[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/routine general/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 73
File: Klokov 190kg Paused Bench.webm (2 MB, 636x480) Image search: [Google]
Klokov 190kg Paused Bench.webm
2 MB, 636x480
Previous thread >>37368601

>klokov paused bench edition

Check out our new sticky!
>http://fitsticky.com/

>Novice Programs & Routine tips (Rep Ranges, Volume, Frequency, etc)
http://fitsticky.com/novice-programs/

>Intermediate Programs
http://fitsticky.com/intermediate-programs/

>How to perform the Main Lifts
http://fitsticky.com/how-to/

I'll be helping everyone as much as possible <3
>>
Reposting this from last thread to get some more input. It's hockey offseason now, any reccomendations for training?
>>
just want a 4 day routine, maybe ppl or lulu
5'10 150 lb
>>
File: Klokov 225kg Push Press.webm (1 MB, 553x540) Image search: [Google]
Klokov 225kg Push Press.webm
1 MB, 553x540
>>37414769

http://fitsticky.com/starting-strength/
http://fitsticky.com/novice-programs/

>>37414775

http://fitsticky.com/texas-method
>>
what is sldl?
>>
>>37414740
do you do form critiques
>>
4 day split for looks? I'm a meme runner and don't give a shit about lifts beyond 1x/1.25x/1.5x/2x BW

5'11, 155
>>
im 99% sure i have gyno. is there any way at all besides surgery to get rid of it, or minimize it in any way?
>>
>>37415025
Lose weight
>>
Is 5/3/1 enough volume for a cut? Probably the second revised version that has you doing the big 3 twice a week
>>
>>37415069
im around 16-17% body fat. do you think there might be a chance it's caused by fat?
>>
>>37415083
Post pics
>>
Ok, last post i promise.
Just added in some barbell shrugs (4x10) to my pull - volume day, and wanted to know if i should still keep the 5x8 for Pull up, or if that is too many sets
>>
>>37414853
Stiff-legged deadlift

>>37415025
Like 99% chance, i'd wager
>>
Legit question.

Been lifting for over a year, but I'm pretty weak as fuck and small at the same time. I've been doing PPL, is there any good routine for hyperthropy and strength gains?
>>
>>37414740
dick chop off when?
>>
>>37416820

There's a lot of them.

But mass gains are pretty dependent on diet. That needs to fit the specs as well. Strength is something you can get away with staying at the same bodyweight and improving but its bloody hard to lay down more muscle mass without gaining weight.
>>
>>37414984

Do a 2 day Upper/Lower with 8-10 reps for compounds focusing on form; two seconds up, two seconds at the top, two seconds down. You wouldn't notice
much of a difference in mass gained just doing a strength program instead until you got to really high weights wherein you might notice joint/tendon fatigue
on a non-equal level to muscle fatigue.

>>37415025

If it's actual gyno, you'll have a hard feeling "knot" underneath the nipple. Otherwise, it's likely just fat. If it is gyno, you'll probably need surgery.

>>37415077

You can keep volume equally high assuming you're not hitting a ridiculous deficit. There's no reason to dramatically change your workout cycle.

>>37415380

You likely don't need both.
>>
File: Eyebrows.png (665 KB, 1280x718) Image search: [Google]
Eyebrows.png
665 KB, 1280x718
Reminder that Trappy will accuse anyone who trains outside of her routines and makes gains of being on roids.

This is probably due to the fact that in the generals she lurks, all the trips are on roids (and lie about it), and still get weak lifts and look like shit.

She has such a narrow view of how training should be done and thinks that the poor results routines like SS get are actually normal.
>>
>>37417217
>her
>she
>she
>>
>>37417217
>a faggot attention whore fetish bait who doesn't lift and spouts wikipedia knowledge while having no insight of his own
>doesn't know shit about lifting in practice
whoa who would've thought

it's pathetic how he has become a 'thing' here. These threads used to be good. Goes to show how little people here lift and how sexually frustrated they are

/lgbt/ should be banned from /fit/ honestly, they've only made this board infinitely worse
>>
>>37417233
Kek
>>
>>37415025
I have some gyno. My understanding is there is a gland version and pure fat version.
If its a gland you need it cut out weight loss won't make it smaller and as you lean out it will be more noticeable.
Fat is just losing weight and it shrinks. This is what mine is.
>>
>>37417217

This. He's a weirdo pretending to be a girl that pretends to be knowledgeable about fitness on an anonymous thai boxing pen pal newsletter. This poor soul's entire life revolves around playing pretend with strangers on the internet, and the sooner you newfags stop feeding his fantasies the sooner he might snap out of it and move on with his life.
>>
>>37417217
What do you suggest for strength training for a newlifter instead of SS?
>>
>>37417448
cuckols
>>
File: hi newfriends.jpg (29 KB, 598x399) Image search: [Google]
hi newfriends.jpg
29 KB, 598x399
>>37417217
>>37417233
>>37417282
>>37417348

Seems like summer newfriends are getting traction.
Can't wait for August.
>>
>>37417509
come on, trap is a newfag himself
and reddit is exactly the place that would support transsexuals
>>
>>37417460

So basically the same stuff trappy recommends.
Alright
>>
File: hello newfriend.jpg (66 KB, 477x324) Image search: [Google]
hello newfriend.jpg
66 KB, 477x324
>>37417527

>trappy is a newfag
>reddit would like trappy

How can you be so new and still have the guts to pretend you're not?
Do you think we don't notice?
>>
>>37417546
Idk if this is some shitty bait or you are this stupid, but trappy has been here for like 6 months.
And yeah, leddit is know for its SJWness, so traps are welcome there.
>>
File: hello newfags.jpg (41 KB, 992x744) Image search: [Google]
hello newfags.jpg
41 KB, 992x744
>>37417635

>trappy has been here for like 6 months

N E W F R I E N D
E
W
F
A
G
>>
>>37417650

trappy is friends with cuckols you retard

cuckols literally came to /fit/ once just to discuss biomechanics of the squat with trappy
>>
>>37417302
True gyno is all gland. The "fat version" is just fat and can be gotten rid of by reducing overall body fat. Everyone loses fat differently in terms of location on the body. Once you get to a low enough body fat percentage you will see if you have real gyno. Or you can pay for an ultrasound and have a doctor tell you one way or the other.
>>
How's this PPL? Going for combined strength/hypertrophy with pause variations inspired by based candito

Push:
Bench 3x5-6
OHP 3x5-6
Incline DB bench 3x8-12
Lat raises 3x8-12
Cable flyes 3x8-12

Pull:
Deadlift 2x5-6
DB rows 3x5-6
Chinups 3xF
Hammer curls 3x8-12

Legs:
Squat 3x5-6
Front squat 3x8-12
Plate loaded leg press 3x8-12

Second PPL set of the week is the same but with spoto press in place of bench & pause squats/diddys. Looking potentially for more pull & leg exercises.

Btw im still sorta dyel and i just want to spend more time at the gym because its the only place where i dont hate myself
>>
hey trappy how well do you handle big cocks?

for the most part i have had issues fitting into vaginas (6.5"girth and slightly under 9" length) and I'm wondering if I should try fucking a trap instead
>>
>>37416936
Why a 2 day split vs a 4 day split?
>>
>>37417662
>>cuckols literally came to /fit/ once just to discuss biomechanics of the squat with trappy
>a tripfag
>coming to 4chan to have a conversation
>with another tripfag
Can we go back to 2004 please?
>>
>>37418016

Non optimal. You don't have to push each muscle to complete failure by the end of a workout to make it grow. The exact percentage is unknown, and it's possible
that the more muscle mass you have towards your genetic potential, the harder you have to push, but for most lifters, aiming for 70-90% exhaustion is more than
sufficient to see maximal hypertrophy. Going by that, would you rather gain maximal hypertrophy once a week or twice a week?

>>37417674

Swap Flyes on Push with Hammer Curls on Pull. If you want to spend more time at the gym but are a Novice, do a beginner routine instead and add a 3x10-12+
Accessory like Curls or Lat Raises at the end, and on off days do the same workout as the day before without the Accessories (only compounds) dialed back to
3x15@25% 1RM and don't go to failure; leave each set with 5-8 left in the tank. It'll allow you to work on form while not harming your recovery.

>>37417700

>Has trouble with fitting in vaginas
>Thinks assholes will be easier
>>
>>37418133
>>37416936
are you the guy from the last thread that thinks muscle fibres are split between myofibrilar and sarcoplasmic, and thinks sprinters and cyclists have big legs because they run and cycle a lot?

because you should just fucking stop.

if you wanna help just talk about simple shit you know about. not everything needs an answer from you - or a guess from you as it seems.
>>
>>37418133
Well, men are tougher and can handle more pain
>>
>>37417509
>calling tranny hate "reddit"
Grasping at the wrong straws anon.
>>
>>37418214

Point 1:
http://strengtheory.com/sarcoplasmic-vs-myofibrillar-hypertrophy/
http://baye.com/myth-of-sarcoplasmic-versus-myofibrillar-hypertrophy/

Point 2:
>If it was, you would have people with huge legs just from running or taking the stairs. It doesnt work like that.

"Cyclists with huge quads, sprinters with large legs, and obese people with gigantic calves would like to have a word with you." (>>37403670)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCBBX5W8IQk
-http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=6746911
-Weight used heavily varies between sprinters; some sprinters go heavy, some don't. I was making a point with a slightly sarcastic, shitty example because the previous anon
stated that over 15 reps is worse for mass. I then followed it by explaining the effects of lifting higher reps.

http://strengtheory.com/hypertrophy-range-fact-fiction/

Very little difference in hypertrophy doing 15+. This agrees with my original statement.

