[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Excess skin and more getting fit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 8
File: excess skin.jpg (38 KB, 306x423) Image search: [Google]
excess skin.jpg
38 KB, 306x423
Hey /fit/,

25 year old male here. I'm doing good, just looking for some guidance. I've lost about 25kg (55 pounds) in the past 12 months by cutting soda and a lot of bad food out of my diet and riding my bike a lot. Now I weigh 85kg (187 pounds) and I'm 1.82m (6 feet) tall.

Recently I've also started lifting dumbells and I'm up to 5.5kg (12 pounds). I'm also thinking about swimming more regularly because I spent half my youth in the water and I loved it. Basically I'm doing better every day but I'm not happy about my skin right now. (similar to the guy in the picture) Will I start losing more skin if I keep losing weight?

Any other advice on how to further my training would also be appreciated.
>>
Skin is forever anon, your options are to fill it up with muscle (if it's not much skin) or get surgery.
>>
>>37415623

Lost too much too fast, didnt fill with muscles.

That much loose skin will take some time to tighten up
>>
>>37415623
Generally, if you lose the fat quickly, your skin has less time to unstretch itself.

Unfortunately, as far as loose skin goes, there's not really a whole lot you can do to get rid of it, skin is skin. It will rebound a little bit since you're relatively young and have a lot of collagen, but you'll probably have that flabby skin forever. The best thing you can do is try to build some muscle to help fill it back out.

You can get surgery for it, but it's painful, can cause infection, expensive (usually not covered by insurance if you're from Burgerland) and from what I've heard it's not really worth it.
>>
>>37415623
you probably fucked up...should've lifted from the beginning. your skin is irreparably damaged unfortunately. Just try to build up a shitload of muscles....
>>
>>37415642
>>37415652
>>37415674
What I'm having difficulty believing is that I could die from malnutrition before losing any skin, I've seen anorexic people that look like fucking skeletons, they have tight skin.
>>
>>37415623
I lost 25/30 kg in the last 4 months and I don't look like a 70 years old man scrotum
>>
>>37415790
So what do you do and eat?
>>
>>37415740
That's because their skin wasn't stretched out by excess fat.

Here's a good indicator. If you have stretch marks, then that means your skin is irreparably damaged.
>>
>>37415895
Damn, thanks anyway. I'm going to see how I'm doing in a year and if I'm not getting anywhere I might consider the surgery...
>>
>>37415839
At first just eating way less. That way I lost like 10 kg. After that I started with the cardio, once a day, and it was a pain in the ass but really works. Now I'm also lifting, just a begginers rutine, and I keep losing like 1 kg per week. Right now I'm at 104, hope to keep that progression at least until 99.
>>
>>37415648
retarded broscience like this is why you should never take advice from /fit/. Skin isn't fucking magical, yes it has elasticity but loses it if it is stretched too far (ever heard of stretch marks?).
>>
>>37415790
this

ive lost 25 kilos in a year before (first year of uni where they fed me and i couldnt afford my own food) and i didnt have a single bit of loose skin like that

you sure you didnt lose it quicker op?
>>
File: progress.png (4 MB, 2144x1918) Image search: [Google]
progress.png
4 MB, 2144x1918
I lost 25kg in 4 months (pic is me) and its clear i have excess skin but i still have 10-15kg of fat still so i havn't gone full droopy mode yet.

apparently it can take up to 2 years for the skin to tighten. Im gonna start lifting soon and see if muscles can fill me out a bit but unless I can put on 25kg of muscle mass I dont think my body will ever look good.
>>
>>37416877
it's because based on that picture you had basically no stretch marks
>>
>whole stomach is covered in stretch marks
>weight 310lbs
>weight is all on thighs, upper arms, and stomach
>know if I ever lost weight I'd look like a disgusting human x flying squirrel

what's the point ?
>>
>>37415623
Excess skin is so awful. Imagine being some fat shit kid who didn't know any better because you had terrible parents who fed you junk every single day of your life.

When you leave and finally get control of your life, even if you lose it, your body is still permanently deformed and disgusting because of a terrible upbringing. Even after surgery they look terrible.
>>
>>37416885
Look at my nipples, i had a stretch rings in a star formation all around my tits, stretch marks along my spare time, stretch marks on both biceps, my thighs and on the sides of my hips. I've been putting palmers coconut butter on my skin every day after a shower for the last 4 months, not sure if that has helped my skin tighten a bit because I only spot apply it to my stretch mark areas, but I have a feeling when I drop the last 18~kg of fat i'll look like even more of a retarded piece of shit then i do now.
>>
>>37416894
Being healthy and not looking disgusting or embarrassing to be around out in public.
>>
>>37416915
what's the point of any of that if I still look disgusting unless I'm wearing a long sleeve shirt and pants ?
>>
>>37416877
From the looks of it any loose skin you will have won't be that noticeable i think. Don't worry too much. Really bad loose skin is when people are hitting 260+lb.
>>
>>37416877
You are the only person I look forward to seeing updates to.

