[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does endomorphs have shitty abs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 550x535) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 550x535
Hey fit I was checking body types online and I saw thia picture, why the endomorph body shows shitty abs? Is that what I can expect if I get ripped having an endomorph body type?
>>
>>37421391
No, that image is just a meme
>>
>>37421402
Is it really though?
>>
That chart seems to be just a general overview, obviously it will very from person to person, if you get to low body fat your abs wont be shitty, but most endos abs aren't super visible due to having higher fat retention
>>
>>37421445
It really is
>>
If you want abs, you have to diet. No ammount of this body-type trash will make it easier or harder.
>>
>tfw endomorph
Its a curse lads
>>
>>37421391
>Is that what I can expect if I get ripped having an endomorph body type?
implying you will ever get ripped
>>
>>37421445

Yes, somatotypes have been discredited for 20-30 years. Jesus.
>>
>Somatotypes
HOLY SHIT,BRAH THIS IS SOOOOOOO 2010
>>
>>37421551
>>37421696
Horseshit.

>Bone structure and frame are different from person to person
>So is the level of metabolism.

But desu, its a little bit more complex than those 3 bodytypes.
>>
>>37422201

>Bone structure and frame are different from person to person.

Not as much as you might think. Generalized bone mass, a la your frame, have a higher correlation with height, adiposity, and consequentially lean mass than anything else. Correct for those factors, and people will be the same (outside of rare and major endocrine imbalances).

Exercise for instance will increase bone mass because compression and stress on bones will activate osteoblasts to put down extra layers of bone matrix. On the reverse, being bedridden or even in 0 gravity environments will cause the elimination of calcified bone with osteoclasts.

>So is the level of metabolism.

Same thing... metabolic rates are generally stable based on lean mass, adipose tissue, and support. If the input are the same, then the metabolism will be within a fairly narrow range.

You have the direction of causality reversed. It is generally the choices and activities of people (of course there is some limited natural variation) that give the perception of somatotypes. However, there is precisely zero evidence that somatoypes themselves exist, and are a reason that someone can't grow (I'm ectomorph!), or are fat (I'm mesomorphic!).

This is also why there has been no research whatsoever in somatotypes in the past 20+ years. It has been considered a fruitless and dead line in biology and physiology for ages, however, the public still hasn't caught up.
>>
>>37422373
>Not as much as you might think
There is definitely an upper limit to the amount of mass someone can carry on their frame, and it isn't just to do with height. I posted this in an earlier thread today, but look at the difference in how Zydrunas Savickas carries 400lb versus Eddie Hall. Similar height and body composition but Savickas looks healthy, while Hall simply doesn't have the frame to support the mass. He can't keep it up.
>>
not eating enough to add mass - eating enough to add mass and knowing how to cut - eating enough to add mass and not knowing how to cut

all the physical characteristics listed in the OP image is directly related to those three habits
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.