[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New to this shit, need help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: DSC_0023[1].jpg (891 KB, 1450x2568) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0023[1].jpg
891 KB, 1450x2568
First off yeah, I read the sticky.

I'm a skinnyfat guy. There's not a lot of fat there but it's gone to my stomach, slight love handles and thighs.

I've been going to the gym around 3 months now. My routine consists of jogging for 12 mins or so, walking 5 mins, jogging as long as I can after that. I get my breath back and head to the room in my gym that has all the muscle training machines. I use every single one that trains legs and arms. I lift as high as I can manage between 8-12 reps on.

My meals consist of oatmeal for breakfast, two brown bread sandwiches with roast pork in them, apples, grapes and sometimes crisps (I know they're bad to have but the ones I have are low fat and the best of the worst, I'm still getting used to eating better). Dinner is either: chicken, potatoes, broccoli and carrots
pork chop, potatoes, broccoli and kale
mincemeat, carrots, pasta
sausage casserole with brown bread
on saturdays pork chop, chips and baked beans

I have no clue if I should bulk or cut. I have no clue if the exercises I'm doing are suitable for me or even worth doing. I've gained muscle I've never had on my biceps and I look better than I used to but I don't want to waste my time.

Should I be eating more or less? In either case, is what I'm eating ok or am I wasting my time? Keep in mind I am allergic to eggs and nuts so I can't eat these.

People go on and on about free weights but I'm only a beginner and I'm comfortable with the machines, and have seen some results from them. I'm really afraid to go into the free weight area because I have no idea how much to lift etc.

What should I do?

Pic related, my terrible body
>>
Hi summer. You are skinny as fuck, and should be bulking and lifting as hard as you can. Look at beginner routines like starting strength.

There. There's the advice you need.
>>
>>37423418
I was looking for more specific advice tailored to what I'm doing wrong at the moment. Do you really think bulking is a good idea when I'm carrying fat around my sides, stomach and thighs? Is what I'm eating ok?
>>
>>37423390
hello summerfag, enjoy your stay.

What you need to do is do compound lifts. Put a lot of time in research, study what different muscles do, study correct form etc. You need to understand this shit or you will go directly to snapcity instead of gainsvile.

If you are afraid of other people judging you (newsflash, they won't judge you if you have good form-aka you put some time in research), go very early in the morning or very late in the evening (like 11pm - it will probably be almost empty).
>>
>>37423506
What about eating? Bearing in mind that I can't eat egg whites and nut products due to my allergies
>>
>>37423535

Here is what I did, i used to look pretty much like you.

>june 2015: a bit more than 70kg of pure fat (177cm)
>started running in july, ran a lot, outside, not a treadmill. Also didn't eat much. Cut down to 59kg, skeleton mode but also pretty much 0 fat by november.

after that i started lifting, but i would advise you to lift even during this cutting phase if you decide to go down that road.
>>
>>37423535

Read the cunting sticky
>>
>>37423596
That sounds good to me. I've been following a couch to 5k program so far and I'm getting better at jogging longer distances. I'm still horribly out of shape from years of neglect though. Thanks for the advice

You might not believe it but I'm 21 years old, just have a pathetic body
>>
>>37423390
>what should i do?
Learn how to lift and use the fucking free weight area.
>>
>>37423535
Whole milk
Whey protein
Cottage cheese
Greek yogurt
Chicken
Legumes and lentils, all sorts
Tuna, Talapia, Cod, Salmon. All fish are your friends
Steak.
Ground beef/turkey/pork

Eat 2500-3000 calories a day, and keep your protein high in your daily macro mix. It's not hard. Use common sense.
>>
>>37423535
about what to eat.
Aim to get 120g of proteins, that should be enough.
Eat unprocessed food. Avoid fast food, DRINK WATER ONLY.

Most of my calories are eggs, peanut butter, chicken, potatoes, rice and bread, also can of tuna like 2x per week, greek yoghurt is really good and whey. This is pretty much all I eat. Also pork meat like once per week.

So you are really unlucky that you are alergic to eggs and nuts.
>>
Cheers for the advice, I really appreciate it.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.