[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why do body builders always look like shit in suits?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8
File: 2HofkLA.jpg (50 KB, 564x564) Image search: [Google]
2HofkLA.jpg
50 KB, 564x564
why do body builders always look like shit in suits?
>>
>>37429051
more like why do suits always look like shit on bodybuilders
>>
no homo he looks really good in that suit
>>
>>37429063
this

the less clothes the better, no homo
>>
>>37429051
Poor choice of suite maybe? It's not a one design fits all. Also pic looks good.

> ALL THE HOMO
>>
To be fair, bodybuilders generally look absolutely hilarious with or without clothes lol
>>
>>37429065

Agreed.
>>
Because suits are supposed to give an average human a refined appearance by fitting over their bodyshape pretty closely, most notably pulling at their waist and drawing out the shape of the shoulders.

The more built you are, the more it looks goofy if you try to draw out those features to the extreme, which makes it look like you're bursting out of your clothing.
>>
>>37429051
because youre a fucking idiot. He looks good in that suit. But to answer your question the "perfect" suit fit doesnt work on a bodybuilders frame. OBVIOUSLY.
>>
Need to get a suit in a 2 months

fairly close to my goal body size
just need bigger chest and arms
then finally drop to a low bf% (currently at like 12%)

I should be able to reach my goal by the end of the year.

So how do I not fuck this up and waste a tonne of money on a suit that doesnt fit at the end of the year?

Should I just get just slightly bigger in everything except waist and get it refitted at the end of the year?
>>
>>37429051
Same reason rugby players do.

Proportions are different to the 'average' person.
>>
>>37429051
Ronnie coleman wants to have a word with you
>>
>>37429140
he doesn't look that good in that suit
it makes his hips look wide as fuck
could be the camera though
>>
>>37429320
There won't be a big difference just get it tailored to your size and make it feel comfortable. With a good tailor you can always make the suit a little bigger/smaller.

Also don't bother go cheapskate on suits. Get something decent, people of class see when you are wearing a nice suit or some cheap shit.
>>
>>37429350
yeah well im not going to cheap out, since if allgoes well this suit should last a while.

Whats the hardest part to alter on a suit?

It's the shoulders/chest ye?

So if my shoulders or chest get bigger after gaining more muscle and cutting i'm fucked right?
>>
>>37429098
Oh cmon, big difference between the dedicated nattys, Hollywood himbos and the rich piano's
>>
They wear non tailored suits
>>
>>37429334
Is it about how ridiculous he looks in suits?
>>
Because they have no fashion sense and they never get them tailored.
>>
Suits are designed to give you wider shoulders and an overall more masculine appearance. When you're actual physique does that it looks like overkill
>>
Arnold looked great in a suit.
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 278x529) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 278x529
>>37431501
>Because they have no fashion sense and they never get them tailored.
>>
Big bodybuilders usually look like obese people in clothes. They should always make sure the fitting is tight to show sculpted body off.
>>
>>37429051

i'd chalk a lot of it up to improper tailoring. most men are oblivious to the rules of fashion.
>>
>>37431566
*Tips fedora*
>>
>>37431526
Fix your fucking posture, that joke of a collar, and burn the undershirt. Losing some weight would be fine too.
Right now, that pic looks stupid (and not for the hat, with those shoulders and those shoes it would be passable - still remove it when indoors tho), but you can fix it.
>>
>>37431501
And they approach menswear like they do the stage.
If you tell your tailor 'I wanna physically dominate the room', he'll put you in a 70-80s power suit, and you'll look bigger than ever... and insecure.
>>
File: 1450312268480.jpg (6 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1450312268480.jpg
6 KB, 240x240
>>37431673
Great observational skills, retard
>>
>>37431719
come on, now you'll tell me that's not you but
>your friend

as if you had any friends!
>>
>>37431737
>being this new

this board sucks so fucking much right now I'm actually considering leaving my house
>>
File: 1391833462549.jpg (208 KB, 500x497) Image search: [Google]
1391833462549.jpg
208 KB, 500x497
>>37431737
>I-I'M ONLY PRETENDING TO BE A RETARD, I S-SWEAR
Your bait is poor, and you're pretending to be a troll, but you're really not. You actually thought that was the person posting who uploaded that picture. Good job newfag
>>
>>37431775
saturday morning is when all the kids hop out of bed to post on /fit/
>>
>>37431808
>You actually thought that was the person posting who uploaded that picture.
You do realize that if you think so, then my job here is done, don't you?
>>
for the same reason skinnyfags look like shit in singlets
suits weren't made for bodybuilders and bodybuilders don't care about looking good in suits
>assuming that everybody must like what you like
>being a 12 year old
>>
File: 1453760016337.jpg (22 KB, 219x219) Image search: [Google]
1453760016337.jpg
22 KB, 219x219
>>37431673
>>37431737
>>
>>37429051

This pic looks good

If there's anything that looks bad, just get a custom tailored suit
>>
>>37429051

The suit needs to be brought in a little in the middle, and maybe shorter jacket in line with today's style trends, but it fits pretty well.

Real answer: the purpose of the men's suit is to HIDE musculature because it was designed in an era where muscular physiques were associated with manual labor and therefore low economic class.
>>
>>37432436
Shoulder pads were not designed to hide muscles. Dumbass.
>>
File: nba suits.jpg (95 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
nba suits.jpg
95 KB, 480x720
>>37429051
Bodybuilders look like shit to everyone who isn't a bodybuilder. Putting them in suits doesn't change this.

These three gentlemen are professional athletes of the highest caliber, and they look good in suits. Why? Because their goal when training is not to defy the proportions a human body can reach without drugs.

That said, Arnold looked okay in a suit.
>>
>>37429051
All manlets look like shit in suits
>>
>>37429366
Explain what will change on your body and that you want them to be able to alter things in the future. That way they dont cut off fabricyoumay want later.
>>
File: 133.jpg (77 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
133.jpg
77 KB, 720x480
Jelly everywhere
>>
>>37429065
>>37429093
>>37429140
>>37432163
>>37432465
Objectively wrong.
>>37432436
Best answer ITT.
>>
Suits were invented and refined over the years to allow the elite class, who used to be the only people who purchased and worse them, to look fit and masculine. However, most of these people were either skinny fat or fatfat. Suits were therefore built to match; it gives an iconic, masculine, uniform look to average looking men. Suits use multiple layers (shirts, vests, jackets) and adornments (lapels, ties, padding, falls, cuts, vents etc) to emphasize and downplay the parts that are lacking or exaggerated.

Fit people don't look great in suits because suits aren't built for them, and never will be. Fit people look better the less clothing they have on, which is the antithesis to the multi-piece suit. Suits ruin the natural proportions that fit people have, because fit men have them and don't need to fake them with a suit.
>>
>>37433075
Mah nigga.
>>
File: latest.gif (25 KB, 462x630) Image search: [Google]
latest.gif
25 KB, 462x630
>>37432683
Damn thats a good Principal Skinner cosplay
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.