>>37418236

Speak for yourself. I cry like a bitch when I stub my toe.
>>
>>37418133
Can you recommend a 2 day split for a novice/advanced novice?

90 ohp
135 bench
225 squat
250 dead

At 155 lb
>>
>>37414740
I ran SS from about November, made good progress, and then stupidly decided to cut. Obviously I stalled, so after a couple of months (I think I cut way too hard, went from 71kg to 61kg in 8 weeks), I started eating at a surplus again and moved on to Texas Method.

My lifts are all improving again, except my squat. I was at 115kg squat before my cut, which dropped to 107.5kg by the end of my cut. But now, after 5 weeks on Texas method, I've had to deload to to 100kg, and it's not even for 5 reps. What the hell has happened? Should I deload again?

Stats pre cut:
Weight: 71kg
Bench: 65 1x5
Squat: 115kg 1x5
Deadlift: 130kg 1x4
Row: 62.5kg 1x5
OHP: 47.5kg 3x3

Stats now:
Weight: 63kg
Bench: 70kg 1x5
Squat: 100kg 2x3
Deadlift: 125kg 1x4
Row: 67.5kg 1x5
OHP: 45kg 1x5
>>
File: Untitled.png (95 KB, 626x396) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
95 KB, 626x396
>>37418439
>Point 1
do you even know what myofibrillar hypertrophy means...?

myo (muscle) fibrillar (fibres) hypertrophy,
it means the muscle fibres get bigger, as opposed to sarcoplasmic hypertrophy. the myofibres (muscle fibres) are not separated into microfibres and sarcoplasm.

maybe you should have a gander at some simpler literature before you read anything else.

>Point 2

From strength theory
>Is there a hypertrophy range practically?
>In all likelihood. But that doesn't mean you should do all your training there.
>On average, looking at both percent differences and effect sizes, the “hypertrophy range” did slightly better than either high reps or low reps.
>pic related

the point isn't there is NO difference. the point of the article was to not get caught up in the 'hypertrophy rep range' and do a variety of rep ranges, whilst also focusing more on rep ranges that are more conducive to other goals, such as getting stronger (lower reps) or improving endurance (higher reps)

I'm not bothered to find the post but you basically said "theres no difference between one million reps vs 1 rep if you go to muscular failure" (as opposed to volitional failure, kek) - which is just not fucking true in the slightest. there's a difference between 5 and 15, there's definitely a difference between 1,000,000 and 1. feel free to read some of those articles you posted.

stop skimming abstracts to support your points
stop dishing out advice you dont have THOROUGH knowledge about.
just stop.
>>
>>37418048

>cuckols is a tripfag

Fucking summer fags kill yourselves
>>
>>37419048
I've been here since 2003 you dumb nigger, a namefag is a namefag and coming to 4chan to have a conversation with a namefagging tranny is clinically retarded
>>
>>37419397

>cuckols is a namefag

FUCKING
NEW
FAGS
GO
AWAY
>>
Help. What do I need to look husbando mode and thick in a t shirt, am I missing something?
No benching right now.
The accessory I do is manageable too.

Squat
OHP
DL
Hammer Curls
LTE
Calves/Forearm

Squat
OHP
Hammer Curls
LTE
Calves/Forearm

Squat
OHP
Snatch grip DL
Hammer Curls
LTE
Calves/Forearms
>>
>>37414740
What routine would I have to do to become your boyfriend?
>>
>>37417650

So exactly what routine of his? Create my own from the 28 programs shit?
>>
>>37419595

Also, why is "The Journey" program so different compared to if you were to put together your own using the "28 programs"? Doesn't make sense.
>>
File: 7reps.jpg (118 KB, 877x727) Image search: [Google]
7reps.jpg
118 KB, 877x727
>>37418640
>>
File: hVBZvyM.jpg (112 KB, 494x2013) Image search: [Google]
hVBZvyM.jpg
112 KB, 494x2013
Anyone have an experience with Izzy's Powerlifting Novice Program? I tried it for about a month after leaving SS so I could do better at the sport of Powerlifting.

I'm thinking about switching to a 5 or 6 day program so I can spread out the work and not have to do squats bench and deads all in one heavy day.

Also I'm working towards getting my weight down from 240 to about 190 for the Navy.
>>
What warm up exercises do you guys recommend previous to doing SS? Apart from gradually adding weight to the bar up to the work sets.

I'm lacking in lower body flexibility too (I've been on a sitting position most of the time in the last few years) which I think is limiting my lifts and I'm starting to feel some pain on my lower back, specifically almost where my spine ends, between my glutes, so if you guys can give some stretching advice I'm much appreciate it. I have already substituted the standing hands to toes stretch for hanging with my hands from a bar to decompress the spine.
>>
>>37418509
Bump.
>>
>>37420480
Rowing machine is god tier warmup, full body+flexibility
>>37420386
>cutting for a career in endurance work
>power lifting routine
Priorities man
>>
pls rate my routine and help me fix it if there is something wrong, also what about benching everything close grip and exclude tricep exercises?

A1 B1 x A2 B2 x x

A1
bench 3x5 heavy
ohp 3x8-10 / 5x5 light
incline bench 3x8-10
side and front lateral raises superset 3x12
skullcrushers 3x12
leg press 5x15

B1
ohp 3x5 heavy
bench 3x8-10 / 5x5 light
bb row 3x5 heavy
closegrip pulldowns 3x10
facepulls 3x20
hammer curls 3x10
leg curls 4x15
something for forearms

A2
bench 3x5 heavy
ohp 3x8-10 / 5x5 light
closegrip bench 3x12
chest flyes 3x15
tricep pushdowns 3x10
leg press 5x15

B2
ohp 3x5 heavy
bench 3x8-10 / 5x5 light
weighted chinups/underhand pulldowns 3x5-8
single arm db row 3x10
hammer curls 3x10
leg curls 4x15
something for forearms
>>
>>37419433
le REEEEEEEE frog . j p g
>>
r8, h8, reply with b8:

1x2x3x4x1x2x etc

1)
DL 4×3
>Bench 5×5
Paused squat tech at 60% ?×?
btn snatch press 5×5
2)
>Squat 5×5
Bench 5×5
Pendlays 3×8
Pullups 3×F
3)
Squat 5×5
>OHP 5×5
Hip trusts 3×8
Slow descent bench tech 80% 5×?
4)
>DL 4×3
OHP 5×5
Front squat tech at 70% ?×?
Pullups 3×F

The meme-arrow'd lift is the primary lift for the day, I reserve some strength to PR on that lift if needed.
The two first lifts are always the same, the other two slots are for assistance and tech on when I need it.

Still beginner, noticed that SS squats + DL on the same day didn't do it for me, and wanted slightly higher volume on upper body.
Having only 2 main lifts per day gives me a bit more space to do some assistance and tech work.
Lifting 55 / 68 / 100 / 135 for main lift day sets×reps mentioned.
>>
>>37420613
How should I go about in prioritizing my goals?
>>
>>37418575
u need to do SS longer and evaluate your diet
>>
Trappy:

Don't let the haters get you down! You're cute and helpful!!!

That being said please make/recommend a standard stretching/mobility routine for general strength training. Pretty please?

If I ever see people harassing you IRL you know they would feel the fury of my fists.

Thanks!

-Penermo
>>
>>37422079
Fuck off meme man
>>
File: Lats during the Deadlift.png (298 KB, 1384x750) Image search: [Google]
Lats during the Deadlift.png
298 KB, 1384x750
Just made a thing that I think most of you will enjoy.

Should answer a lot of questions in a quick and easy to understand manner.
>>
>>37418640

>Point 1
You're absolutely right. I'm an idiot and my wording was exceedingly terrible. It should have read as Myofibrillar vs Sarcoplasmic hypertrophy and fiber types should have
been specified as Type 1/Type 2. I was thinking with something like article related in mind - http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/kelly13.htm. My original post makes more
sense if you reword:

>As per muscle fibers, this would be Myofribillar vs Sarcoplasmic.

to

>As per muscle fiber growth, this would be Myofribillar vs Sarcoplasmic hypertrophy.

Even still, I admit I fucked up and worded it like garbage.

>Point 2

>Most of /fit/ will shit on you for doing over 12 reps, but there's no real downside to it assuming you know beforehand that it won't be as optimal for pure strength gain.

One million reps is a metric fuck-ton given as an example. My example was just an absurdly high number for sake of being an absurdly high number. I don't think many
people would bother with more than 20 reps in a set.
>>
File: change.jpg (729 KB, 1792x2056) Image search: [Google]
change.jpg
729 KB, 1792x2056
>>37414740
187cm 70kg 20yrs
lifting for almost a year went from 65kg to this

I am changing my routine again. Please give tips.

My current routine is:
rest every 3-4 days
chest+tricep
back+bicep
legs
abs+shoulders
(and forearms somewhere in there)
repeat
Current routines
Chest: bench(normal+inclined),flys,peck
Legs:leg press(inclined and horizontal, calves(weighted+iclined press), leg extension, ham curls
SHoulders: military press, Arnold press, fyls, front+back raises
Back,triceps,biceps i will change later on.
Also how often can i work abs and not overtrain?

inb4: Do some deadlifts/squats dyel. Yeah i know im putting these in too :( Help pls
>>
is it okay to not deadlift? on the days i usually deadlift i decided to focus on power cleans more and do clean pulls after that. on my othr lifting day i do rdl so i figure that hits the same stuff mostly. and i do back extensions at the end of all my workouts for dem joocy spinal erectors. any problems with this trappy and friends?
>>
>>37422535

why are you doing a body part split? you obviously should be doing a beginner LP for a few months
>>
>>37422535
EAT MORE
LIFT MORE
SS + GOMAD NOW

(srs)
>>
>>37422557
Aren't these just to get your body to adapt/strengthen so you can do the splits better? I did these for the first 2 months. From what i understand splits allow for better localization and therefore optimal recovery gain.

