[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need advice on bulimia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Jay is disgusted.gif (2 MB, 280x296) Image search: [Google]
Jay is disgusted.gif
2 MB, 280x296
I used to be bulimic years ago. I quit and have been slowly getting fatter since. About 2 months ago i decided to do something about it so i went on a workout plan and diet. Sometimes I cheat on my diet and when I cheat I feel overwhelming guilt and end up purging. this only happens about once every 2 weeks but i am worried it may be damaging my body.

What do you think /fit/? I am confident i would never divulge into being bulimic again. I care too much about my fitness but is an occasional purge ok?
>>
are you getting all of your calories and macros and micros in otherwise?

are you figuring out exactly how long it takes aforementioned actual food to digest before you purge so that you don't accidentally purge what you need?

are you consuming foods with potassium and sodium (in large quantities, not BS like gatorade) immediately after you purge?

apart from all that, the fact that you purge because you feel guilt is a bad sign. you're going to spiral back into a self-destructive cycle. so i'd say no, it's not ok until you learn to let the guilt go and learn how to keep yourself healthy. and i mean regular checkups and blood tests. and you can't let your purges interfere with your personal life. no dodging social events to binge and purge.

think you can do all that?

dunno if you can.

sounds like you feel pretty out of control.
>>
>>37426785
I think i will just quit. I dunno maybe i should see a psychiatrist or something.
>>
>>37426785
I am much more in control than i was years ago. I had a legit problem then.

I think I do need to cut the purging out entirely . This entire post was me just trying to justify it in my brain that i was not hurting my body but the mental damage it causes is probably just as dangerous.

Thanks for the advice
>>
>>37426852

what kind of mental damage?
>>
thats really rough man :( sorry to hear that. i used to be anorexic, so i know where ur coming from. but i would completely cut out purging in its entirety if i were you, its really bad even if its on occasion.
best of luck to you :)
>>
>>37428000

why is it really bad even if it's truly just on occasion?

did your psychiatrist tell you that? you know, before selling you your mind-control pills?
>>
>>37428391
>>>37428000
>why is it really bad even if it's truly just on occasion?
This.

I purge two times a week and have been doing so for years, since I was a teen. I am anorexic and if it's not hurting me or others around me I have no intention to stop.

As long as you keep your asophagus and teeth in check, you're a ok.
>>
>>37428901
Um, sorry senpai, if you're anorexic then you don't get to claim that purging is OK, to any degree.

Maybe if you were otherwise healthy--mind and body--and purging was your only vice... kinda like booze right, obv drinking isn't healthy but it ain't gonna do you in if you're smart about it and have all your other shit together. And practice it--or whatever your vice may be--in moderation.

Basically, you get your regular checkups and bloodwork and you've got a 95% clean bill of health.
>>
>>37426812
Should have done that when you realized you had a problem. With severe eating disorders, there is usually bigger problems at work
>>
I have the same problem. I assume you know very well the physical consequences of (self-induced) vomiting. It ís harmful to your body.
Allowing the ocassional purging to take place might soon spiral out of control and before you know it its happening again multiple times a day with you putting it off with ''I'll stop it eventually''.
You had better stop purging completely. And don't put ''not cheating on diet'' as a requirement for ''not purging''.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.