[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Skinny to muscle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: 1461472985596.jpg (3 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
1461472985596.jpg
3 MB, 2560x1440
so /fit/, how does a skinny like me gain muscle without ruining metabolism?
>>
>>37417354
eat food
>>
>>37417354
How does gaining muscle correlate to ruining your metabolism? Do you even know what the definition of metabolism is?
>>
>>37417354
eat some good old lamb rogan josh
>>
>>37417374
>>37417386
I already eat a lot of meat but it seems to just pass through me and nothing happens, could be I have shit genetics so I can't gain much
>>
Stop feeling the need to have a <34" waist.
>>
>>37417408
Eat 5000 calories a day and don't do cardio. If after 1 month you weigh the same, report to Nasa because you broke thermodynamics.
>>
>>37417354

1. Read the sticky
2. Do SS + GOMAD
3. GOTTA EAT BIG TO GET BIG CMON
>>
>>37417442
>don't do cardio

Do this if you want to have shit cardiovascular health.
>>
>>37417409
Nigga, I'm 5'11, 205lb and I have a 31 inch waist. You're just fucking fat.
>>
>>37417461
It's just to make sure he doesn't burn 5k calories a day. Maybe he swims for 8h a day idk
>>
>>37417461
>>37417477
I don't really work out much, although I do plank and do push ups most days but that's all really
>>
>>37417354
eating does not equate to bad metabolism
by lifting and doing cardio you increase your daily calorie minimum intake.
Called TDEE
If you are currently eating 2k calories, you'll soon be needing 2.1, 2.2, etc just to maintain.
Your metabolism has actually increased slightly.
You'll go through bulk cycles where you'll more than what you need. You'll gain a little weight also. Next spring you'll begin your cut, where you go back down to or below your minimum calorie needs. You'll maintain some mass, you repeat this cycle until x goal is achieved.

metabolism being "ruined" means your body is going through binge cycles where you are not eating near equal amounts on a daily basis.
being a skinny-fat means you already do this. You have no structure in your diet.
>>
>>37417530
I'm not a skinny fat, just really skinny, thanks for the info though
>>
>>37417511
>he fell for the bodyweight workouts meme
>>
>>37417408

>I eat a lot of meat
>maybe he eats 500g of chicken breast a day
>500 calories out of ~2500 he needs
>body doesn't have enough material to make muscle
>wow guys my metabolism is incredible I can't gain weight LOL!

Read the sticky before you kill yourself
>>
File: fierymeal.jpg (184 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
fierymeal.jpg
184 KB, 800x800
>>37417442
>weigh 150
>eat at least 1.5-2 lbs of meat a day with veggies
>moderate exercise/lifting
>1 month later 148lbs, little bit more defined

maybe i have tapeworm
>>
>>37418345

Do you eat anything other than that? What kind of meat?
>>
>>37417354

>gain muscle without ruining metabolism

What the fuck are you going on about? Muscle mass is actually going to increase your metabolism a bit
>>
>>37418345
>eating a certain amount
>didn't gain weight
Eat even more then
Saying that you have lost fat and gained muscle simultaneously. But still eat more otherwise you'll be one of those guys who is pretty week and looks unimpressive despite lifting for years
>>
>>37418365
ground beef or chicken breast

I've been 150 for couple years now.... like 5

homeostasis brah
>>
I'm a recovering skelly, and I can say that anyone who says that they can't gain weight does not eat enough.

Start counting calories and see for yourself.
>>
>>37417354
GOTTA EAT BIG TO GET BIG
>>
>>37417551
Bodyweight workout are fine. The only one who fell for a meme was you
>>
>>37417461
Prolonged,isolated cardio's a meme. Proper resistance training both builds strength and increases cardiovascular health
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.