If you can explain what is the point im glad to do them again. Thanks
>>
>>37422604
TELL ME HOW MUCH AND IM GONNA DO IT.

Except for gomad. Too much milk can cause you allergies and i don't trust anything in large quantities. I drink 0.5l per day at most.
>>
Good weightlifting routine for my father? He's 60 and getting back pain from his job(truck driver).
>>
File: starting-strength-smh_1.jpg (181 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
starting-strength-smh_1.jpg
181 KB, 500x400
>>37422658

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3585w9FmOGs

http://fitsticky.com/starting-strength
http://fitsticky.com/how-to

Pic related. I recommend you give it a read, it not only teaches proper form on everything, but talks about injury prevention in a lot of detail.
>>
>>37422658

Not to assume anything, but if you're old man is like mine then he is super unfit and very inflexible.

Get him doing a lot of stretching in addition to any training. This will really help free up hip flexors and everything else tightening his lower back. As a driver he's probably got some really tight and inflexible shit in there messing up his spine. It wouldn't surprise me if he able to perform anything approaching a squat at first.
>>
>>37422624
>>37422644
calculate your caloric needs. (don't forget to include your activity). Tons of calculators online.
Track what you eat for a week or two. If you hit your goals, fine, if not (what I suspect is the case) EAT MORE.
Considering you only gained 5kg in almost a year, you're probably not eating enough.

You should do a linear progression routine for as long as you make linear progression. With proper nutrition, you should be able to hit 1/2/3/4 on a LP program.

And you should never do a bodypart split. You're just wasting potential gains.

No muscle needs more than 2-3 days rest. (Protein synthesis, i.e. growth) The bigger the muscle, the longer rest it needs (quads, chest, ...) Smaller muscles like biceps, shoulders, ... can be trained almost every day.

Always ask these questions:
>Are you making progress?
- Yes: fine. Keep doing what you're doing.
- No:
>Are you gaining weight?
- Yes: there is something wrong with the training
- No: EAT MORE
>>
>>37422535
>gained 5 kilos in a year
I got really bad news for you senpai.
>>
>>37422724
Thanks for the SS meme you 120 lb tranny freak. Quality post.

>>37422745
Pretty much, he can get pretty close to a good 3rd world squat, but yeah the hop flexor are a bug problem for him. He doesn't just drive, he loads and unloads, so there's a lot of lifting.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (71 KB, 660x678) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
71 KB, 660x678
>>37422542

That's fine senpai.

>>37422644

>0.5L per day

Cmon senpai I'm a tiny girl and even I drink more milk than that.

Step it up, gotta eat big to get big CMON

>>37422535

http://fitsticky.com/novice-programs

>>37422079

Depends on where you're lacking in mobility.

In general, ankle and hamstring stretching is good for everyone.
Other than that, just stretch on the basis of what you feel you're needing.
Here are some links:

https://www.youtube.com/user/JDCav24/search?query=stretch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IE7nALXgXz0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XISJxsccN1E
http://www.catalystathletics.com/articles/section/10/Mobility-Training-Preparation/

>>37421668

Don't max out with 5x5, it's awful for progression.
Do 3x5 with back off sets after.

>>37420678

You don't need to do closegrip exclusively. Do both closegrip and regular grip and your triceps will be fine.

Split the muscle groups you're training. Give each at least 48h of rest before training again. This will maximise the efficiency of muscle growth and strength development.
There are lots of examples of splits on http://fitsticky.com/texas-method
>>
>>37422746
You are probably absolutely fucking right.
Starting right away. THanks.
>>
File: 1442252402015.jpg (127 KB, 1014x536) Image search: [Google]
1442252402015.jpg
127 KB, 1014x536
>>37420480

See this post >>37422809

>>37420386

Do Sheiko
Nuckols C6W are good options as well
http://fitsticky.com/intermediate-programs

Dietmar seems to be popular amongst the guys on /plg/ for now as well, but I still don't have experience with those.

>>37419595
>>37419682

Yes.
There are examples of "general programs" for early-intermediate and intermediate lifters on http://fitsticky.com/intermediate-programs
He includes a pdf on the package explaining how to customise your routine and put the programs together.

>>37418575

Don't deload on TM, cycle the rep ranges and keep increasing the weights.
It's explained on http://fitsticky.com/texas-method

And read the "Getting stuck and getting unstuck" section on http://fitsticky.com/novice-programs
It includes some important tips that are useful even for intermediate and advanced lifters.

>>37419450

I mean, it's nothing but a list of exercises... If you want feedback you should include at least the reps x sets and progression scheme.

>>37417700

Just warmup and use lube senpai.
Works fine for me, and I can fit some very think toys in my butt.

Sometimes it hurts but just go slowly and the pain passes.

>>37417674

If you're training 3 times per week with that, it's a waste of time.
If you're training 6 times per week with that, it's a waste of time.

Get a more sensible PPL program instead
There are examples at the bottom of this page http://fitsticky.com/texas-method
>>
File: routine.png (29 KB, 279x597) Image search: [Google]
routine.png
29 KB, 279x597
>>37414740
pls rate

I do this with a few added on, to help recuperate after surgery on my back
>>
File: boardie on PPL.jpg (52 KB, 863x102) Image search: [Google]
boardie on PPL.jpg
52 KB, 863x102
>>37416820

>>37415380

Lower the sets of rows. Keep the pullup 5 sets.
Adding shrugs is fine.

>>37414984

Read the "Routine tips" section on http://fitsticky.com/novice-programs

Look at the examples at the bottom of the http://fitsticky.com/texas-method page

>>37422962

Are you on steroids?
If yes, that's fine.

If not, start an actual decent program instead.
Memecada is the hugest waste of time for natty lifters.

Also, if your surgery involved your spine, watch this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXzqWHuAkAM
>>
>>37422809
>I'm a tiny girl
>girl

cmon traps you okay but please be honest
>>
>>37422624

I'm on mobile so I don't care to type out a long response, but your complete lack of gains in a year should be indicative that you're doing something wrong in your training. the point of doing LPs is to get a lot of practice doing fundamental compound movements, become as strong as possible as quickly as possible, and put on as much lbm as possible as quickly as possible. body part splits are stupid and if you fell for the "SS is a meme" meme and insist on not doing an LP, then at least do an UL or push/pull
>>
>>37422983

What's this meme about ppl not being worth doing unless you're on steroids?
>>
>>37423029

I think the issue is the insane volume in the split posted instead of it being ppl
>>
File: 1437846451426.gif (679 KB, 250x385) Image search: [Google]
1437846451426.gif
679 KB, 250x385
>>37423029

PPL splits are fine. You'll see I recommend them all the time.
There are examples on http://fitsticky.com/texas-method

The problem is meme routines like memecada and memeddit PPL who drag a legit type of split into the dirt.

>>37423015

I'm 1.63m 47kg senpai
That's pretty tiny
>>
>>37423042

That and you're only working your full body twice a week as opposed to three.
>>
>>37423056
>>>37423015
>I'm 1.63m 47kg senpai
>That's pretty tiny
Deliberately misinterpreting that post like you deliberately misinterpret you gender...
>>
>>37423056

Oh alright, would you help me out with my ppl then? I need back exercises specifically and I can't do pullups, yet

Push:

Bench press 5x5
Skullcrushers 5x5
Seated dumbbell press 5x5
Incline bench press 5x5

Pull:

Hammercurls 5x5
Extra left arm hammercurls 5x5 (weaker left)
Lat pulldown 4x8
Dumbbell shrugs 4x10
Cheat lateral raises 5x5

Legs:

Sumo deadlift 3x5
Crush grip goblet squat 3x5
>>
>>37423104
Bwahahahahahahaa what the fuck is this. Holy shit this routine is fucking terrible.

Get on a real fucking program, faggot.
>>
File: 1422833240856.jpg (815 KB, 1011x1600) Image search: [Google]
1422833240856.jpg
815 KB, 1011x1600
Critique or advice for my following routine. Also, any insight into how to consolidate into two workouts instead of three.

Sets/Reps alternate between strength days and dynamic/volume days:

Workout A:

Squats or Front Squats - 5x5 or 3x10
Overhead Press - 5x5 or 3x10-12
Dumbbell Swing and Jerk - 3-4x8
Weighted Planks

Workout B:

Bench Press - 5x5 or 3x10
Weighted Dips - 3x8-10
Face-pulls - 4x12
Flys - 3-4x10-12
Standing Tricep Extensions (https://youtu.be/WrL8hzuICt8?t=1m47s) - 3-4x8-12
Hanging Leg Raises - 3-4x10

Workout C:

Deadlifts - 3x5, 5x5, or 3-4x10 (low I/high vol.)
Weighted Chin-ups - 3x8-10
Concentration Curls - 3-4x8-10
Seated Rows - 3-4x8-10
Face-pulls - 4x12
Barbell Curls - 3xFailure
>>
how to high bar squat?
>>
I've just started, skinny 120 dude
I just do bench,deadlift, and squat 5x5. Sometimes i'll curl for warm up. I stretch afterwards cause low back probs

3x per week.

