[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hello, anybody here know much about hairloss medication here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: WIN_20160505_11_13_11_Pro.jpg (248 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20160505_11_13_11_Pro.jpg
248 KB, 1920x1080
hello, anybody here know much about hairloss medication here? i am a 25 year old male, i started going bald aggressively at 22, i have been on finasteride for 2.5 years, and although it has worked okay in terms of slowing down further loss, i have noticed that recently i have started losing it again. my temple points are thinning

because of this i have considered starting dutasteride, finasteride's stronger cousin, would you say this is a good idea? i realize dutasteride isn't fda approved for hairloss. anybody here had success with dutas?

also, if i got bad sides on dutas, could i switch back to fin safely without losing any hair i wouldn't have had i never switched to dut?
>>
Dude, you have to get on finasteride and dutasteride along with monixidil 5% twice a day. Trust me brah, I'm 5 years on this medication and haven't lost any hair since I began.
>>
>>37434274
>finasteride and dutasteride along with monixidil 5% twice a day
nigga u crazy
>>
>>37434274
didn't finasteride turn men into low test faggots ?
>>
how costly is fin and mon?
>>
dude just buzz your head

nothing can bring a full head of hair back if there was every guy would get on it probably if it was just a pill to take or whatever. Currently, the only way to get a full head of hair back is surgery which is expensive and can cause an unnatural look.
>>
>>37433421
When you're 30 you can pay for hair transplantation if you still have hair on the sides of your head.
>>
just embrass your bald head.
>>
>>37433421
Never tried Dut yet, I'm only on fin/minox for 4 years now.
Ever get your levels checked? And how much fin you on? Depending on your dose/levels your DHT could still be high. Especially if you take creatine which raises DHT.

Get your levels checked first. After that that adjust your fin dose if needed. And if you get on Dut, start with a smaller dose and reduce the risk of bad sides.

>>37435727
Fin lowers DHT & raises test, but it also raises estrogen (via extra testosterone but mostly due to less DHT) Anyways yeah it can promote gyno & ED. All just depends on your dose and levels. That's why you get them checked before/after.

>>37435739
minoxidil foam is like $50 for 3 months? Something like that, I forget. I just order it from amazon, so whatever they're at. I never bothered with non foam and I always buy the rogaine brand.

And fin is really cheap, but it depends how much you take, but it's like $50 a year for me.
>>
>>37433421

Quit toweling drying our hair.
Massage your scalp.
Put apple vinegar on our head and wrap it in a towel and then use a light shampoo to rinse the smell off.

If it doesnt grow back just genetics and you are fucked.
>>
I cared, until I realized a ton, if not most, of men are bald or have a receding hairline at 30

Just style around it until it looks terrible, then buzz
>>
>>37438139
>quit towel drying your hair
how does this work
>>
>>37433421
Gerrard?..
>>
>>37438246

The friction dries out your scalp and a dry scalp will start to lose hair.
>>
>>37438272

Guess I should add you can pat it dry with a towel but dont just take the towel and furiously rub it back and forth trying to dry it.
>>
File: ron_3.jpg (85 KB, 447x176) Image search: [Google]
ron_3.jpg
85 KB, 447x176
>>37433421
why not go see a plastic surgeon and ask about hairloss preventing medications?

also if you're balding aggressively, you're probably going to lose a lot of hair at some point no matter what. look into NeoGraft, its a company that offers follicular unit extraction and implantation (no scar hair transplant) at many plastic surgeons' clinics. highly effective. worth the cost. my dad had it and honestly he looked like 50 years old before, now hes more like 35
>>
>>37433421
what do you mean going bald ''''''''''aggressively''''''''''?
>>
just shave don't be a fag
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.