[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Im going to the gym next week and was wondering what are some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: download-2.jpg (12 KB, 246x205) Image search: [Google]
download-2.jpg
12 KB, 246x205
Im going to the gym next week and was wondering what are some proper shoes for weightlifting? My friend said flat footed shoes but that's rather vague. Also what kind of shorts/shirts are good for lifting?
>>
I use some sort of compression with under armor gym shorts. I use merrell road running shoes for lifting.
>>
I lift barefoot in my home gym wearing whatever is comfortable and doesn't restrict my movement
>>
>>37414662
>>37414652
Okay thanks. I always buy arched shoes so I'm not too sure what to get for "flat shoes". Friend just said go barefoot but I don't want to be that weird newfag who doesn't wear shoes in the gym.
>>
>>37414612
just wear any short sleeve shirt that isnt nice. i just wear old tshirts and stuff. Only dyels wear tank tops at my gym and very rarely someone who actually lifts. I wear basketball shorts also. Those shoes are good for squats but get a flat shoe for deadlifts.
>>
Those shoes for oly lifts and squats

Chucks for deadlifts and everything else.
>>
Just get a pair of converse and make sure the top bit goes above the ankle, they're pretty good
>>
>>37414727
>>37414723
Can you post pics of recommendations?
Shoes are expensive so I don't want to make a mistake
>>
>>37414744
chucks are like 20 bucks
>>
>>37414744
Not him but I use a pair of "powerlift 2"s from adidas. I use them on deadlifts too, it just feels better.
>>
>that guy that uses oly shoes exclusively for squats.

Everybody is laughing at you try hard. Just fix your form.
>>
I plan on buying from sport Chek because I also get a discount but which pair from this list would be best.
https://www.sportchek.ca/brands/converse/converse-men.html#lastVisibleProductNumber=2

>Tfw size 14 feet
>>
>>37414744
Either what op (you?) posted (adipowers) or Adidas powerlifts (cheaper, Google them).

Chuck Taylors. You know. The famous shoe.
>>
Vans have more arch support than chucks but are more expensive. They also look nice and you can wear them outside of the gym without looking like a hipster
>>
If you will squat low bar with a relatively wide stance, wear Chucks for all your lifting.

If not, a weightlifting shoe with a raised heel (like the one pictured above) is good, especially if you will be doing high bar and front squats, or even low bar with a pretty narrow stance.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.