Thoughts?
>>
>>37423228
Midbar is what you're looking for. All our data has proven highbar to be nothing more than a meme.
>>
>>37423199

Okay
>>
I've been doing a slightly modified coolcicada ppl. Wanting to know if I went full retard.
Legs A:
Squat 5/3/1
Front squat 1X5
1leg leg press 1X8
Calf raises 3X10-12
Bb hack squat 3X8-10
Sldl 1X8
Push A:
Bb bench 5/3/1
Ohp 5/3/1
Db incline bench 3X5
Side raises 3X10-12
Skull crushers 3X10-12
Over head tricep extension 3X10-12
Abs/obliques
Pull:
Pendlay rows 3X5
Weighted wide grip pull-ups 3X8-10
Seated rows 3X8-10
Face pulls 3X10-12
Curls 7X8-10 (different grips)
Legs:
Deadlifts 1X5
Calf raises 3X10-12
Abs/oblique work
Push b:
Same as A except bench/ohp/incline 3X8-10
Incline cable flies3X8
Pull: same as before but with abs+oblique work
I'm 84kg @ 184cm
Squat 155kgx5
Deadlift 180X5
Ohp 60X5
Bench 90X5
Pull ups 10 reps with 20kg added.
>>
>>37423313
>5x5 on everything
>an extra 5x5 set for left arm
>beginning a pull day with fucking curls
>sumo as a beginner
>fucking crush grip goblet squats
>cheat lateral raises as a beginner
>being deluded enough to think that as a dyel twink faggot you can come up with your own routine

I could go on and on. Your routine is fucking dogshit.
>>
>>37423447

Thanks mate

While not particularly constructive, it's better than nothing
>>
>>37423487
Get on a real, proven program inatead of trying to be a special snowflake
>>
Yo, hope you enjoy your weekend. And that your gains are coming in as good as mine.
>>
>>37422050
I'm on a surplus, and the weight is creeping back on. Definitely getting enough protein as well.

>>37422914
I tried cycling down to 2x3, and then even to 2x2. Guess I'll try 4x1 and see what happens. Thank you!
>>
>>37423616
Same to you
>>
I fucked up my shoulder and can't bench, do I need some extra exercises or is pec activation in OHP / pull ups enough?

ABxCDxx - 4 days Upper/Lower (weekly progression)

-strength

>A
OHP 5x5
bent-over row 3x6
close hammer grip pull ups 3xF
DB supinating curls 3x8-12
+ grip work

>B
low bar squat 3x6
snatch deadlift 3x5
hanging leg raises 3x8-12
back extensions 3x8-12

-hypertrophy

>C
DB press|snatch press 3x6
close grip chinups 3xF
cable rows 3x8-12
incline hammer curls 3x8-12
skullcrushers 3x8-12
+ grip work

>D
front squat 4x8
RDL 4x8
hanging leg raises 3x8-12
back extensions 3x8-12
>>
>>37423846

You'd ideally want the extra pec exercises but If your shoulder is fucked and you can't bench then its probably not a good idea to be doing flies or similar (maybe, maybe you could do partial-range crossovers or something along those lines but you'll still want to be careful with it).

You might also be able to handle partial-ROM benching but that depends a lot on the nature of the injury.
>>
>>37423837

Thanks buddy :^)
>>
File: 1415307912458.png (20 KB, 272x256) Image search: [Google]
1415307912458.png
20 KB, 272x256
Please rate my routine, friends. Keep in mind i lift at home, all i have is a bench press rack (in which i can bench and overhead press), a barbell, weights, and a bar on the doorframe for chins/pull-ups. I lifted 3 months on a gym before that, did Stronglifts 5x5.

A

Bench Press 5 x 5
Chin Ups 5 x 10 (i'm currently at 5 good form chin ups, followed by negatives until i complete 10)
Dips 3 x f
20-30 mins of cardio

B

Overhead Press 5 x 5
Deadlifts 1 x 5
Chin Ups 5 x 10
20-30 mins of cardio

3days/week, alternating AxBxA / BxAxB. My cardio consists of swimming (i have a pool). Uninterested in purchasing a squat rack at the moment, since i've got other plans for my money/20% bodyfat, my fat is distributed mostly on my ass/thighs, and i don't wish to cut right now.
>>
>>37423295
what does this even mean?
>>
>>37423871
I can do spoto press a bit higher than usual and 3/4 flies.
>>
>>37424334

I'd be a bit wary on spoto presses, just because of the chances of the bar getting lower than its supposed to and re-injuring the chest. Depending on your build you might able to use floor presses or board/pin presses instead.

If you can, I'd still recommend cable crossovers/flies over DB flies. Most of the resistance in DB flies comes at the bottom of the movement which is where you really don't want to be with that shoulder problem.
>>
Trappy

What's the best way/site to calculate your 1RM and 5RM
>>
>>37424358
Unfortunately my gym doesn't have equipment for pin press. I don't know where to throw in cable crossovers though. Maybe instead of cable rows on C...

>>37424389
I'd say your gym, those things were never right for me, it's just an estimate so any site should do.
>>
>>37423943
Add Bulgarian Split Squats, you use dumbbells, 3x10 or 3x8
>>
>>37424389
1RM: load up the wight, perform 1 rep, add more and repeat until you cant do it anymore, the weight before you fail is your 1rm
5RM: 85% of your 1RM
>>
Is there a good strength routine that allows for 3-day consecutive rest periods? Something along the lines of ABABxxx

I just got hired as an EMT and I'm lucky to get 4-5 hours of sleep Tues-Thurs, getting a workout in on these days is impossible. Been doing Candito LP with decent results so far but I just cant do it with this new work schedule.

6'3'' 180 lb
>>
I've been doing this for a month, rate. Trying to cut from 250 to 170 or 180...

It's just starting strength plus a shoulder/arm day because since we're already hitting our legs, chest, and back a lot. My chest, legs, and back grows faster than my arms

AxBxAxxBxAxBxxRepeat

Routine A:
Squat 3x5
Bench 3x5
Deads 1x5
Calves 5x5, 4x12

Routine B:
Squat 3x5
CGBP 3x5
Rows 3x5
Calves 5x5, 4x12

Every Saturday is shoulders/arms. This is a hypertrophy/conditioning day. Volume will be kept high... I like to eat out in Saturdays. Down about 235lbs now.

Saturday:
Overhead Press 3x5 or 2x10 (If I can't get a PR)
Tricep Pushdowns 3x10 (Heavy)
Single Frenchpress 3x10 (Normal)
Cable Skullcrushers 3x20 (High Reps)
Hammer Curls 3x8 (Heavy)
Reverse Curls 3x10 (Normal)
Preacher Curls 3x20 (High Reps).
Rear Pec Deck 3x20
Cable Laterals 3x20
DB Press 3x20 superset with EZ-bar front raise 3x20.
>>
File: 24141.png (71 KB, 159x193) Image search: [Google]
24141.png
71 KB, 159x193
Hey Trappy!

I built up some decent strength (to intermediate level) on a bulk recently, but got pretty chubby. I'm going on an all-out, very strict cut with heavy cardio (1.5-2 hr running + swimming ) and a calorific deficit each day. My goal is purely to maintain musculature while shedding BF% by doing a very volume-intensive, Chad-esque PPL routine. Please let me know what you think / if there's anything I should add or change.

Of course, when this cut is over I'll be doing a more proper/correct standard strength routine (Texas Method etc) for my bulk. I know this deviates much from the standard dogma of fitness progession (believe me, I'm a huge Rippetoe-fag myself) but I feel the routine is appropriate for the sheer intensity of the cardio training + caloric deficit. It's only temporary, and I've got deadlines to meet that call for this degree of intensity. Interested to hear what your thoughts are.

--------------------------------------

ABCxABCx [...]

>Push [A]

Bench Press 3x8
Incline Bench Press 3x8
Dips 3x10
Chest Flies 3x12
Tricep Pushdowns 3x12
Close Grip Bench Press 3x12

>Pull [B]

Barbell Rows 3x8
Weighted Pull/chin-ups 3x10
EZ Bar Bicep Curl 3x8
Hammer Curls 3x10
Lat Pulldowns 3x8-12
21s 1x
>Legs + Shoulders [C]
Squat 3x8
The Press 3x8
Lateral Raises 3x10
Deadlifts 3x8
BB Trap Isolation 3x12
Calf Raises 3x12
Ab Isolation [Weighted+BW crunch, plank, rollout, hanging leg raises]
>>
Barring buying and bringing my own microplates to the gym, what are my options for SS with plates only as small as 1.25kg?
>>
>>37422391
>rounded back
doubt.mkv
>>
>>37414740

Yo trappy,

I recently jumped on the 4 day beginner routine in the sticky, and im still making decent gains. Im not quite ready to jump on an early intermediate split though, but i would like to add a little bit more volume. Any addition exercise or two you can help me fit in to the program? :)
>>
>>37423056
Hi trappy. I'd like to ask m'lady a question. What do i do against back rounding. As soon as my squat and especially deadlift get heavy i round my lower back. At first a thought it was because of a shit set up but i get really tight during the deadlift but as soon as the weight gets heavier i round. I never had any back problems but i am afraid i will have. I was 20 pounds away from a 4 plate squat and deadlifted almost the same weight because of that. What is a good way to build my erectors.
>>
>>37430129
What books do you recommend for someone interested in programming for strength and hypertrophy?
>>
>>37430192
meant for OP
>>
>>37422809
Regarding ankle dorsiflexion mobility exercises, is there an optimal time I should be performing them (before/after lifting) or can I do those at anytime, any day?

I want to assist to a specialised weightlifting gym next year but wanna start making progress on my now reduced mobility/flexibility to save time and money.

Obrigado de antemão, trappy-chan <3
>>
Hey can anyone post trappys 2 day amd 4 day routines aimed at aesthetics? I plan on just dping the dumbbell equivalents of the exercises within them
>>
just did this and i'm fucking trashed. more volume than i've ever done.

chest dip 5x5
squat 5x5
pullup 5x5
power clean 5x3
>>
File: 1442194985304.jpg (109 KB, 476x680) Image search: [Google]
1442194985304.jpg
109 KB, 476x680
>>37430239

Anytime any day.
Doing them before lifting is fine. Ankle and wrist stretching is good and don't negatively affect performance because the muscles involved are not primary movers... for the most part.

