[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fasted cardio meme
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: lookin big pepe.png (112 KB, 511x671) Image search: [Google]
lookin big pepe.png
112 KB, 511x671
>be me
>busy dude, not much time in day
>beach vacation coming up
>fasted cardio and IF to finish up the summer cut
>anxious about losing gains

redpill me on the fasted cardio meme

try to keep the broscience to a minimum boys.
>>
Calories burned will be same fasted/not fasted but very low carb + fasted cardio ( depleted) + caffeine will help u loose stubborn fat
>>
>be me
Oh, I was worried you were someone else for a second there, glad you clarified
>>
>>37417728

Sup reddit
>>
>>37416992
fasted cardio is only necessary for very low bf% ppl

i doubt your skinnyfat ass needs it
>>
File: image.jpg (184 KB, 600x324) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
184 KB, 600x324
>>37417728
>>
>>37417022
>keep the broscience to a minimum
>stubborn fat

okay :^)
>>
>>37417728
Fuck off
>>
>>37416992
By being in a fasted state and performing aerobic exercise will burn more fat because the body will convert stored fuel, fat, into energy. If you do anaerobic exercise however, you will start to break down muscle as your energy source. That's where the cardio kills gains myth came from.
>>
>>37417740

intermittent fasting is pretty based man
>>
OP here...

The first answer was serious and helpful, but for a moment I was worried that this wasn't actually 4chan! Thankfully you insecure faggots proved me wrong with all the shitposting. I'm surprised nobody has brought up the jews yet

in4b, fasted cardio was invented by the jews to steal our aryan gains
>>
>>37417770
"stubborn fat" is a thing though (albeit being a stupid term), it refers to fat cells whose adrenergic receptors are in their majority β, the kind of receptors that inhibit cAMP production, which is the molecule that gives the signal for fat catabolism

>>37417808
there is a limit to how much fat cardio can burn. at an optimal heart-rate (which varies individually, but is mostly in the 140-160bpm range) only 50% of the energy while running will come from fat. so for fat or even skinnyfat people, minimizing blood insulin levels doesn't really matter. i'm not saying run on a full stomach, but if you do your cardio post-workout and assuming you ate some simple carbs like 1-1.5h pre-workout, you'll be fasted enough by the time you start the cardio.

>>37417817
i read a study that shows optimal muscle growth occurs when your protein intake is divided in 4 equal meals. i don't do that personally, but it makes sense since the body is recovering for 3 days straight and not just a few hours post work-out.

>>37417833
i answered seriously, unless you're 10% trying to hit 8% or some shit you don't have to be fasted before cardio
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.