[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
pl8s
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: lead.jpg (30 KB, 347x400) Image search: [Google]
lead.jpg
30 KB, 347x400
Hey /fit/

Would it be possible to make your own weight plates from lead if you happen to have a lot lying around? Have any of you tried anything similar, or should I just stop being a cheap fuck and buy some proper plates?
>>
>lead
>>
>>37423995
yeah but you'd need a forge, then you could melt it down and shape it into plates.

They'd be crude but you could chip at it until all the plates are the right weight
>>
>current year
>not smelting lead to build pl8s
>SHIGGY DIGGY
>>
>>37423995
Enjoy your lead poisoning. Serious pham you gonna get real fucked up
>>
>>37424027
Lead melts at around 320° Celsius so that part is pretty easy. My only worry would be that lead is also quite soft and might lose its original shape quite quickly.
>>
>>37424078
Maybe you'd be better off selling it and buying some proper equipment
>>
>>37424109
what he said.
>>
Making plates out of lead is somehwat easy, lead is quite malleable at low temps.
The problem here is you risk lead poisoning if don't properly insulate them afterwards, and also that getting them to fit a bar properly requires you to consider the shape of the disc after it cools down and after applying the insulation.
Also, aspiring lead vapors, good luck with that.
>>
>>37424020
Was gonna say exactly this
>>
>>37423995
My church just had the lead stolen off of it's roof you thieving piece of shit.
>>
Start making your own bullets for .357/.38 and handload your cartridges. If you have enough to think about weight plates you could shoot all year with that haul.
>>
File: 1456612173817.jpg (149 KB, 356x359) Image search: [Google]
1456612173817.jpg
149 KB, 356x359
Who the fuck has that much "lead" laying around that they can replace real weights? Do you live in a mine?
>>
>>37425131
Serves you for being an idiot.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.