>>37430258

All in the website.

>>37430192

If you wanna read on programming, there's:

Practical Programming for Strength Training by Rippetoe and Baker
Science and Practice of Strength Training by Zatsiorsky and Kraemer
Supertraining by Verkhoshansky and Siff
Olympic Weightlifting: A Complete Guide for Athletes & Coaches by Everett
Weightlifting Programming by Takano

These are the major ones that are available in english (Sheiko has very good books but they're all Russian-only for now).
Then there's of course the specialised books, stuff like Lascek's Texas Method books or 5/3/1 books, among many others.

>>37427853

http://fitsticky.com/faq

>>37424389

The estimates are never very accurate. They're just estimates.
But I've found the Wathan formula is usually the most accurate for the most people.

But if you really need to know your 1RM, you're better off testing it.

>>37423228

Bar on top of the middle traps. Retract your scapulae.
Then just go down and then up.
Try to keep your torso as upright as you can. Good ankle mobility (or weightlifting shoes) are gonna be necessary.
>>
File: Rip drill lumbar spine.png (1 MB, 948x1935) Image search: [Google]
Rip drill lumbar spine.png
1 MB, 948x1935
>>37423228

Oh, and open your knees when you descent, so that they track over your toes (which should be angled a bit).

>>37430129

Post videos.
Read pic related.
>>
>>37432620
is it okay to have some forward lean in the high bar squat? i have long ass femurs and there's no way i can remain upright unless i do a front squat.
>>
File: Klokov 250kg Paused Squat.webm (2 MB, 674x560) Image search: [Google]
Klokov 250kg Paused Squat.webm
2 MB, 674x560
>>37432665

Highbar squats always have a little bit of forward lean, because the bar is supposed to stay over the centre of your feet.
But you should >try< to stay as upright as possible.

Keep in mind good ankle flexibility and weightlifting shoes reduce the amount of forward lean.
>>
>>37432684
I have amazing flexibility and weightlifting shoes, plus I've never really felt I had excessive forward lean. However, recently I've developed lower back pain from squatting and I am wondering if this is what causes it.
>>
>>37432753

Post vids
>>
>>37432779
i will once I take some
>>
>>37432779
hey trappy, can you comment on >>37423846
plox
>>
File: 4+days+Push+Pull+TM.png (56 KB, 877x705) Image search: [Google]
4+days+Push+Pull+TM.png
56 KB, 877x705
Will this routine hit my lats enough? Should I be doing chin-ups or pull-ups?
>>
>>37432753
You're probably using your lower back to straighten your back too much instead of keeping your upper back tight as well.
>>
>>37417217
>she
>>
File: 1464287515294.jpg (500 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1464287515294.jpg
500 KB, 1080x1080
>>37432922
>>37423846

>do I need some extra exercises or is pec activation in OHP / pull ups enough?

Depends on what you consider "enough".
Have you tried reverse grip benching or dips?

As for the program, I assume you're maxing out and tring to progress with 5x5 OHP?
If so, you're not gonna progress very far.

>>37432980

Depends on what you consider "enough".
There are chinups in the program. If you prefer more chinups instead of cable rows, just customise it.

>>37427828

Not sure what you expect me to tell you senpai.

>>37425113

Just pick one of the 4-days programs, do 1x5 instead of 3x5 for intensity, and lower the volume as needed.

>>37423943

Lean to clean and do clean & front squats.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGYKQZg-b1FaJbNrQrwYXkP0BVDKdTpPy
>>
>>37433051
by enough I mean will they actually do some work so I can continue benching after a month with +/- old weights or will I need to lower it by 10s of kg
haven't tried reverse grip, dips hurt
should I make it 3x5 and throw in some heavy lateral rises?
>>
A

Squat 3x5
Weighted chest dip 3-5x5
Power clean 5x3
Weighted chin-up 3x5

B

Squat 3x5
Press 3-5x5
Deadlift 1x5

(For the dip and press I'll increase the weight if I get 3x5; the extra 2 sets are just for the sake of it)

Yeah?
>>
A:
Snatch
Snatch pull 6x4
Pull ups 3x8-15
Hanging leg raises 3x10-20

B:
C&J
Front squat 5x5
Push press 5x3
Ab wheel 3x8-15

C:
C&J
Clean pull 6x4
Chin ups 3x4-6
Weighted plank 3x20-50sec

D:
Snatch
Back squat 5x5
Press 5x5
Weighted situps 3x10-20

Also ~20 minutes of stretching after every session

Just trying to get better at snatch and c&j, so no certain rep or sets for them. Doing lots of drills and working on different things until im satisfied and i get good feedback from other trainers / coaches.
>>
>>37433272
Forgot to mention that i'm doing ABxCDxx atm
>>
Best PPL for lifters are the 6 month mark?
>>
Trappy, how can I loose muscle?
Simply eat in a caloric deficit with not enough protein and no exercises? I guess not enough protein in generell should work. Do you know a way to lose muscle fast?
Also, is there a way to lose muscle but not in another specific area? like lose muscle in the back or shoulders but no leg muscle?
and as allways, thanks for you advice, you're great
>>
>>37422983
>Memecada is the hugest waste of time for natty lifters.
It looks like a standard PPLx, are you saying all PPL programs are for roiders?
>>
File: Captura.png (233 KB, 323x346) Image search: [Google]
Captura.png
233 KB, 323x346
Is there any actual reason to do rest days?

I mean, if the best time range to hit the same muscle group is every 72 hours, then you could just do Push Pull and Legs without a pause, couldn't you? Would it be overtraining even if you're not hiting the same muscles?
>>
Give me the best routine for use on a cut.

Right now I'm doing SS, subbing Pendlay rows instead of the power cleans, and adding chinups/dips on alternating days. Is that a good way to go?
>>
File: 1442252402041.jpg (39 KB, 347x464) Image search: [Google]
1442252402041.jpg
39 KB, 347x464
>>37433315

Many examples on http://fitsticky.com/texas-method

>>37433106

>by enough I mean will they actually do some work so I can continue benching after a month with +/- old weights

This is not just about muscle preservation. You won't lift as heavy because you haven't been benching, so your nervous system will need a bit of time before getting used to it again.

In any case, try reverse grip benching. Works well for people with shoulder pain.
But if your shoulder is currently inflamed, let it rest for a while.

>should I make it 3x5 and throw in some heavy lateral rises?

I recommend you alternate between volume and intensity work
Look at the examples on http://fitsticky.com/texas-method

>>37433272

Looks fine for someone who's starting out and not snatching or cleaning heavy weights yet.

>>37433422

>Trappy, how can I loose muscle?

Eat very little and don't work out.

>Also, is there a way to lose muscle but not in another specific area? like lose muscle in the back or shoulders but no leg muscle?

Keep training your legs but not your upperbody.
You'll still lose some muscle mass in the legs if you're eating in a steep deficit, but it won't be so bad.

>>37433470

>It looks like a standard PPLx

No.

>>37433492

>Is there any actual reason to do rest days?

You only make gains, grow, and get stronger during rest. Training is simply causing damage and stress, and making you weaker.
So what do you think?

> if the best time range to hit the same muscle group is every 72 hours

1: Training causes a systemic effect
2: No split is perfect if it includes compound lifts. Your chest works during pull day, your back works during leg day, etc etc etc. And muscles work as stabilizers all the time.

>Would it be overtraining

I don't think you understand what overtraining is.
No, you won't be overtraining. But if you're not resting enough, you just won't grow or get as strong as you could.
>>
>>37433532
Can you post the 5 day PPLxULx? The new sticky is terribly optimized for phones
>>
File: 5 days PPLxULx TM split.png (120 KB, 1142x846) Image search: [Google]
5 days PPLxULx TM split.png
120 KB, 1142x846
>>37433571

>Can you post the 5 day PPLxULx?

It's just an example. Customise it to fit your goals.
The rest of the instructions are written in the page.

>The new sticky is terribly optimized for phones

Can you explain what the issue is? I'd love to be able to improve it.
>>
>>37433605
I can open those pictures in some sort of gallery but it won't let me interact/save them. Anytime I try to 'click' on one it just closes the gallery
>>
>>37433571
>The new sticky is terribly optimized for phones

The only problem I got is looking at the pictures, can't zoom an thus I need to open in a new tab. That's it (>>37433605)

>>37433532
>Many examples on http://fitsticky.com/texas-method

IV/IV split seems neat, should I alternate between squat/deadlift/OHP variations or just use the standard? Currently I alternate with low, high bar and front squat; RDL with regular DL
>>
I'm going on vaycay for a week so I won't have access to a gym.
What's a good workout that I can do at the hotel gyms?
>>
>>37433671
>>37433605
just tried opening the gallery, I have the same problem as >>37433640
can't zoom or save them
>>
>far away from home
>no gym in the area

>only have 1 spinlock dumbbell and 100-some lbs of pl8s i can put on it (literally any poundage from 3-100lbs in 1lb increments, and it's fine for smaller stuff like db ohp and most isos)
>too light for rowing, too light for benching (hough i do pushups with feet elevated and weight on my back)
>too light for any leg-related stuff

I'm 2.75/3.5/4.5
Guessing unilateral is the way to go for now. How would you structure a decent routine out of this (pls no generic 3x8-12 stuff)
>>
File: 9LquL83.jpg (576 KB, 1080x1073) Image search: [Google]
9LquL83.jpg
576 KB, 1080x1073
PPLxPPx Trying to do variations of similar accessory exercises, depending on day A or B, is that a good idea or counter-productive?

