[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what's the most effective way to hydrate yourself in this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: 1432223549810.png (2 MB, 1920x1440) Image search: [Google]
1432223549810.png
2 MB, 1920x1440
what's the most effective way to hydrate yourself in this ridiculously hot sweat-inducing weather? i feel like i should be taking some electrolyte supplement or something instead of just drinking a lot of plain water?
>>
>>37424921
Drink more water
>>
>>37424921
Live in texas
>>
Drink alkaline water!
>>
>>37424921
>the 21st century generation
>>
>>37424921
coconut water
>>
>>37424997
>no u
just forcefeeding yourself water can't be the optimal way to hydrate, it feels unnatural and horrible and i just piss it out and get severely dehydrated after a night's sleep
>>
Walk around with a saline drip.
>>
>>37424921
have you never experienced summer before?
>>
>>37425024
yes and i fucking hate it
>>
>>37425012
>drinking water is unnatural

Nigger what? Do you even biology? Your cells need water to transport food and waste around
>>
>>37425034
They also need it to grow.
No water = No gains
>>
File: mount stupid.jpg (23 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
mount stupid.jpg
23 KB, 600x338
>>37425034
dude electrolytes n shit
>>
>>37424921
As shekeling as this sounds
smart water or any electrolyte/mineral fortified water.
>>
Injecting water, babe.
>>
>>37425046
yeah i mean the natural instinct is to drink something besides plain tap water like juice or soda or something, probably need electrolytes and minerals or something
>>
>>37425044
you get plenty of essential electrolytes and other micronutrients from food you fucking retard. As long as you're eating as well as drinking water you will never have to worry about that.
>>
>>37424921
there are lots of water+electrolytes drinks on the market

pick one
>>
>>37425066
i can't eat like a goddamn pig i want to lower my food intake too
>>
>>37425075
you mean like powerade/gatorade? even if they have sugar-free versions they seem memey and like they wouldn't be the most cost-efficient
>>
I drink 6L per day. I get those giant 5 gallon jugs for my water cooler at home delivered every month.
>>
>>37425082
Water is the best way to hydrate. If you are doing difficult cardio work like a long bike ride, rowing, or hiking then Gatorade is good. The sugar gives you energy to keep going and replaces some electrolytes. If you're just sitting around at home and drinking Gatorade then you're an idiot
>>
108 tomorrow where I live. Wew lad gonna hit the gym en la manana, tan outside with a mojito, then play video games.
>>
like now i drank several glasses of water and i'm feeling "dry" in my mouth and overall like i'm drained of energy
>>
http://www.oraliv.com
This you retards
>>
>>37425162
>expensive garbage peddaled to middle aged people going through a midlife crisis

Yea, no thanks
>>
>>37425194
Idk dude if no one is falling for the Gatorade meme and/or coconut water meme it's a pretty good alternative for really serious workouts, I make my own stuff at home that I've always liked though
>>
Pedialyte. It also comes in popsicle form.
>>
>>37424921
IV drip
>>
i found a vitamin C supplement laying around and it seems to have helped tremendously, it has alkalizing stuff besides the vitamin C so maybe it's not just placebo
>>
>>37425194
>>37425217
Not to mention you should keep one in a med kit
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.