[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bodyweight exercises are considered to be vile faggotry on this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: a40.gif (2 MB, 448x252) Image search: [Google]
a40.gif
2 MB, 448x252
Bodyweight exercises are considered to be vile faggotry on this board. A guy posted in a CBT yesterday about his progress, with calisthenics only - he didn't look bad, yet he got torn a new asshole for being a "bodiweitfag".

Why do you guys feel this way? Isn't a good bodyweight routine a way to obtain functional strength and look decent?
>>
>functional strength
kys
>>
>>37429859
>Isn't a good bodyweight routine a way to obtain functional strength and look decent?

Yes, it is.

People here don't give a shit about being actually fit. They just want to have bloated, dysfunctional bodies because that's what the neighborhood whores think is hot.
>>
>>37429859
People who do calisthenics are like vegans
if they wouldn't mention it at every opportunity nobody would bother them.
>>
Most of these people that post here are so obsessed with how many times they can bench 225 (if even that), squat 225, and deadlift 315 all for a total of about 3 reps each. You have all these form fags and you're doing it wrong blah blah. You can be 275 lbs at 1% body fat and someone will say; "yeah but you can't even bench 400 blah blah" always a bunch of retards commenting. If someone looks good and it works for them then so be it.
>>
>>37429873
Before I do, explain why calisthenics are sub-par compared to lifting.

Thing is, I don't know too much about the differences. I was a fairly decent amateur boxer for 6 years, and I never lifted.
>>
>>37429859
Most people hate on it because it's ineffective, or they're elitist. Bodyweight exercises are fine, but not much more than that.
You can be sure that it'll take longer to get a decent body with bodyweight-only than with weights.
>>
File: stronggymnast.jpg (13 KB, 450x299) Image search: [Google]
stronggymnast.jpg
13 KB, 450x299
I trained in gymnastics since I was 7 til 14. A good club and coach will have ytou training 3 hours per session several times per week. You can get absolutely ripped this way. Next to no bodyweight classes I've seen teach you to work out like I did though and as a result their bodies look "toned".
>>
>>37429908
>why calisthenics are sub-par compared to lifting
they're not as effective in gaining strength & muscle as lifting
they're good for endurance though
anyone who hates bodyweight exercises / calisthenics probably can't even do 10 pull-ups or 50 pushups

having low endurance is as bad as having low strength
>>
>>37429859
>functional strength i.e. not that much strength but injury proof and capable
>look decent i.e. not that good but good enough. Decent.

It's great for that. Looking good doesn't require 7% shredededrree zeeezbruh and you don't need to be able pull a truck as long as you can bring the groceries inside in one trip.
>>
>>37429859
each 4chan board is the same. it converges to one goal, one method and one mentor.
here it's powerlifting and ss, in /ic/ it's realism and Loomis, in /lit/ it's Pynchon and being a pseudo-philosophical asshole.
bw are usually a little worse for strength but better for endurance compared powerlifting.
>>
>>37429908

With lifting you can calibrate the weights however you want. How can you calibrate the resistance to that minute level with calisthenics?

Also, how do you load your spine with hundreds of kgs and squat with only calisthenics?

Other than that, calisthenics is great for the upper body since it works the complete ROM of the shoulder joint
>>
Because there is no good bodyweight leg workout. Goofballs with jacked upperbodies and chicken legs are stupid.
>>
>>37429859
Im the bodiweitfag that posted
Bodyweight is not ideal for absolute strength and working legs and posterior chain is a bit of a bitch. A lot of times its just too hard to progress on certain moves.
You can build a good physique with bodyweight to a point. After a while its just more of a skill thing than anything which is why i like it.
If your goal is just to look good then weights are far better.
>>
>>37429859
Because bodyweight is severely limitedd compared to weight lifting. It's just inferior in every possible way.
>>
>>37431158
Sprinting, pistol squats and leg curls work just fine for me.
>>
>>37429859
What did this guy's progress look like?
>>
>>37429859
Because the majority of /fit/ values being swole/having highest max strength possible.

Which is absolutely fine, but it makes them view any other form of training, for any other forms of atheltics, as being useless shit.

Fit is one of the worst places for people that actually give a shit about fitness.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.