intake, or increase your activity levels.
>>
I'd do HITT for 3x a week
>>
>>37439280
I definitely dropped the weight but to be perfectly honest I would usually skip breakfast, go to classes all day, and get home and eat a regular sized dinner (maybe 500 cals) a day.

So that might have fucked up my metabolism bad if that's a possibility.

>>37439291
I've been wanting to start doing that as well but my endurance for sprints is so shit. Might kick my own ass to do them once finals is finished
>>
>>37439417
It's not a possibility. Your metabolism doesn't drop that much in that sort of timeframe. Your body spends it energy on useful, necessary shit. It's not like it just pissing it away on bullshit all day, can afford to go "oh fuck, anon only had a McDouble today, drop all processes by 60%"

Get a food scale. Put everything that goes in your mouth on that scale. Consume fewer calories than you are currently.
>>
>>37439448
I should be more anal about weighing my food, and maybe start doing some meal prep. You're right anon, I still feel like even if I am not hitting the 300-400 calorie deficit I think I am there is no way I'm above maintenance 6/7 days. I guess progress has just slowed down so much from the start and it's hard to take it slow when it was so easy before.
>>
>>37439497
You're probably hanging close to maintenance. If you're at a 100 cal deficit, it will take over a month to see a single pound drop on the scale.

Has your weight been exactly the same since March, or are you just losing weight very slowly, like a pound every weeks?
>>
>>37439529
It's fluctuated from 167-172 or so, and this is with weighing myself in the morning after a shit so the readings are as consistent as they can get. Some weeks I'll drop a pound and others I'll gain a pound. I do look a bit leaner but like I said above there is no way I'm gaining muscle at that speed.
>>
>>37439529
currently at exactly 170
>>
>>37439574

fellow ~170 bro here, from 210.
haven't moved from this general area in 6 months
>>
>>37439683
It's not terrible but I have a lil extra belly chub that I could do without, especially with the extra skin that's left over
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.