[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help with my squat form
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3
File: Crying-Frog-Meme-16.jpg (210 KB, 600x583) Image search: [Google]
Crying-Frog-Meme-16.jpg
210 KB, 600x583
https://youtu.be/SeuAh_JOsDs
>tfw turbo manlet
>can't even do the exercise my kind is known for

I'm not even going low enough, how can I fix this? Yes, I am very short, 5'3. No, I am not underage, My body is "forever a boy" mode.
>>
>>37411003
that was painful to watch op
>>
>>37411039
So is my life
>>
i cringed, just stop being a ballerina, and get your heels to the ground
>>
>>37411003

Try looking at any legit technique video on the squat, because that looks less like mobility issues and more like having no bloody idea what you're doing.
>>
>>37411003
0 (ZERO) reps
>>
>>37411065
>>37411069
It's seriously that bad?

I'll watch more video thanks
>>
Keep your heals planted.
Let all the weight get pressed up through your heals.
Don't bounce.
>>
>>37411003
start with lower weight. body weight even. only progress when you can do a set with good form. do a ankle mobility stretch routine from now on prior to squating (youtube 70s big stretches for lifts for example). get out of those fucking runners and squat barefoot or put your heels on a pair of 10 lbs plates
>>
are you 14

this is the kind of people I expected frog posters to be like tbqhwyf
>>
>>37411132
I'm 18, I'll probably always look really young until I'm 40
>>
You have shit technique. Learn good technique. Google "dan john squat video." Reap easy gains from manlet-nigger genetics and teenager hormones over the next 7 years.
>>
>>37411157
You're still growing don't lose hope until your mid 20s at least.
>>
>>37411003
how can a black person lack any athleticism? i'm confused.
>>
>>37411003
Try breaking at your knees, sit all the way down with your back as straight as possible, push through your heels and push your hips up.

You're like breaking at your hips and then your knees for some reason, it's weird. JUST keep your back as straight as you can, break at your knees and sit down. It's simple
>>
>>37412721

Seconding this.

Watching Max Aita squat helped me tremendously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrwiddA_8CQ
>>
Why do people have shit squat mobility? Is it from sitting on chairs?
>>
lul nigs on 4chan
>>
>>37412741
You don't need to watch a 40 minute youtube video.

it's easy.

Step 1: Lower the weight, use something you can handle. Start with 65lbs, FUCK IT start with just the bar if you have to.

Step 2: Place the bar comfortably on your traps, hold it tightly

Step 3: Stand at a comfortable foot width, this is different for each person

Step 4: Break at knees and sit down below parallel as far as your mobility allows (make sure back is as straight as it can be, it will lean a little forward obviously but not excessively)

Step 5: Push through heels and hips, make sure your back does not rise too early

Step 6: repeat
>>
You're quarter squatting. You're not squatting, look up some videos on how to squat and never quarter squat again.
>>
>>37412549
I've given up, I just want to go T Rex mode and be stocky

>>37412659
I didn't play sports at all growing up or even in middle school, I didn't touch a basketball until 8th grade and didn't want to play until 10th

>>37412799
I'll make sure to remember this tomorrow, really solid advice thanks
>>
>>37413273
>I'll make sure to remember this tomorrow, really solid advice thanks

Yeah dude it's simple. You just gotta feel it out, but the basics are that.
>>
>>37411003
What you're doing is called ego lifting, and at a pathetic weight for that matter. Drop the weight and learn then u can put up lmao1plate.
>>
>>37413352
This shit was light nigga fuck you I just had bad form

I could do the same amount with good form
>>
>>37411003
You're clearly too weak for that weight. Drop it down to something more manageable.
>>
>>37413373
If you could do it with good form then why didn't you do it and why did u even have to post?
>>
>>37413397
I didn't know my form was THAT bad
>>
>>37413373
>Legs literally shaking and buckling under the weight
>"nigga fuck you I just had bad form"
>>
Your depth is way too low. You are going to destroy your knees doing that
>>
>>37413409
I mean you wrote "I'm not even going low enough" so clearly you know it is that bad. Don't be a bitch when people say you're ego lifting cause you clearly are, you weak, weak manchild.
>>
>>37413436
OK
>>
>>37412799
Is this a high bar or a low bar squat?

