[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any other diabetics on /fit/? I see it mentioned from time to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: o-DIABETES-facebook.jpg (194 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
o-DIABETES-facebook.jpg
194 KB, 2000x1000
Any other diabetics on /fit/? I see it mentioned from time to time but never seen any threads on it.

What do you do to stop hypo's while working out?
Do you have any special dietary provisions?
General diabetus thread etc
>>
What are the signs of diabetes?
>>
Make sure your sugar is around the ~200 mark then you're good to go.
Also take a few chocolate bars or whatever with you in case you do get a hypo
>>
>>37422233

Check your blood sugar prior to a meal and about 1 hour after.
>>
Ketosis is the answer to diabetes.
>>
>>37422223
Type one diabetic for 16 years.

I've never gone hypo while lifting and I have intense workouts. I'm not sure why. I have to eat a very low carb diet to cut but otherwise, nope. I just take the appropriate insulin.

It can make gaining muscle a son of a bitch, though. Especially with low test. :(
>>
>>37422233
Type 1 symptoms:

>feeling very thirsty
>urinating more frequently than usual, particularly at night
>feeling very tired
>weight loss and loss of muscle bulk
>itchiness around the genital area, or regular bouts of thrush (a yeast infection)
>blurred vision caused by the lens of your eye changing shape
>slow healing of cuts and grazes

Like the other dude said, buy a blood test kit (<£10 on amazon/ebay) and make sure you're in a normal range after eating carbs
>>
>>37422271
OP & Type 1 for coming up 15 years now. Insulin is anabolic and helps with muscle gain, so your problems are probably related more to low test like you're saying.

I always go low when working out though, I need to chug sugar water in the gym and it sucks
>>
>>37422279
Cheers. And thanks to the other guy (can't reply to him because this shitty app won't let me)

It's just I seem to be getting low blood sugars (at least it matches the symptoms) when I'm working out, and I feel fatigued the next day (don't get morning wood either when I get the fatigue). Trying to work out what it could be. My test levels are fine in case anyone's wondering.
>>
>>37422340
Could just be diet. If it's onset diabetes you usually notice hyper (high) symptoms rather than hypo (low) symptoms first, but it's situational I guess

Without other info I'd guess you're probably just working out too hard
>>
>>37422256

Ketosis will just kill you quicker
>>
>>37422256
This. The NHS recommends 60% of your diet be made up of carbs, and I'm sure the american dietary recommendations are equally retarded.

For diabetes (and any diet for that matter) complex carbs are fine in low numbers, but in the west the processed food industry has a foundation of cheap sugar. Recommending high carb diets in this environment is just retarded.

My bloodsugars have never been better on low carb and it makes complete sense why.
>>
Diabetic for 10 years, lifting for 3. I never get low during workouts anymore i just make sure to check before hand an eat enough carbs to put me at 200 to 250 and then 30 minutes after that I will always be 80-150

Being diabetic isn't that bad tho
>those insulin gains
>girls are always sympathetic
>easy goto excuse to reject bad food
>Diabetes master race
>>
>>37423410
>easy goto excuse to reject bad food

this. also injecting yourself and having an intra workout shake for the best pumps
>>
File: progres.png (3 MB, 3032x1196) Image search: [Google]
progres.png
3 MB, 3032x1196
Diabetic here. Use pens, humalog. I would reccomend asking for tresiba from your doctor, it's a long-term insulin that covers 72 hours instead of the usual 24 or 12, so your blood sugar will be a lot more stable. My last 4 Hba1cs have been 34,36,34,37 IFCC.
I eat a regular diet, most of my meals are mostly carbs since im a student and it's cheap.

Breakfast is usually 1 cup of oats made with 1 cup of milk and 1 cup of water that i mix with 2 eggs and a scoop of protein powder. (which i take 18iE of humalog with)
Lunch is usually chicken with sweet potato (ake around 8 IE of humalog)
Dinner is pretty much the same as lunch.
I also have a few snacks during the day since i hate being hungry(egg or peanutbutter sandwiches are a favorite).

I've never had a problem with working out, i just keep a packet of sugarcubes in my gymbag and test before i start. Working out has no effect on my bloodsugars, so unless im low before i even begin there has never been a problem.

The firs pics were a few months before i got diagnosed. I actually have the highest recorded ketoacidosis levels in my country at the time of my diagnosis. Took me roughly 2 years to get to my current weight (90kg)
>>
Put a tube of glucose tablets in your pockets faggots
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.