[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm doing intermittent fasting and ketosis at the same
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 01_03010506_902a4c_2547815a.jpg (126 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
01_03010506_902a4c_2547815a.jpg
126 KB, 1500x1500
So I'm doing intermittent fasting and ketosis at the same time, and I'm curious about stuff like pic related. Zero calorie/zero sugar/zero carb drinks or maybe foods, during the fasting period. I suppose it's two questions really:
>Will diet soft drinks fuck up the fasting period of intermittent fasting?
And
>Will diet soft drinks fuck up ketosis?
>>
Why would it?
>>
>>37421767
It won't affect ketosis.
Aspartame is one of the sugar substitutes that gets metabolized, but i doubt it would affect your fasting since the energy/calories are negligible.
Phenylalanine has been linked to some mild hunger suppression, so it might help you a bit with fasting.

Just don't go crazy with diet coke and you'll be fine.
>>
File: fit-drink.jpg (449 KB, 936x1285) Image search: [Google]
fit-drink.jpg
449 KB, 936x1285
>Will diet soft drinks fuck up the fasting period of intermittent fasting?
No, what would even make you ask that question?

>Will diet soft drinks fuck up ketosis?
No, what would even make you ask that question?

There's zero calories, stop being retarded.

Phosphoric acid is literally the only thing that "might" even affect metabolism and it's also completely zero calories.
>>
>>37421829
I just wanted to be careful. I'm already 2 weeks into it so it'd be a shame to throw that away.

>>37421846
So I'm safe to drink a couple of cans during my fast?
>>
>>37421891
Goddamn that makes things much easier then. Thanks friend.
>>
>>37421893
>So I'm safe to drink a couple of cans during my fast?

Listen to your body, as cringe as it sounds.
I know people that claim to get headaches if they drink like 2-3 cans a day, but personally i've never noticed any adverse effects.
If your only health focus is weight loss, zero calorie drinks won't affect it negatively.
From a more "macro" health perspective, it's still kinda vague whether artificial sweeteners are bad or not for you.
>>
>>37421767
diet soda has no effect on ketosis.
>>
>>37421767
drink coke zero just to be safe. but really you should ween yourself off of soft drinks. empty calories dude, why not just drink some refreshing water
>>
>>37423164
This, I was addicted to coca cola, drank a liter a day, until one day I realized it was shit and from then on I didn't even stop gradually, I straight up never drank anything other than water and milk since then (except for 1 shot of vodka on a roast we do every year with my tovarisches)
How hard can it fucking be?
>>
>>37423705
>drinking milk for any reason
>>
>>37423164
Nah it's cool I snapped out of the soft drink meme ages ago. Just curious about diet drinks as a way to satisfy temptation during those fasting periods, because as far as I'm aware there's no food with no calories/sugar/carbs, let alone one which is as simple as a can of whatever.
>>
>>37421893
So I'm safe to drink a couple of cans during my fast?
NO, I've read different facts on sites about drinking diet sodas during ketosis. But my conclusion after everything is basically that you should watch out because if you consume too much articifial sweeteners during keto your body can get out of keto. On the official Atkinssite they recommend for instance to limit your diet soda intake to 1 can a day.

If you really have a craving you can drink one can a day but I wouldn't risk more
>>
>>37423956
Ah alright well 1 can a day is better than none if I really get the urge. Cheers for the heads up
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.