I called you a potential Chad face if you remember me.
>>
>>37416894
You can hope to one of those lucky people who don't have much loose skin and it tightens up well for them.

Some people who are massive don't have much loose skin at all, then are people who are 50lb lighter than them who get it really bad. Dice roll desu lad
>>
>>37416921
look you fat cunt we're not going to convince you to lose weight,
look at this >>37416877 I still look like a fat piece of shit but my life is 200 times better now, i dont get exhausted walking up a hill, i dont get sweaty inside my clothes by walking to the bus stop, i get praise and recognition from everyone, you have to do it for yourself, but if you're content with being a 300 pound loser than stay that way because no one here is going to go out of their way to convince you to change your honestly shitty life.

look at your fucking life as it stands right now, identify your problems and address them. you need to talk to your real life friends and tell them you want to lose weight and they'll help you
>>
>>37416946
wew lad

getting awfully preachy for a fat bitch titted tubbo there m8. You had that exact same mentality as him once since you were a fat sack of shit.
>>
>>37416975
no, no i did not, you dumbass american. Also it takes real bravery to throw insults when you dont have a picture up in this thread right now, fucking kid.

When I was fat i was lying to myself, in complete denial about how my life was worse because of being overweight. I told myself 'i didnt care' and i didnt see it as a problem. He on the other hand has the mentality of 'whats the point, ill look like shit either way'

if you can't see how thats different than you're as autistic as everyone else thinks you are right now
>>
>>37416986
'what's the point, i'll look like shit either way' = Him telling himself he doesn't care, and being in a state of denial.

Maybe you're the autist here huh bitch tits.

I was just trying to make you level your understanding to his, so you could see being preachy tard while still having breasts and a gut on you is not so great.

You remind me of my sister who is 250 lbs who posts health blogs and 'healthy recipes' while thinking she is in a place to preach to others after losing 10lb.
>>
>>37416921
I don't know what you want to hear, it's enough for me. I was heavier than you at one point weighing over 350 lbs and I'm most likely a good deal shorter as well. If you're that vain and scared where you would rather live your life sick and overweight ruining your joints and the rest of your body because you're worrying about loose skin more than anything else, then that's your decision.
Just know you will never know how you'll look in the end if you don't try. There are people here who have lost a shitload of weight once being in the 300 lb range who have hardly any loose skin and others who aren't as lucky.
>>
>>37416877
Its been many years and my skin didn't change don't get ur hopes up, save money for surgery
>>
>>37417024
do you think you hit a trigger, nigger?

I have gyno, i've been very upfront about having mammary tissue, i'm not offended by whatever meme you think bitch tits is in your country.

'Whats the point, ill look like shit either way' is him making excuses for himself not to lose weight, he knows he should lose weight, he knows he wants to get healthier, but he's making excuses to stay fat. I on the other hand was content with my size and didnt care what my body looked like because I thought inside was all that matters, then i dropped acid and realised nobody respects fat people and to be taken seriously you need to take care of your body. He's not in denial, he's just lazy and fat. K

Also if your fat american bitchtits sister is in denial maybe you should go talk to her instead of wasting time making an aspie out of yourself on /fit/ you retard.
>>
>>37416877
This is literally me, but at 30 years old.

Am I fucked?
>>
>>37417054
I did hit a trigger. It's quite clear.

Now you're the one making excuses for your fat self, probably because you haven't escaped it yet.

You are in denial, you are offended and you have not yet escaped your disgusting body. I mean you said it yourself, i don't respect you and why should i?

