[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I burn 1,000 calories every day at the gym with 2,000 TDEE. eating
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: imgres.png (989 B, 208x242) Image search: [Google]
imgres.png
989 B, 208x242
I burn 1,000 calories every day at the gym with 2,000 TDEE. eating 2,000 calories a day.

So why am I getting fat?
>>
>I burn 1,000 calories every day at the gym

No you don't.
>>
>>37437301
You can't count.

What exactly are you doing that you think you burn 1000
>>
>>37437331
300 cal run, 400 cal lift, 300 cal run
>>
>>37437344
apple watch and livestrong's MyPlate app
>>
>>37437344
see
>>37437350
>>
>>37437350
Are you in the gym for like 3 hours?
>>
>>37437399
sort of
>>
>>37437405
Well if your workouts are legit then you are counting calories wrong or you have incorrectly calculated TDEE. End of story, you can't be calculating everything correctly.
>>
>>37437429
here's an example

healthkit says my TDEE is 2000 alongside this. So thats 3000, give or take.

hungry as fuck all the time tho
>>
File: Fate.strange.fake.full.972031.jpg (95 KB, 600x776) Image search: [Google]
Fate.strange.fake.full.972031.jpg
95 KB, 600x776
>>37437301
It's simple.
1. Keep same kcal for a week.
2. Check your weight. Happy? Good. Not happy? Go to point 3.
3. Not losing fat? Cut 100 kcal. Wait week.
4. Repeat from point 2.
>>
Why are there so many replies to this low quality bait?
>>
>>37437301
all your numbers are wrong. Simple as that
>>
>>37437301
Listen, OP:
You can count 'calories in' by weighing and measuring everything you put in your mouth, and using available nutritional data for foods, you can arrive at a number for kilocalories and macronutrient content. However, that is only an estimate; all foods vary some in their nutritional content, but it's close enough to work with.

What you can NOT do, is count calories burned with any accuracy even approaching a degree of precision that makes the data useful. The reason for this is are several; to start with, the degree of efficiency of the human body: it's roughly 25% efficient (burn 4 kcal to get 1kcal of actual work) but that figure varies all over the place depending on a number of factors. Also, while some guide on the internet may say 'lifting weights, 1 hour, xxx calories burned' or 'run 30 minutes, xxx calories burned', those are only the most vague of estimates as well. Gym machines (stationary bikes, treadmills, stairclimbers) that claim to tell you how many calories you're burning, are using statistical averages of a wide swath of people to come to that figure, and then they estimate on the high side to keep you motivated. The only things that even come close to accurately measuring your actual work (and therefore calories burned) are things like a rowing machine with an ergometer on it, or a PowerTap wheel for a bicycle, which actually measure force applied over time (which equals work, in kilojoules).

Basically you're falling into a common trap: trying to quantify everything about your fitness, then getting disappointed and confused when your math says you should be losing weight, but aren't.

Here's what you need to do:
Not losing weight as fast as you should? Eat less, move more. Move these in reasonable increments so you don't completely sabotage yourself. Repeat until success. Make sense?
>>
>>37437350
>400 cal lift,
nah
>>
>>37437350
>400 calories lifting
>>
>>37437729
So lifting doesnt burn calores?
>>
I am losing a pound ~2 days

I started at 175 late april now im 157.

Cutting isnt hard but I do get hungry.
>>
>>37437684
so what you're saying is:

my fitness band is a waste of money?
>>
>>37437949
So-called 'fitness bands' are the worst of the worst. There are class-action lawsuits out there over the inaccuracy.
>Fitbit is a meme
>>
>>37437301
Your TDEE is not 2000 calories and you don't burn 1000 at the gym
>>
File: AY6KK3c.jpg (8 KB, 320x213) Image search: [Google]
AY6KK3c.jpg
8 KB, 320x213
I'll just pay for the blasted liposuction.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.