[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I went to snap city
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 5616x3126) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 5616x3126
I went to snap city yesterday on a warm up set of dead lifts. I always hated them but thought my form was spot on.

My working set was supposed to be 365x5. I was warming up on 275 and pulled it, right as it got above my knees my entire lower back loudly cracked. I could feel and hear like 10 pops. Dropped the weight and left the gym.

Yesterday it was sore, warm, and a little numb. Today its board stiff and really sore. I have a dr appointment Tuesday to make sure it's muscular.

Who else here snapped there shit up? How long were you out for, and what can I do besides deadlifts for thickness and hamstrings? I don't care about powerlifting.
>>
Bump, who else has snapped their shit up?
>>
It sounds muscular desu. I would roll against the wall with a lacrosse ball to promote blood flow and break up scar tissue.
>>
File: image.jpg (227 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
227 KB, 1000x1000
>>37429772
Yeah I snapped my shit on squats. Got a bulging or herniated disc.

Been doing lots of research and most experts suggest improving hip mobility. Literally everyone to be more specific.
As well as making Sure you don't have any muscular imbalances.

If you have these 2 things in order it's smooth sailing

I've complied 3 of my favourite rehabilitation exercises
Hope it helps you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3VyLxesZ9U

This fucker has never injured his back because his mobility is insane

Ever since improving my hip mobility I've been able to squat with this budging or herniated disc almost pain free so it's not too bad
>>
there's literally no point in doing normie deadlifts unless you're powerlifting

stick to stiff-leg deadlifts or romanian deadlifts
>>
I tried sumo some days ago with only 1pl8 which is ridiculously low, lifted it with a perfectly straight back and tight core and heard/felt 3 cracks on my lower left part of lower back. I did some testing and it didn't seem to affect anything so I switched to conventional and did my set

I feel some 'pain' there now if I sit for a long time. No fucking idea what it is. Would also be interested in what you can fuck up by deadlifting with a straight back
>>
I snapped my shit up once

About three months after a car accident that wrecked my back and required some physical therapy for it I tried deads again. Started up on my old warm ups like a fool. Pulled and my lower back just popped completely and I couldn't bend over or twist or anything. Thankfully I had two buddies with me so they helped me out and then I just laid in the back of the car on the way home

Couldn't bend or anything for probably the next three days and thought I had seriously just threw all that physical therapy out of the window
>>
>>37430215

How about sumo
>>
>>37430215
You shouldn't lift weights unless you're a power lolfedder

You should have just stuck to wii fit and zoomba
>>
>>37430215

This is what I'm going to do moving forward after my back heals. I don't see a point anymore about doing deadlifts because I don't want to compete, just be healthy and look decent.
>>
>>37430694
Don't be stupid. If you don't deadlift it will show.

http://youtu.be/h3n8z1wy_SQ

Here's how to pull safely by the authority of spine health
>>
Sorry this is kinda long, but I feel like a lot of people might be prone to this injury so I thought I'd share my experience.

I'm currently 22 and a couple of years ago I started having this dull, really annoying right lower back pain. It was the day after leg day IIRC but nothing particularly traumatic happened during the work out so I assumed it was due to sth else.

Fast forward a couple of weeks, the pain is still there and it's making life a bitch. Furthermore, I stupidly continued to workout and that definitely didn't help. Anyways, I decided to go to a PT.

After a few measurements, here's what the PT had to say: Tight hip flexors are pulling on my lumbar spine causing extra strain on it and resulting in an anterior pelvic tilt. Also, the muscles that should be counteracting this action of the hip flexors (abdominals, gluteus Max) are weak and hence cannot compensate. Ultimately, I was "prescribed" some glute exercises and abdominal exercises and was told to stretch my hip flexors.

Interestingly, the PT never told me to stop working out but said to include said stretches/exercises in my workouts. She mentioned that this kind of thing is mostly due to bad posture and that lifting might have just accentuated the bad posture due to bad mobility.

I did what I was told and the pain definitely subsided but was never 100% gone. Now I'm 22 and I still have this pain and although it's not really hindering my lifts too much, there are some days when it can get pretty bad and it's sometimes depressing to think that I have chronic LBP at 22.

So moral of this ramble and a tl;dr:
>Mobility mobility mobility
Seems like common sense but I feel like a lot of people ignore this. Always make time to stretch.
>Practice good posture
>Rest if you think you're injured
Again, common sense but I feel a lot of people ignore this. 2 weeks is usually enough and your gains won't fucking disappear
>Train your fucking abs
ffs compounds are not enough
>>
>>37429772
I had a similar thing. I thought it was all healed in 6 weeks,so I did some bodyweight squats and light military presses. Next day I was right back where i started.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.