I'm done with you. I don't care to read more of your tear stained excuses and defences
>>
>>37416934
yeah i do remember you, do you remember me?
i'm the feisty 20 year old aussie who doesnt take no shit from loser aspies who wanna shit talk my progress.
what's chad face? is it that facebook screencap with the guy called chad who has the face who looked like that fuckin ugly red hair brick face guy
>>
>>37417096
oh god you are autistic lol

come back when you have a proper argument and not just the same lines i've already disproved after my 1st reply. What are you like 10?
>americans
lol, enjoy being retarded kiddo
>>
>>37416934
Wish I took a picture of myself at my fatest, when I was 130 kg. Now I'm 104, but what's the point in keeping a record now?
>>
>>37417123
If you have further goals you might as well, it's nice to look back and see the difference. Otherwise you can't see the difference yourself a lot of the time.
>>
>>37415623
skin is an organ, it'll take time to readjust itself if you take good care of it, as for stretch marks, those are technically scars so they aren't really going anywhere
>>
>>37417036
I have enough stretch marks that I'm convinced I would have a lot of loose skin.
>>
>>37416877
you dont look like you will have much loose skin at all

keep it up breh
>>
>>37417132
Well, I have goals, of course. Guess I'll try to overcome the shame I feel when I take pictures of myself
>>
File: 052.jpg (84 KB, 548x768) Image search: [Google]
052.jpg
84 KB, 548x768
Here you go lads this is the result from losing 75 kg and then bulking up 18kg.
First wanted to see what I could achieve with just lifting and taking care of my skin. Was able to fill up the batwings, flabby arms and flabby legs.
Saving up for surgery now, just 4.5k more till I have enough. Can't wait till I have it since this loose skin gave me severe intimicy issues.
>>
>>37416899
This is me. 125lbs and akin surgery later. Love looking like a monster despite out lifting everyone at the gym
>>
>>37417024
>Him telling himself he doesn't care, and being in a state of denial.

i don't really care and yet i do care

obviously being fat isn't good but I don't really have that much investment in being alive and i don't really want to be alive, and mostly for reasons unrelated to being fat
>>
File: 1463281843118.jpg (11 KB, 200x197) Image search: [Google]
1463281843118.jpg
11 KB, 200x197
>>37416986

I could've posted this myself

Good on ya mate.. though I got way more to lose than you

Here's to next year
>>
>>37416899
>>37417624
I know these feels. I'm probably going to be a virgin forever because I'm so hideous. I'm not even done needing to lose 50 lbs more despite a 145 lb or more loss so far. I didn't know what it was like to have a normal body even as a very young kid and felt terrible, so I am at least happy I feel a hell of a lot healthier and can do things more easily now.
>>
>>37415623
exfatfuck here

warry not about the skin. it will shrink. do not go to surgey. eat saturated fats (skin needs them) protein (eggs?) and within 3-4 years you will have a nice skin (just don't jo-jo).

removing excess skin is a highly invasive surgery + you won;t have scars - you need time

keep up the good work

oh ... and no cardio, just strenght training
>>
>>37417726

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpKDteQ3FIQ

pretty sure this guy fucks
>>
>>37417636
go to a doctor mate

might just be a couple of pills away from happiness
>>
>>37417751
i would never take pills

it's not just being sad for no reason but I'm sad because the things that make me sad are problems with no solutions
>>
File: image.png (3 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3 MB, 2048x1536
Surgery is the only way to get rid of all of the loose skin, even if you do lift a shit ton and get natty the loose skin will still be visible.
>>
>>37417749
I'm pretty sure he does, too. He's also a cool dude and I hope I can be as comfortable as that one day.
Unfortunately, women often look much worse after a massive weight loss since the fat goes everywhere and we can't bulk up to the extent a man can. I wish I just didn't have huge arms because it's not something you can hide as easily even in clothes.
>>
>>37415895
It doesn't matter if it stretched by fat or not
Point is anorexic people also shrink dramatically but their skin snaps back just fine??

Maybe the secret to avoid loose skin is getting stupid levels of lean and maintain it for a while
>>
>>37416877
You're kind of an attention whore aren't you aussie boy
Hardly a day goes by where you don't post that pic in half a dozen threads
>>
>>37418226
also apparently extremely defensive
>>
>>37415623

There's no way your skin looks like that after losing 25 kilos if the heaviest you got was only 110kg as a 6 foot man.
>>
>>37417570
Proud of you bro!
>>
>>37416819

I've lost 45 kilos in 2 years motherfucker I know what I'm talking about
>>
>>37418061

Oh you're a woman? Might be different then
>>
>>37418372
I think if you're a woman if anything guys will like you even less after weight loss if you have sagging skin
>>
>>37416819
If that's the case how come pregnant women who get stretch marks on their bellies don't get loose skin when their belly goes back to normal?
And also some pregnant ladies who never got stretch marks end up with completely fucked up bellies after
Point is I don't think stretch marks signify anything
They're just scars
>>
File: brogress7.png (2 MB, 1949x695) Image search: [Google]
brogress7.png
2 MB, 1949x695
>>37415623

I know that feel bro...
I got loose skin on my got, and i already asked what can i do forget rid of it

