[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
At what age did you start lifting? Do you regret not starting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3
File: teen dyel.jpg (24 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
teen dyel.jpg
24 KB, 600x400
At what age did you start lifting? Do you regret not starting earlier? Were you fat or skelly?
>>
24, Skinnyfat.

I actually first started at 16, but stopped 1 year later. I am nearly 30 years old now though, and I've been at it for nearly 6 years straight.

I already made all my mistakes at 16-17 when I first lifted, so I came into the gym at 24 already knowing what NOT to do.
>>
19, eight years ago, definitely wish I had started from child, but I had no way of knowing that then. I started obese and it's a constant struggle to count calories to not get back there again.
>>
16. People thought I was on steroids during my senior year. Fast forward now (19 years) and a lot of those heavy lifts took their toll on my body. I'm kind of fucked up now lmfao.
>>
started at 15,16 i wish i started calisthenic at 11
>>
>>37428417
Don't blame heavy lifting for that, just blame your retarded teenage ego on continuing to add weight to the bar despite having horrible form.
>>
File: 302.jpg (89 KB, 750x670) Image search: [Google]
302.jpg
89 KB, 750x670
started with dumbbells homegym at 16
started going to the gym at 18, a year ago
feels good man
>>
>>37428383
I wish I started at 16. Gyms won't let anyone under 18 in.
>>
>>37428383
Started last year at 23 yo. Became ottermode-tier (Only doing calisthenics at the moment after trainning for some months under a Muay Thai teacher). Better late than ever, I was skinnyfat/fat my whole life and never exercised. Now I pretty much spend time in front of the mirror not getting over the fact that It took me so long to get off my lazy ass and do something.

If I had a time-machine I'd go back in time and kick my sorryass into shape.
>>
>>37428383
19. Yeah. Overweight since I've been sedentary for most of my life during high school, but not obese.
>>
>>37428422
I actually had excellent form. And I do blame heavy weight. Just remember your joints get gradually more fucked everytime you lift heavy. Knees are semi fucked from ass to grass, should've just gone a bit below 90 degrees.
>>
>>37428434
I started at 23yo, am now 24*

I went from 270 pounds to 220 pounds (I'm 6'8" though. 220 pounds isn't fat at all for me).
>>
>>37428441
Maybe lift around the 80% range of your 1 rep max faggot
>>
>>37428417
You basically were, that natty test explosion.

You should be fine with heavy lifts. All the world's top weightlifters started as kids, became Youth (14-17) and Junior (17-20) champions, and are fully functional monstrous adults as Senior champions.

Video related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJG2ImMF7cI
>>
>>37428441

You weren't squatting ATG if your knees hurt.

Ive been lifting since 2004 and I'm in my early 30s and my joints are still the same and I squat 375lbs for sets of 15, ATG at 180lbs bodyweight.
>>
>23
>no, i don't regret things, now is now
>skinnyfat
>>
>>37428383
18, yes, fat
>>
>>37428432
I have noticed younger kids like 16 at gyms nowadays, as part of a school thing. I'm sure they need all sorts of parental permission. I also see the local crossfit has all the kids from the Catholic school nearby workout there. Which is great to see in this day and age of kids doing absolutely nothing (I was one of them not so long ago...)
>>

Yes since I quit all competetive sports by 16 due to extreme weakness.

I was thinfat.
>>
17, was kinda chubby but had decent base. Almost 19 now. Wish I would've eaten healthier as a kid.
>>
>>37428383

near death skelly mode (105 pounds) from abusing drugs

19 im 140

23 struggling to maintain 145 life gets in the way of lifting a few times since 19, get bloods done - low test

24 start TRT, 6 months later at a comfy 165-170. I'll try pushing for more at some point but I'm still working on weak points
>>
18, yes, skelly.
>>
>>37428383
Started doing pull ups and fucking around with dumbbells at home at 23, started properly lifting at 24. I don't regret a thing.
>>
>>37428383
25. I was skinnyfat. I regret not starting at 16.
>>
Skinny fat
Yeah if I started earlier I could have made more of my teenage test
>>
>>37428752
why not 15
>>
> 2013 fat af 172 cm or like 6'7" -6'8" in faggot measuring 100 kg or over 200 lbs
> 2016 built fat 175 - 6'9" and 85 kg
>>
>>37428816
ops mistake
> 5'9"
>>
>>37428432

Yeah, when did they change that? I remember being banned at 15 because I was "too young" and now the place is full of 14 year olds after school.
>>
Startes to lift at 19 but I was in shape even before t because I was gently forced to do sports.

T-thanks mom!

>If you have a child and he/she's not doing some kind of sport than you're an absolutely disgusting, careless parent.
>>
Did some shitty retard lifting at school for rowing training but there was nothing serious and it probably had little benefit.

First started working out with barbells, with a proper routine, at about 20-21, began with Starting Strength type programme but on a controlled diet.

I won't lie I've been on and off with lifting, got really fat last year and worked it off with SS prog plus deficit, but then went in to hospital and couldn't lift for 5 months and put it all back on again.

Now I've been lifting/dieting for 2 months, lost 6kg, and plan to be on this programme for another 5/6 months before going for a mini, controlled bulk.

I will make it this time lads.
>>
>>37428383
>age 16 start lifting @ 62kg skeleton
>rip zeeeze
>age 19 @110kg super fat ass
>rip greg
>age 21 @ 86kg decent physique
>rip von moger????
>>
>>37428383
yes
85kg @ 22% bodyfat - not sure if that is fat.
>>
Was already Auschwitz then got gallstones problems/surgery, lost even more weight, probably around 110lbs. Definitely felt like a wakeup call. Learned about healthy nutrition, forced myself to eat more despite awful digestive system, could barely lift the empty bar the first time I went to a gym.
>>
>>37428383
yes
skelly/skinnyfat
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 332x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 332x480
>Started lifting at 15
>regret not starting earlier
Didn't get good at it until September-ish
pic related
>>
>>37429695
>skinny 15 year old pajeet
just kill yourself already m8
also mods
>>
>>37429722
Not 15 and not indian fucking retard
>>
Started at 14 but had a piturary gland tumour that delayed my puberty until I began medication at 18.

4 years down the drain, but atleast I learned a shit ton about lifting and nutrition, so it wasn't all a waste I guess.
>>
>>37429781
Not him, but you're definitely ethnic. Arab?
>>
>>37429866
Yeah i'm Egyptian but not religious
>>
>>37429872
Anyway, gj man. Even if you are a young baboo posting on a sentinalese gleeking support group.
>>
15, a little overweight, but was fairly fit due to playing field sports.

The thing I'd change wouldn't be when I started lifting - I'd be better off if I'd done gymnastics or judo or something, rather than running around a field after a ball.
>>
>>37429890
Heh thanks man i'm starting to get the feeling nobody's actually lifting on this site
>>
>>37428441
You are wrong, none of the big 4 stress the joints when done correctly
>>
Off and on since I was 12. I kind of wish I'd just waited and did a bunch of calisthenics, because for whatever reason my body was an absolute dildo about developing and I spent a lot of time spinning my wheels. I couldn't bench 1pl8 until I was about 18; I was small and scrawny and my body refuses to change until I was well into my twenties. Could have used that time more wisely.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.