Monday Push A Focus on Chest
Few pushups as warmup
Bench press (heavy weight, low rep) // thinking of trying the smith machine since I don't have a spotter and wanna push myself more, bad idea?
OHP (moderate weight, high rep)
Flies dumbbells
Pullover
Cable side & front raises
Skullcrushers, dips
+
Ab/oblique work (cable crunches, ab wheel, planks)

Tuesday Pull A
Weighted pull-ups/lat pulldown w/ narrow grip
Rows (T-Bar, cable with narrow grip)
Facepulls
Shrugs
Curls (standing with barbell)
Hammer curls (dumbbells) + Wrist roller
Shrugs
+
5 minutes warmup, 15 minutes HIIT/hlll sprints

Wednesday Legs + core
Squats
Deadlift (heavy weight, 1x5) // usually do it on Pull A, gonna try it here
Leg press 3x12
Leg curls
Calf raises standing
Back hyperextension weighted
+
+
15-20 minutes stationary bike

Thursday
5 minutes warmup, 15 minutes HIIT/hlll sprints

Friday Push B Shoulders
OHP (heavy weight, 3x5)
Bench (moderate weight, 3x8-12)
Incline DB press 3xF
Cable side & front raises
Cable flies high/low
Triceps pushdowns, kickbacks

Saturday Pull B
// thinking of adding light squats, since I remove the second legs day, maybe once every other week
Deadlift (moderate weight, high rep)
Rows (T-Bar, + Cable close grip)
Weighted chin-ups/lat pulldown w/ close grip
Reverse flyes
Shrugs
Curls (preacher)
Hammer curls (triceps bar) + Wrist roller
+
Calf raises seated

Sunday
LISS
>>
>>37433640
>>37433700
Uploaded them to imgur, does it work for you?
http://imgur.com/a/I9zbY
>>
is it fine to run texas method in reverse?
by that i mean on volume day do cleans, then bench, then squats

i'm always so gassed after squat and bench i dont have the energy to do cleans with good technique
>>
>>37433759
Who is she OP I must know.

Got a thing for the azn women.
>>
File: brehs.jpg (59 KB, 960x921) Image search: [Google]
brehs.jpg
59 KB, 960x921
>>37433605
Hey trappy what you think about this? I'm intermediate btw.
Greg Nuckols, 3xbench 2xsquat 2xdeadlift, intermediate
Day1
Bench
OHP 3x8
Chinups 3x8
Curls 3x8
Tricep 3x8
Day 2
Squat
Deadlift (opposite stance)
Shrugs 3x8
Abs
Day 3
Bench
Chinups 3x8
Curls 3x8
DB OHP 3x8
Lateral raises 3x8
Day 4
Deadlift
Front Squat
Shrugs 3x8
Abs
Day 5
Bench
Rows 3x8
Curls 3x8
Tricep 3x8
Lateral raises 3x8

And facepulls 10xf everyday because my shoulder hurts :c
>>
File: c.jpg (108 KB, 667x1000) Image search: [Google]
c.jpg
108 KB, 667x1000
>>37433828
Google says Vivian Chau
https://www.instagram.com/vchau/
>>
>>37433605
Why do you think 5x5 is worse than 3x5 and what can i do to build up my lumbar erectors. I have seen chinese weightlifters doing high rep rounded back deficit snatch grip deadlifts with lighter weight. Is this dangerous for a person who still wants to lift weights when i am 60
>>
>>37433811
yes it does
>>
File: 1460004853174.jpg (224 KB, 509x786) Image search: [Google]
1460004853174.jpg
224 KB, 509x786
>>37433640
>>37433700

Alright, I'll change things up so that the images open in a new tab instead of using the gallery.

>>37433671

>should I alternate between squat/deadlift/OHP variations or just use the standard

Whichever you prefer. Or a mix of both. If you look in the examples on the page you'll see I have a few which alternate between variations and the main lift for the volume sets.

>>37433699

Scooby has some videos with fun stuff you can do at hotels.

>>37433827

Yes.
If you really wanna focus on the clean though, you might prefer having a separate day for them.

Rip has some examples on the PP book (3rd ed)

>>37433879

5x5 has it's purpose as volume work.
But volume and intensity work are different beasts.

For maxing out, 1-3 sets of 5 works best. 5x5 will just get you stuck on a deload loop forever.

>what can i do to build up my lumbar erectors

Deadlift and deadlift variations. Snatch DL is great for the back.

>rounded back

You don't need to do rounded back work to build your erectors.
Deadlifting with your back straight will build you strong and big erectors.

>Is this dangerous

Not if done correctly.
But those chinese lifters have coaches and health professionals training and taking care of them. You do not.
Stick to straight back pulls for safety.

>>37433853

How does your week look like?

>>37433759

>thinking of trying the smith machine since I don't have a spotter and wanna push myself more, bad idea?

No.
See http://fitsticky.com/faq instead

Hard to understand your program. If you want more feedback, include the details. Sets, reps, % or RPE, progression plan.
>>
>>37433746
Help manes
>>
Trappy, when are you going to let me lay the smackdown on your candy ass? pls respond.
>>
File: 1422971507782.jpg (197 KB, 620x1111) Image search: [Google]
1422971507782.jpg
197 KB, 620x1111
>>37434032
Thanks trappy, I'll ask about the texas method I make in a few days.
Have no cute anime girls for you so have this.
>>
>>37434032
Hey >>37433853 here,
it is
123x45x
on day 3 bench is little bit lighter and on day 5 it is 1 set (AMRAP)
>>
>>37434032
The reason rounded back deadlifts interest me so much is because they actually train the function of the erectors through their full range of motion while straight back work just loads them isometrically.
>>
File: 1458848178662.jpg (49 KB, 680x580) Image search: [Google]
1458848178662.jpg
49 KB, 680x580
>>37434131

Doesn't matter.

Don't get me wrong, you can do it. Just keep in mind you don't have a coach and health professionals looking over you.

>>37434074

Seems fine then.
Though I don't like only having one day of frequency for the back squat. I'd prefer also adding a bit of back squat volume on the second leg day, maybe paused reps.

And I'm also not a fan of alternating the deadlift stances. It's useful if you haven't chosen your main stance yet or haven't experimented with both yet. But for actual training, you should stick to your main.
Just my opinion though. Nuckols obviously has a different opinion on this.

So experiment with it and see what works best for you.

>>37434056

L-london?
>>
>>37434212
Thank you, yea I think I will just do conventional DL, just with lower weight on second day. I'll also try out paused squats and we will see how it goes. Thank you again bby <3.
>>
Rugby strength and conditioning routine.

Day 1:
Power clean
Back squat
Good Mornings
BB bench press
Chinups
Farmer Walks
Sprints x 8

Day 2:
Clean high pulls
Front squats
Romanian deadlifts
Kroc row
Dips
Overhead press
Jog 1.5 km, 50 m sprints every 200m

Day 3:
Clean
Back squat
Seated good mornings
Push press
Pull ups
Static holds
3 km run

Week 1: 3x10
Week 2: 4x8
Week 3: 4x6
Week 4: 4x5
Week 5: 2x5, 3x3
Week 6: 5x5,4,3,2,1
Week 7: 3x6 (deload)
>>
Please rate this PPLxPPLx routine:

Push
Bench press 5 * 8
OHP 5 * 8
Reverse Grip bench press 5 * 8
Lateral raises SS Front raises 4*10
Overhead Tricep Extension

Pull
RDL 5 * 8
Close Grip Pulldowns 5 * 8
Dumbell Rows 5 * 10
Barbell Rows 4* 10
Bicep curls 5 * 8

Legs
Squat 5 * 8
Leg curls 5 * 8
Calf Raises 5 * 12
Ab work

This here inspired me https://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/

Can I optimize this somehow ? Would welcome anything constructive
>>
Best routine if you're gonna hope on the roid train?
>>
>>37435136

If powerlifting sheiko
if bodybuilding whatever
>>
Im cutting and doing some 3 day/week TM. Is it ok if I add reps in intensity day instead of weight? Like I cant add weight and do 5 reps right off the bat need like 2-3 more times till I get to 5 reps and therefore add weight again.
>>
Can I lift 3 times a week and do cardio the other two? Like, Monday, Wednesday and Friday lifting and Thursday and Tuesday cardio. The sticky said I could, but I also heard it ruins gains. There has been some months I lift, can I do it?
>>
yo trappy, what routine should a late intermediate that can't progress weekly anymore run? currently thinking of canditos 6 week, but i'm kind of looking for something that progresses a bit faster than every 6 weeks
>>
>>37435136
Bump, for bodybuilding/aesthetics
>>
>>37422805

kys
>>
>>37434212

Trappy-Chan, novice here, saw the Lyle Mcdonald 3 days Upper-Lower and currently going with it.

I'm pretty much like this >>37422535

Should I keep going with that, or jumping to another routine.?
>>
>>37423229
Most important is to eat.

I'd split those into Chest day, Leg day, and Back day, with a few more exercises fitting the same bill. No need to be excessive though.
Chest:
Bench, DB Flyes, OHP
Back:
Diddly, pullups (in whatever capacity you can do them. Starting is the hardest, as long as you keep doing 1/2 pullup you'll get to 1, then 2 then 3 etc.)
Legs:
Squats, Calf Raises

Do them in whatever quantity you want, aim for about 30 reps total.
>>
>>37415025

Post pics, we need to know
>>
>>37417448
Strong lifts
Ss + accessories
>>
>>37438156

>Strong lifts

Don't ever fucking post in this thread ever again.
>>
Will someone help make me a routine? I was really into powerlifting and was pretty much just doing heavy compounds 3 days a week, but I recently found out I have a degenerative spine thing, and my back hurts all the time and I can no longer squat or DL. I honestly don't know what to do now since that was all I ever knew and I don't know what other resistance exercises I can/should do. HALP.
>>
>>37437699
it's just puffy nipples. nothing more.
>>
>>37414740
trappy email me love letters
[email protected]

everyone else email me dicks or boobs.
>>
>>37415077
5/3/1 is great on a cut. I've gotten stronger using 5/3/1 on cuts

Just make sure you do assistance lifts as well, depends on how minimalist or not you wanna go but there's templates for everything
>>
Can you recommend any 2 day push pull splits that I can run A B A / B A B?
>>
>>37420480
Lookup Agile 8
>>
>>37440137
Where's the shemale to respond now?
>>
>>37441255
women sleep too
>>
>>37441280
Trappy! Girl!