1. Surgery it cost like 3,000 - 5,000 US dollars
2. Get more muscle aided with roids because i want to get rid really quickly of it.
>>
>>37417570
omg skin is whatever but ur shape is hot. can tell ur built <3
>>
>>37418090
I don't know if it's true but apparently the skin will stretch back it will just take literally years if not decades. And on top of that it will probably be never 100%
>>
So basically there is no way to know if you're gonna have saggy skin other than lose all the fat and see?
>>
>>37415895
partially genetics as well
>>
>>37415895
Not really true. I have pretty noticeable stretch marks (used to be 300 lbs at 6'3) and I'm down to 190 about 16% bf and my skin is kinda loose at the bottom of my stomach, but it's not noticeable unless I pinch it and pull it. Also my arms used to be grossly saggy and I was able to fix that completely with noob tricep gains from benching. My pecs arent saggy at all. It's really all genetics and age.
>>
>>37420283
>mostly genetics and age
fixed
>>
>>37419876
Maybe if you're a fat teen it will stretch back.
Odds are it will never be 90% what you had if you're past puberty.
If you were chubby, you could possibly pull off being buff and having the muscle lift the skin up. You'll never have sub 10% body fat look.
>>
File: pepe40.jpg (53 KB, 500x598) Image search: [Google]
pepe40.jpg
53 KB, 500x598
>>37416899
>tfw my parents gave me frozen pizzas for breakfast almost everyday during elementary

i can sort of understand them because the had to leave at 6am and worked until 9 pm, but man, there were so many other alternatives that could've prevented this
>>
>>37420036
Yeah
If you don't like it you can always get fat again
>>
>>37420795
Jesus christ anon i feel sorry for you
>>
>>37420795
are you my brother?
>>
>>37420795

My mother worked nights at a nursing home and my father would buy snacks and soda every time
>>
File: pepe86.png (16 KB, 809x808) Image search: [Google]
pepe86.png
16 KB, 809x808
Red pill me on loose skin fit, i've seen morbidly obese fat fucks who loose the weight and look fine, i've seen others that look like a melted popsicle, i've seen people say that it's because you loose the weight too fast, and i've seen people say that it will happen either way

i started loosing weight when i was 323lbs, i'm currently sitting at 281 and i dont see any loose skin yet, my belly just got a lot smaller, which is ok.

i'm lifting and doing cardio 3 days a week, i'm doing psmf, and i'm 6ft tall

is it just luck?
>>
>>37417103
Can't tell if bait or legitimately retarded
>>
>>37421226
It's mostly age and genetics but it helps if you drink a fuckton of water, you can also try shit like cocoa butter but I've only read about it and know nothing about its effectiveness
>>
>>37421226
Red pill you?

Okay, it's more than likely that the consequence to your years of shitty living will result in you wearing bags of loose skin that look like absolute shit. That much is out of your control. However you can control how you react to it. You can e a sad cunt and cry about it. Woe is me I am doomed to look like shit forever. Or you can wear it proudly, as a physical representation of your will to change, being a beacon of hope to other obese people.

Then get it cut off one day if you feel like it.
>>
>>37418564
Yeah, that's what I've thought. I'm at the point where it doesn't bother me too much because I'd rather be healthy and alone than feel terrible all the time. I feel bad for the guys and gals who let it bother them enough where they become completely depressed about it, don't bother to lose the weight because of that fear or even put the weight back on, though.
>>
At what amount of weight lost do you enter the saggy danger zone, more or less?

I had BMI of 33 at one point but no rolls or stretch marks. How fucked am I?
>>
>>37415740
There's very little difference in how much the skin will have to "hold" when you compare 10%bf to, say, 0%bf. But going from 80%bf to 20%bf is a huuuuge huge huge loss.

For instance, someone at that point would barely resemble a human being, while someone who's underweight still looks relatively like a person.

Also, stretching the skin more at first means it'll get damaged more. And that damage makes it harder for it to retract later (think stretch marks).

Fat also weights less for the same space. So while a 5%bf skinny twig will be losing a lot of lean body mass, you're losing mostly fat. So it's like your 25kg are 50kg in twiggy terms.

All in all, deal with it.
>>
>>37416921
You'll look less disgusting.

But if you're such an unredeemable failure, then just lie down and give up now. Nobody cares about you and you should know better than to go on taiwanese food art communities to try and dissuade others from improving their own lives.

I mean, I get it, you suck. Don't make others suck, too.
>>
>>37415623
where'd you get that sick pair of boxers, breh
>>
So what's up with nipples melting off? I always thought they're attached to some tissue and not just skin.
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.