Is this a quad-focused version? Sorry for the stupid question. I just started SL and am trying to learn.
>>
File: ss+(2016-06-02+at+08.43.57).jpg (30 KB, 622x350) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-06-02+at+08.43.57).jpg
30 KB, 622x350
>>
how can you even be this fucked up f a m
>>
not op but is he squatting to fast?
>>
>your kind
so you're filipino?

anyways, your form is fucking terrible.
First off, lower the fuckin weight you dumbass.
Second, why are you taking so many steps back, then forward? Plant your fucking feet you fob.
It was horrifying watching that video. Each rep you went down, it looked like you were going to tilt over.
>>
>>37413523
>Is this a high bar or a low bar squat?

This is a high bar squat
>>
File: 180kg.gif (4 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
180kg.gif
4 MB, 960x540
Recently started squatting after being on a brosplit for 18 months. I have no idea about my form, plz halp.
(4pl8, 180kg.)
>>
>>37411003
wassup nigga?

drop that weight and go to just below parallel, keep weight on your toes

easy fix
>>
>>37416099
You're losing tightness and getting some rounding on the ascent still this is unit picky as fuck generally good form
>>
>>37411003

On the off chance this is actually you, OP, this is an 18+ website so GTFO.

Now, take all the weight of the bar, take the pins off the rack, find and adult, and have them show you how to do the full ROM. When you can do it perfectly 3x10 with just the bar, you can add 25lb to each side, and repeat the process.

after that you can give 1pl8 a try but only under supervision

>seriously
>that gym is itching for a lawsuit
>kids+weights==gym gon be shut down
>>
>>37416099
that lower back rounding is caused by going too low, you should be hitting barely below parallel. ass to grass is a meme

it is a meme because squatting too far below parallel naturally causes your back to round. so you technically do have good form, its just bad for your lower back, places too much pressure on it
>>
>>37416172
Go to bed dyel none of the things you said shows understanding of how lifts are performed. You can go atg safely and has been done with 300kgs however you need to have the mobility and ability to stay tight throughout the lift
>>
A co-worker of mine suddenly got a growth spurt when he was 22, went from 5'4" to like 5'6" in half a year.
Though depending on luck like that is not very realistic, you might as well learn to live with it
>>
>>37411003
zero ankle mobility, stretch your ankles everyday
also you have to stretch daily and try to do bodyweight squats till you're comfortable sitting in a deep position
>>
>>37416125
>>37416172
Thanks! Another thing im wondering is how i should position my feet? shoulder width? should the toes be straight forward or should they point out at a 45 degree angle like mine does?
>>
>>37416251

that's not the problem... look how close his feet are together, he needs to widen his stance.
>>
>>37416269

ok i just rewatched it, it might partially the problem and he probably should work on that but widening his stance would allow him to squat with good form for the time being.
>>
>>37416265
Pointed bit more out tightness loss is usually from dive bombing try to control your descent and hold the valslava throughout again though your rounding is very minimal so I wouldn't play around with too many variables
>>
fucking a.

take your time setting up. youre rushing and destroying form. if youre not hitting depth then youre doing too much weight.
>>
>>37416265
jump off the floor and land. thats how your feet should be positioned. dont make it unnatural. also atg is most definitely a meme. go as low as you can while maintaining a straight back, and if you start bending it means that youve gone further than you can handle. NEVER SACRIFICE A STRAIGHT BACK FOR ANYTHING. especially fat people on the internet
>>
>>37411003
>feet wider
>heels in, toes out
>knees out while you squat
Bam, depth.
>>
>>37416324
All this shit advice just post a video of your squats guarantee you're sub 3pl8 squatter.
>>
>>37416285
>>37416269
whenever your heels get off the ground, its ankle mobility issues and that's his biggest issue right now

feet wider/narrow doesn't matter that much, and his stance isn't even that narrow to begin with
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.