[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is wanting to lose 50 lbs by November asking too much? A bunch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2
File: 004 - xVxFxxc.jpg (103 KB, 790x1299) Image search: [Google]
004 - xVxFxxc.jpg
103 KB, 790x1299
Is wanting to lose 50 lbs by November asking too much?

A bunch of people on lolreddit said weight loss isn't going to be that steady/ill hit pleateaus/itll randomly stop/etc.

I'm counting calories like a hawk so I am well within my deficit range. I also walk 5 miles every day. Once I get some running shoes I'll work my way into running. Along with weight lifting once I get a bench/rack.
>>
why does it need to be by november
>>
Im planning a cut on the first of july to November and hope to lose around 45lbs.
Holy shit its going to be a tough five months.
>>
>>37427214

just a goal I set
>>
>>37427224
if ur gonna suffer a lot why not just push the self made goal back to like january or something
>>
>>37427205
It shouldn't be, you can lose 1 kg/2 lbs a week but i don't think thats healthy especially if you do it longterm unless you are really overweight
I lost about 25 kg in 10 months
>>
>>37427221

I'm doing that so I can bulk from November to whenever and cut.

When doing the bulking cycle (which I've never lifted before). How many pounds is it normal to bulk up before cutting again? I've got basically no muscle on me.
>>
>>37427233

2 lbs a week is the healthiest you can lose..

I'm 5'8, 200-ish lbs.

Everyone on reddit says I WILL stall, plateaus WILL happen, you can't stop them, etc.
>>
>>37427254
You can do it. It won't be fun, but it will be worth it.

Always keep in mind why you're doing it, not how crappy you may feel or how much you don't want to go work out.

I believe in you, champ
>>
Just grab some DNP and go to town. I lost about 60 pounds in 5 months.
>>
>>37427269

I mean its not like I haven't done it before. I was 168 before. Down from where I am now. But things got the the way/I stopped keeping track and I am back here.

To go with that. Someone said if you lose/gain/lose it will become harder for you to lose if it goes that way -.-
>>
>>37427294
Some people say the earth is flat. Stop listening to these people.

Listen to your supporters, listen to your champions, and if there's none around you, listen to yourself.

There's a wee robot on Mars right now. Men put it there. You are capable of doing anything you want, boss.
>>
>>37427205
depends on your weight, a 600lb man can lose 50lbs in the span of a month just by eating at a large deficit

i've lost 41 lbs since february, but i started as a 323 lbs hambeast, i'm now a slightly smaller 280lbs hambeast
>>
>>37427205
It's not impossible, but it's difficult. And by difficult I don't mean "urg just gotta grit my teeth and get through it" kind of "easy-difficult" the way lifting heavy weights is, I mean you're going to have to make a lot of hard choices and do work planning your fitness and nutrition plan out in advance, and more importantly you're going to have to monitor and change it as you progress through the plan, your body will adapt to the deficit and things will slow down the more weight you lose, not to mention you will be lacking more and more energy and becoming more and more exhausted as you continue a months-long cut.
>>
>>37427407

When should I redo the TDEE? Every 5 lbs lost?
>>
>>37427254
Plateaus happen for people who only adjusts TDEE when weight loss stops. Recalc every 2kg and adjust intake and you should be fine.
>>
>>37427446
Checking ur TDEE often enough should prevent you from stalling in ur progress
>>
I've always been a believer in cutting for no more than a month then eating at your tdee for a week before cutting again. It sets small milestones and let's you recalculate your tdee through the cut.
>>
>>37427205
yes.
try for 25-30 by november.
going slower and actually sticking to it is better than aiming high and going on a frustrated binge-eating spree 10 days later.
>>
>>37427473
>every 2kg
literally why
that's a 25-35kcal difference on a cut of 500 (most common) to 1000+ kcal deficit.
>>
>>37427205
It depends on where you're at now.

Running isn't a great way to lose weight, though. I recommend getting a bike. Fun easy way to burn thousands of calories.
>>
>>37427518

Yeah once I save up I plan to get a new bike.

My first goal is a rack/bench though. Should have those by the end of July.
>>
File: 1371200841268.jpg (32 KB, 582x329) Image search: [Google]
1371200841268.jpg
32 KB, 582x329
Is there really a certain amount of weight you should not lose?

As of May 11th I have dropped from 236lbs to 223lbs when i weighed my self a couple of days ago. It really hasn't been that hard, I just haven't been grabbing a snack every time i go to the kitchen or having 1/4th of a box of cereal before bed every night. 6'2"1/2 also
>>
>>37427205
Start with 30 minutes running everday. Eat less than you would normally, drink a lot of water. DO NOT EAT GREENS more than once a week. it will slow your metabolism.
>>
>>37427717
if you're fat, just go for a long, brisk walk instead of stomping around in a slow-jog. Works just as well for getting the pump going.
>>
I had lost 20lbs in 3 months by walking 30 minutes every day paired with shadow boxing or DDP yoga. Ate lots of fiber (ate almonds all day whenever I felt hungry) and lowered my portions.
I fell off due to listening to my penis when some cute girl convinced me I didn't need to eat the way I did. I was dumb bitch didn't want the D and was self conscious because I improving myself and getting some attention but that's another story
>>
>>37427516
Because you can do it and get as smooth a cut as possible, or you can be an idiot and ignore it for absolutely no good reason other than being a contrerian who's too cool to put in work.
>>
I lost 70 in 11 months so you're prolly good.
>>
>>37427867
even a 10% difference is just that - 10%. instead of losing 1lbs a week you'd be losing 0.9.
If you stop losing weight after droppping <10lbs, your initial calculation was wrong and your deficit far too small.
>>
>>37427205
Honestly, steady diverse exercise plus high protein, nearly no carb diet would make it possible. Just be careful that your protein sources are healthy and that you are still eating veg. A good source of dietary vitamin c without fruit is cooked bell pepper.

Good luck, and don't feel bad if you don't meet your expectation. As long as you are healthier in Nov. than you are now, you've made progress.
>>
>>37427900
Look, if you want to half ass it, that's fine. But don't pretend that it won't have a cumulative effect if you ignore the details.

It it were some obscure daily ritual that took half an hour out of someone's day I might understand your reluctance to do it. But it's literally 1 minute of work every one to two weeks.

We're talking a plan that stretches all the way to November. Being 36 calories off (+36 for every one to two weeks from now until then) is going to end up being a whole lot of calories, and therefor fat in the other end.
>>
>>37428384

just an fyi, I'm OP, he's not. I ain't looking to half ass anything but idk what ya'll are talkin about.
>>
>>37429002
Was 100% directed at the whiny babby I was replying to, not you OP.
>>
>>37429027

Yeah, I just know some posts come across as the OPs some times.
>>
>>37427205
Shit yeah thats no problem. I've lost 20 lbs in the lst month.

CICO+Cardio

Use myfitnesspal

Use diet cola as a means of staunching hunger
>>
>>37427214
To eat shit in december
>>
>>37429091

yeah thats what im doing, minus MFP. I'm writting down everything i eat/using a food scale to measure everything.

Which is mentally taxing as fuck/obsessive, but it worked for me before.
>>
>>37427291
DNP, im niggamite, DNP to lose the fight, DNP
>>
>>37427717
>Doing cardio

Is cardio a meme?
>>
Dont drink water, its bad nigga
>>
>>37429517
I bet you're one of those people who think Mozart was black.
>>
>>37427254
>2 lbs a week is the healthiest you can lose..

No, that's the recommended amount for an average person to lose without causing health issues. If you are significantly over or under weight that number changes.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.