[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
arms, big arms
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: ahnohld.jpg (21 KB, 625x411) Image search: [Google]
ahnohld.jpg
21 KB, 625x411
Hey /fit/,
I made a bet with a friend that I could increase my bench press from 245 to 265 in 3 months at 190 lbs bodyweight. Also part of the bet is that I can grow my arms more than 2cm in those same 3 months (38-40). I was planning on doing a lot of arm volume for the next month and a half and then running smolov jr for the last month. Any thoughts/ tips on what I should do to win the bet? Also general arm training/ advice thread I guess.
>>
>>37432421
>smolov jr
I think you're on the right track for your bench, but I think you're going to have a hard time reaching your arm size gain without putting on 10 lbs.
>>
1g tren A and 1g test e / wk
>>
>>37432442
I was planning on putting on at least 5 lbs over Smolov (probably more) but I'm rather worried I wont be able to sustain enough arm volume during the program, especially my biceps which are lagging terribly
>>
>>37432480
One day maybe
>>
>>37432770
1(one) day u may
>>
>>37432792
yes but I dont want to put on too much muscle too fast, i want a physique which is attainable naturally like arnold. Not one of those roided piano monsters
>>
i followed smolov jr my max only went up 10 pounds but for biceps try working them out alot like at least 5-10 sets every workout and more on your pull days it worked for me
>>
>>37432421
Do 21s for biceps and triceps at the end of one or two of your workouts a week
>>
>>37432421

Chest/Back twice per week, 100pushup and 50pullup program every day you don't do chest and back, one day dedicated specifically to arms.

Arm day:

Close Grip Bench - 5 sets of 10 reps at max weight each set

super set the following, 3 x 10:

EZ Bar Curls and Dips
Reverse Curls and Skull Crushers
Hammer Curls and Tricep pull downs

Prepare for 1/4" growth every week and to easily increase your bench to 3 plates 1RM at the end of 2 months.
>>
>>37433123

Oh, and do whatever else you want to do for the other three days of the week. A leg day and two shoulder days. One rest day.
>>
>>37433142
perfect exactly what I was looking for I'm thinking of deadlifting every day as well to make my back stronger which will make my arms bigger and never take a rest dayso i dont waste my food
>>
>>37433177

I also recommend the same routine for bench as with the close grip bench.

5 reps of 10, each set at the heaviest weight you can do for that set. If you fail, drop the weight 10-20lbs and finish the set. Continue the next set at the weight it was dropped to.
>>
>>37433189

I meant 5 sets of 10 reps.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.