I got a question.

Pullovers. Recommended by many, but never see them make it into the routines you give people. Do you have something against them? Do they suck? Can I try really hard to get you pregnant?
>>
>>37441280
>15.30
>sleeping
>woman
bruh
>>
File: Unbenannt.png (10 KB, 209x325) Image search: [Google]
Unbenannt.png
10 KB, 209x325
Newfag reporting in.
Im sorry if Im asking a FAQ, but I couldnt find it on the fitsticky page...
Im in a gym since a month which has no free weights, Im working out on machines
Im doing 6-9 reps on 10 different machines.

The link below shows the machines aviable in my gym. Im sorry its all in german. Pic related shows where you can take a look at all the machines.
http://www.eisenhauer-training.de/content/unser-angebot/uebungen/f2-bauchflexion

sorry for the inconvinience!
>>
>>37422446
>As per muscle fibre growth, this would be Myofribillar vs Sarcoplasmic hypertrophy.
the fact that you're still wrong about this baffles me, considering how much you evidence you site and your desire to 'help' people.

sarcoplasmic hypertrophy is NOT muscle fibre hypertrophy - so that statement would still be wrong. you would be correct in saying
>hypertrophy is separated into sarcoplasmic and myofibrillar hypertrophy
and you had ample time to say it. you did not.

its no longer just a slip up - you just quite simply didn't know. to which I repeat, stop giving advice about things you dont know about in depth.

you're the same as teenagers who've lifted for 1 year dishing out what they've "learned" - when really they know nothing. take a seat.

late reply because I did other shit and forgot I was posting here
>>
File: Screenshot_20160605-161952.jpg (631 KB, 1181x2051) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160605-161952.jpg
631 KB, 1181x2051
Love me some curls. Standard TM progression on main compounds though.

Any tips for deadlift? Feels like it's lacking for me.
>>
>>37441677
>girl
>>
>>37417448
Greyskull LP
>>
That's my routine: I'm doing something based on Madcow, but instead of using the spreadsheet with percentages, I'm just adding 1 or 2 kg to each lift weekly. After the main exercises, I'm trying to do exercises with more volume to hit each muscle group twice a week, so I get some hypertrophy with bodybuilding purposes. So, my days would look like this:

MON
SQ 50%x5, 60%x5, 75%x5, 85x5, 95x5
BP same thing as SQ
Chin up bwx5, bwx5, weightedx5, weightedx5

Bodybuilding exercises for quads, chest and back (say more Squats 3x10, incline BP 3x10, rows 3x10)

WED
SQ 50%x5, 60%x5, 75%x5, 75%x5
OHP 60%x5, 75%x5, 85%x5, 95%x5
DL 60%x5, 75%x5, 85%x5, 95%x3

Bodybuilding exercises for quads, hams, chest and shoulders (Bulgarian split squats 3x10, leg curls 3x10, DB BP 3x10, Arnold press 3x10)

FRI
SQ 50%x5, 60%x5, 75%x5, 85%x5, 100%x3, 75%x8
BP same as squat
Chin up same as Monday

Bodybuilding exercises for hams, shoulders and back (RDL 3x10, upright row 3x10, seated cable row 3x10, maybe biceps curls 3x10)

What do you guys think?
>>
>>37442120
Switch gyms.
Are you >>37442033?
>>
File: 1240200749082_f.jpg (34 KB, 500x312) Image search: [Google]
1240200749082_f.jpg
34 KB, 500x312
>>37443684
Yes, I am
I will switch gyms if I understand why machines are shit compared to free weights but I can just look that shit up independently without bugging you guys desu.
Assuming youre the guy I asked from the Progress Thread:
Thanks for answering!
I wanted to ask if machines, not free lifting are a meme, shoudlve specified.

But what does SS and custom greyscull mean?
Pic related showed up when I tried googling it.
>>
What are some good full body routines for hypertrophy? I'm getting tired of my PPLx2 and want to fit more yoga and running into my schedule.
>>
>>37434902
Bump
>>
>>37417348
i've noticed all she does, when someone posts a routine, is go "hurr durr texas method".
>>
File: 1444165759320.jpg (76 KB, 300x898) Image search: [Google]
1444165759320.jpg
76 KB, 300x898
>>37414740
Your "Simple 4 day split for novices" tells me to squat after deadlifting. Ain't that bad?
>>
>>37443897
Also, you prefer ULxULxx while Candito's linear progression is LUxLUxx. What's the reason?
>>
>>37443847
You should read the sticky. It covers the machine vs freeweights.
SS - Starting Strength
Greyskull is a similar beginner program, custom means I've just added stuff to it to suit it to my needs and goals.
Now go read the sticky and then read it again.
>>
File: 1390870521617.png (143 KB, 745x543) Image search: [Google]
1390870521617.png
143 KB, 745x543
serious question: why does anyone follow trappy-chan's advice? has he/she ever posted body pics? how do we know trappy isn't a 400-pound ukranian man?
>>
>>37443976
>not secretly hoping he is a 400 lb ukranian man
never gonna make it
>>
File: bbygirl.png (372 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
bbygirl.png
372 KB, 480x640
>>37443976
http://imgur.com/a/SKR7F
Here are some pics of her. Enjoy you fap
>>
File: 1457549820716.jpg (73 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
1457549820716.jpg
73 KB, 540x720
>>37443976
idk why the pink blobs
>>
>>37443944
Will read the sticky! Already read it once but I mustve missed that part...
Might actually have to stay with Machines though because I am too poor to afford a trainer and I have no lifting friends that could be my spotter.
Still thanks for the sound advice!
Regarding your pic from the last thread:
You made some serious progress in those 6 months!!!
If shit goes half as well for me I will be a happy man.
>>
File: 1444870744716.jpg (45 KB, 634x626) Image search: [Google]
1444870744716.jpg
45 KB, 634x626
>>37444010
okay, so it's confirmed that trappy's advice is all secondhand, then, and there's no reason to follow any of it.

glad that's cleared up. goodbye forever, /routine general/
>>
>>37444061

No one cares what summer newfriends think about coach trappy, now back to r/fitness.
>>
File: 1461656606509.jpg (721 KB, 960x1600) Image search: [Google]
1461656606509.jpg
721 KB, 960x1600
>>37414740

Trappy, i'm not shitposting or anything but do you lift at all? Why or why not?
>>
>>37444083
>implying anyone will take your poorly-built bait

calling people summer/newfags or saying they're from reddit is kind of old hat at this point, amigo. you're gonna have to put in some effort.
>>
>>37444125

We all know you're new here, you didn't even know who trappy-chan was. You don't have to act like you're not, just fuck off forever.
>>
pls rate

push pull x push pull x x

monday:
bench 3x5
ohp 5x5
incline bench db or bb 3x10
lateral raises superset with front raises 3x10
skullcrushers 3x8
leg press 5x10-15

tuesday:
bb row 3x5
closegrip pulldowns 3x12
facepulls 3x12
ez bar curls 3x10
hammer curls 3x10
leg curls 3x15
hanging leg raises 3x20

rest

thursday:
ohp 3x5
bench 5x5
closegrip bench 3x8
cable crossovers 3x12
tricep pushdowns 3x10
leg press 5x10-15

friday:
weighted chins 3x5
bb row 5x5/ single arm row/ kroc row / hammer strength one arm row 3x10-8 (whatever i feel like doing)
hammer curls 3x10
shrugs 3x15
leg curls 3x15
finishing up with some forearms

rest

rest
>>
>>37444058
Sorry, but machines will not get you there. I had a friend who was on the machines for months and even had a PT and didn't get ANY gains. Literally none. He started losing his skinnyfat only when he started coming to climb with me. You can also confirm that with a simple observation - go to any bigger gym and take a look at the people there. Notice the difference between people who are working out on machines (you can ignore bodybuilders doing isolations) and the people doing oly lifting, powerlifting or dumbbells.
I've been going to the gym and benched without a spot the entire time. Had to do a few rolls of shame, but it's no big deal. Some benches also have safety rails and if you really want a spot then ask someone in the gym to spot you.

Follow the sticky and do these basic things:
A decent starter problem like SS or GSLP
Eat well
Sleep well

Good luck to you.
>>
>>37444158
Will look at gyms and more advice on SS
Again, thanks for your good advice I really appreciate it!
Good luck on your further progess aswell
>>
>>37444156
Looks good, but why you don't do squats or deadlifts? You can't do them because of some health problems or you just don't like to do them?
>>
>>37444158

The difference isn't machines vs free weights.

Those that stick to machines only often have absolutely no progression scheme, no dietary awareness, low levels of self-efficacy and low adherence rates
>>
>>37444197
Degenerative disc disorder. I tried them many times and it triggers months-long lower back pain every time. I won't try it ever again.
>>
>>37444158
at my gym 90% of the people using machines are bigger than the barbell guys
>>
>>37444890
Because they are advanced lifters who use the machines as acessories along with barbell training?

