[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you structure a lifting program around a very physically
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: construction.jpg (169 KB, 656x720) Image search: [Google]
construction.jpg
169 KB, 656x720
How do you structure a lifting program around a very physically demanding job?

I'm thinking of doing something like this but wondering if it's enough

Day A:

Press 3 x 5
Squats 3 x 5

Day 2"

Bench Press 3 x 5
Deadlift 1 x 5

Workouts would alternate every saturday as I'm far too exhausted to train during the week
>>
>>37432320

I would figure the same as any solid routine, lots of functional compound movements, and heavier weights
>>
if you can only lift one day a week you might as well do all four exercises.

>squats
>bench/press (alternate which one you start with)
>deadlifts
>>
>>37432320
Wait youre planning to lift once a week?
>>
>>37432320
>How do you structure a lifting program around a very physically demanding job?
> Go home tired
> eat
> shower
> go to sleep because you have to wake up in 6 hours
> repeat
>>
>>37432836
This sounds depressing af
>>
>>37432876
Oh yeah.. even jobs
At least less physically demanding
>>
>>37432320

My powerlifting friends who work in construction do exactly what you suggested. A and B days 2 or 3 times a week based around only two or one main lifts with a few accessories. It's high in intensity moderate in frequency and low in volume. Lots of them are national and European champions so it works.
>>
I do Push Pull, 3 exercises for each
>>
what's your work schedule like? And I was working 100 hours a week in the fire department, going to school, and still made it to the gym 3 times a week.
>>
>>37433447
You mean you were on call for 100 hours.
>>
>>37432320
do hyperextensions/supermans/whatever catches your fancy for (lower) back. Doesn't drain too much energy during the week.
It may save your quality of life for decades when you're working in such a job.
>>
>>37433516
well, I was the bottom bitch there, meaning that for the time I was awake, I was working. Also I worked at a station in a downtown metropolitan area with a high crime rate and the highest call volume, so we didn't sleep.

Don't be a bitch, work out at least twice a week and just do the A and B days from starting strength
>>
>>37433516
>>37433447
This. Firefighters don't have real jobs
>>
>>37433654
lol sure kid
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.