[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dropping weight fast
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Snapchat-7911848506781671774.jpg (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-7911848506781671774.jpg
1 MB, 1440x2560
Is it possible to drop 40 lbs in 4 months?

Pic related, it's my neckbeard bodi
>>
>>37419224
Yes. Download myfitnesspal, track your cals, eat less than 2000 per day, run a mile 3 or 4 times a week. You can lose 40 pounds by the end of July if you do that.
>>
>>37419256
Thanks friend
>>
>>37419279
Honestly, read the sticky. It's got al the info you need. But yeah, calorie tracking and cardio is your best bet. It's honestly not even hard. Just don't be a pussy. Wake up every morning and refocus on your goal. You'll be there before you know it.
>>
>>37419224
Honestly, with your bf% it should be possible listen to >>37419256 and >>37419297 and do your cardio as well as lifting. Cal intake is easier to control with IF but don't expect magic
>>
>>37419297
>>37419416
Thanks for the advice guys, I've got another question

With my body how it is now, should I worry about loose skin? I'm 19 and been a chub Fedora neckbeard my whole life
>>
>>37419224
yes.
I went from 240 lbs to 195 lbs. Started february 1st.
Download myfitnesspal , track everything you eat. Everything. You will need a good kitchen scale.
How many calories? Go here http://www.sailrabbit.com/bmr/ and compile the form.
It worked for me
>>
File: IMAG0090.jpg (3 MB, 3024x5376) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0090.jpg
3 MB, 3024x5376
>>37419470
I went from 250 to about 180 and had minimal loose skin

>pic related , me at about 190 lost most of the weight in the first 6 months
>>
>>37419586
Am I going to make it
>>
>>37419507
How miserable were u during the time u lost all that weight?
>>
>>37419224
Yes I'm on track to just that.
April 01: 189lb
May 01: 180lb
June 01: 168lb

I use cron-o-meter app for estimation of calories from food sources, and aim for 1250 cal deficit per day (which leads to about 2.5 lb loss per week) I bought a mountain bike back in early spring, and bike 2-3 hours every other day, and do weight lifting on other days. That helps . Lot with keeping average calorie defecit down.

I still endulge in snacks and sweets, but I account for them, i.e. I ate a cadbury milk chocolate bar earlier today. That'll be 10 minutes of sprinting tonight before weight lifitng.

I substituted half my food for brocoli. Brocoli instead of potatoes, instead of rice, instead of bread. And buy and bake lots of fish and chicken for prot.
>>
>>37419597
yes
>>
Dude if you are still eating bullshit sweets and justifying it by saying that's alright I'll do a few setups later you aren't going to make it, you're nowhere near your goal and already cheating... And you think you have the discipline to drop 40lbs in 4 months??? Good luck fatty...
>>
>>37419799
^is not me, it's someone else anon, take it easy
>>37419906
>>
>>37419224
I'm seven weeks into my first cut ever. Previously a lazy skinny fat, now lifting 4-5 days a week with 30 mins cardio everyday. Weighed in at 195 my first day in mid April. Currently at 170 and still steadily losing. 5ft11 at 27 years old btw.
>>
>>37420010
also forgot to mention I take yohimbine everyday.
>>
Yeah, but YMMV. You can probably drop it even faster but it depends on your level of resolve and how willing you are to feel like shit.

Most safe bets is leaning down what you eat and tracking macros and micros. Don't take calories as a hard number because of variances in exercise, metabolism, and quality of food consumption/timing, but keeping it below a number will definitely help you control appetite. For me the best way was to ketogenic because I wasn't lifting that much at the time (started bicycling and roughly @ 30% bf) and it controlled my appetite really well without getting too tired at any point of the day (blood glucose is obviously more level if you take in none). However, if you incorporate HIIT or more demanding lifts you'll need some carbs.

Recently I tried PSMF and got extremely good results, because it followed a plateau period. Not sure about bf% but I dropped about 20lbs including water retained in 3 weeks. Felt like absolute shit but only my bench dropped (after recovering from the diet ofc).
>>
>>37419613
miserable? On the opposite, never felt better in my life. Losing weight it's a lifestyle change.
Also quitted smoking all together.
Now i slowed down the process tho.
Actually i did't meant to lose all that weight in a few month, simply i understimated my metabolism and my tdee. Took me 3 months to figure out what my tdee was, i though i was sedentay (factor 1.2) turns out i'm way more active and my factor is around 1.45 even if i don't lift and don't do cardio in a gym. Simply work, walk a lot with my dog, study at university, etc.
>>
You look a lot like I did a couple months back before I started seriously losing the weight and exercising regularly. Now that I have a routine it all seems so easy, I'm kicking myself for not doing it sooner. As for what I did to lose it, simply restricting the amount of calories I ate to something in the range of 1400 was what worked for me in the end.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.