Or maybe, you know, juice.
>>
>>37444918
nope
nope
>>
>>37444937
>
>>
>>37444958
>
>>
>>37444937
Sure
>>
>>37445044
theres nothing wrong with machines gains-wise, you have been trolled

theyre not advanced cause i started before them. theyre not the type that uses drugs but you can use the drug argument both ways anyway
>>
>>37445098
No one has ever said there is something wrong with machine gains. But they can't hold a candle to barbell compound exercise gains. And yes, the drug argument can be used both ways, but if I see a dude doing bro-split just with machines who is bigger than someone doing high intensity barbell routines, I'm pretty sure which one is using more juice. And the time you've been lifting doesn't tell a lot about how advanced you are, specially if you are using machine routines.
>>
>>37445165
>No one has ever said there is something wrong with machine gains. But they can't hold a candle to barbell compound exercise gains
nice oxymoron
> I'm pretty sure which one is using more juice.
why?
> And the time you've been lifting doesn't tell a lot about how advanced you are
it does to some extent, but the point remains the same. ive seen people make good gains on machines. if your friend got 0 gains on machines there was something seriously wrong with him. losing fat due to climbing is also ridiculous. having a PT doesnt mean shit.
>>
>>37414740
Who else /StrongLifts3x5/ here?
I'm enjoying it
>>
>>37414740
do you have any videos on how to do the different types of pulls? high pulls, clean pulls, snatch pulls, etc.
>>
>>37439450
Wasn't stretching before workout bad for the muscles?
>>
File: DSC03101.jpg (288 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
DSC03101.jpg
288 KB, 540x720
>>37443852

>>37444124

I train weightlifting myself, and coach general strength training and powerlifting.

>>37444036

idk the shirt is kinda uggu
here

>>37445412

>not doing SS with accessories

>>37444156
>>37444866

Looks ok.

>>37443976

My proficiency and quality of advise as a coach doesn't have anything to do with the way I look.

I know it sounds weird for those who are new or that are not used to training with a coach, but athlete and coach are two different professions.

>>37443897

Why would it be bad?
And if you prefer doing the squat first, just do it. I put it second because it's the day you max the deadlift, while you max the squat on both days. So just giving the deadlift attempts a bit more energy.
But depending on your level of advancement, you can just max out the deadlift and squat on both days. In this case you'd probably prefer doing the squat first on both days.

>>37443910

Doesn't matter much at all.
It's just that most people prefer doing upperbody first, as the training is less taxing and tiring than the heavy squats and deadlifts.

>>37443304

Looks fine to me.
Though I'd recommend lateral raises (thumb higher than pinky) than upright rows, simply for rotator cuff health.

>>37443183

>Any tips for deadlift?

Floor pull 2-3x per week instead of only once.
See the examples on http://fitsticky.com/texas-method

>>37441677

Just personal preference. It's an isolation exercise, so it's not anything magical.
Most people find they get a better chest work with cable crossovers than pullovers.
But do the accessories you find fun. There's not a whole lot of difference between the results you get with each.

>>37438886

Why not push - pull+legs - fullbody?
This way you have better frequency of training.
Take a look at the examples on http://fitsticky.com/texas-method and mix the F day of PPLxFxx with a PPxPPxx program, doing P P F.
>>
>>37445215
>why?

Because barbell compound exercises give you more gains.
As I said and you pretend you didn't understand: machines will give you gains. We use them to stimulate the muscles so they can grow bigger and stronger after all. But those gains are inferior to barbell gains. It's that simple
>>
File: 1442252402028.jpg (27 KB, 790x572) Image search: [Google]
1442252402028.jpg
27 KB, 790x572
>>37445446

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEaPUUsRrMbys9JbM3Rruv2fJBhqNNqkh
They have almost everything there.
>>
File: Klokov & Anastasia Squat.webm (2 MB, 630x480) Image search: [Google]
Klokov & Anastasia Squat.webm
2 MB, 630x480
>>37445446

Oh, and
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGYKQZg-b1FYhl4P8OnCd_C2v2tjOC55X
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGYKQZg-b1FaJbNrQrwYXkP0BVDKdTpPy

For the instructions on the main movements.
The variations all follow the same logics of these.
>>
>>37445575
>not doing SS with accessories
I'm doing SL3x5 with accessories which is basically SS but without the cleans, which I'm afraid to do/ dont have a clue how/no PT's know shit
>>
>>37445575
>Why would it be bad?
Because Rip says so. DLs tire your lower back, so you shouldn't do squats after, as to not get hurt there.
>>
File: SS with accessories.png (110 KB, 875x824) Image search: [Google]
SS with accessories.png
110 KB, 875x824
>>37445649

pic related

>>37445733

Same reasoning people use when saying not to squat and deadlift in the same day.
>>
>>37445773
You're not addressing me, just going by default with the usual "SS is best, SL sucks"
those are too many accessories (I'm still beginner), I only do chins and dips.
>>
File: 60yo Rippetoe 227kg DL.webm (1 MB, 577x563) Image search: [Google]
60yo Rippetoe 227kg DL.webm
1 MB, 577x563
>>37445821

Sorry, let me try to explain it:

Do deadlifts instead of rows, so you actually get stronger at deadlifting.
Do chinups or pullups.
Don't progress like Mehdi tells you to. You're never gonna go far with the OHP if you keep trying to add 2.5kg on every workout.
Once you feel the need for extra volume, use the accessory suggestions on that pic as an idea on how to do it.

More info on
http://fitsticky.com/starting-strength
http://fitsticky.com/faq
http://fitsticky.com/novice-programs on the "Getting stuck and getting unstuck" section
>>
>>37445871
The default SS programs has them once a week, I personally prefer keeping them at 1 every 2 because I dont think I can handle them every workout, and rows work my upper back more (and I'm more into it for the aesthetics rather than pure strength)

How would you progress?
I dont necessarily add 2.5kg every workout, since I'm a recovering skelly I have a weak as shit upper body so it's more like 2.5 every 2 or 3.

I added accessories because since I already go light on squats (I'm working on some huge lower body mobility issues) I felt like I could add something.
I ended up going with chins and dips because: a) they're compound, b)help me with other lifts, c) I like doing them, I feel really go about finally being able to do 5 chinups 3 times.
Once I've got some more time under my belt I might move onto pullups and maybe add some shrugs, for maximum neck gains

Regarding getting suck and unstuck, it seems that deloading, switching to 3x5 and adding additionals is helping, still doubt I can add 2.5 every workout (no 0.5 weights in my gym, I think) but it's ok

Now that I have your attention, regarding my squats, I stopped at 50kg because of said mobility issues, I can only squat with stance pretty wider than shoulders and with a butt wink and going a bit fward with my head. Should I stay on this weight and work on my flexibility or continue progressing? It seems like I cant improve
>>
File: Rippetoe 184kg x5 Squat.webm (3 MB, 587x440) Image search: [Google]
Rippetoe 184kg x5 Squat.webm
3 MB, 587x440
>>37446007

>The default SS programs has them once a week

No. You're always floor pulling 3x per week on SS. All deadlifts at the start, and then alternating deadlifts and power cleans.

You only reduce the frequency of floor pulling if you're a woman or not eating enough.

>and rows work my upper back more

Chinups/Pullups work your upper back more

>How would you progress?

Described on http://fitsticky.com/starting-strength

>no 0.5 weights in my gym

See http://fitsticky.com/faq

>I stopped at 50kg because of said mobility issues, I can only squat with stance pretty wider than shoulders and with a butt wink and going a bit fward with my head. Should I stay on this weight and work on my flexibility or continue progressing? It seems like I cant improve

Post video.
Sounds like it's basic stuff that can be fixed without even needing a deload, and others are not even an issue.
>>
File: trappy.png (396 KB, 875x650) Image search: [Google]
trappy.png
396 KB, 875x650
what is current Starting Ass routine? I remeber trappy had updated it, but I couldn't find it.

pic may be related
>>
>>37446061
even though my deadlift is not that heavy (200ish) I wouldnt be able to recover from doing it every workjout. So let's say I'm already Phase 2.

>Chinups/Pullups work your upper back more
already told you I'm already doing chins (and cant do a pullup to save my life), and I cant do that many, so rows are a more reliable source of training.

>progression
your site says I should add weight every workout. I already covered that

>video
I dont have a video, never video'd my squat. I'll try.
What kind of basic stuff? Can you take a guess without it?
didnt I should deload, the weight I'm doing is low enough already
>>
File: SS for girls.png (90 KB, 738x489) Image search: [Google]
SS for girls.png
90 KB, 738x489
>>37446143

>I wouldnt be able to recover from doing it every workout

Light deadlifts. See the image >>37445773

>your site says I should add weight every workout

I was talking about the amount of weight.

>What kind of basic stuff? Can you take a guess without it?

Are you squatting high or low bar?
What shoes are you wearing?
What type of pants or shorts are you wearing?

>>37446140

Depends. If you're a woman I'd recommend doing SS with added accessories for the lowerbody. See pic related as an example.
I only recommend the one your posted if you can't train upperbody, as in trap or mtf.
>>
>>37446143

Oh, and if you find you prefer rows over chinups, then do rows instead of chinups.
Not instead of deadlifts.
>>
File: 1464703972679.png (273 KB, 558x385) Image search: [Google]
1464703972679.png
273 KB, 558x385
AAxBBxx

3x5 each

A
Turkish Get-up
Armenian One-Armed Bandit
Bulgarian Rise-and-Shine
Syrian Bicycle-Pump
Iraqi Back-Scratcher
Romanian Stock-boy

B
Lebanese Cheese-Cutter
Azerbaijani Chicken-Nuggets
Cypress John-Travolta
Macedonian Tummy-Rub
Albanian Hugs
Israeli Vampire
>>
Can I lift 3 times a week and do cardio the other two? Like, Monday, Wednesday and Friday lifting and Thursday and Tuesday cardio. The sticky said I could, but I also heard it ruins gains. There has been some months I lift, can I do it?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 73

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.