[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hi /fit/ first-time poster here. i read the sticky but i was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
hi /fit/ first-time poster here. i read the sticky but i was hoping to get advice that was a bit more tailored to my personal body type *pun intended;)

i'm a skinny manlet and i weigh about 125 pounds. i have pretty much no muscle at all, and my goal for this summer is to bulk up, or at least get some more defined muscles.

every time i work out, my muscles react immediately, and i look really awesome for a few hours afterward, but after that, i revert back to my lame, skinny self.

can you please help me build and retain some muscles for this summer?

pic is me, but i just did some pushups, so i look a litttle better than normal
>>
i should probably add that i don't have access to a gym this summer. although i could get a membership if absolutely necessary, i would prefer not to because i'm broke
>>
File: 1450337932059.jpg (552 KB, 1625x1117) Image search: [Google]
1450337932059.jpg
552 KB, 1625x1117
b-bump
is this board slow or do you just hate me?
>>
>>37409113
Jesus dude if you read the sticky just do what it says. There's no personal tailored advice for someone starting from scratch. Just lift weights (do SS or SL) and try to eat at a small surplus (200-300 Cal).
>>
>>37409670
Read the sticky
>>
>>37409113
Eat food and lift weights. I don't really know what you are looking for here.
>>
File: 1411975701823.jpg (2 MB, 2481x6600) Image search: [Google]
1411975701823.jpg
2 MB, 2481x6600
>>37409113

You've got a decent base. Regardless of your access to a gym, get on your diet, clean it up, start tracking macros and calories - those are skills that will help you for the rest of your life.

If you really can't get to a gym until next fall, then run a bodyweight routine until you can. You can probably run pic-related daily if it's the only thing you're doing - just take a rest day if you're feeling particularly sore.

When you do get to the gym, be sure to run a beginner routine for 6 or so months to build a solid strength base.

Good luck, bro.
>>
>>37409113
Read sticky
>>
>>37409250
You're not gonna get swole without a gym. There's just really not any way around it. If you'd read the sticky, you'd know that.

i.e. read the sticky until you understand what you're supposed to do
>>
File: 1432550657981.png (768 KB, 2143x1912) Image search: [Google]
1432550657981.png
768 KB, 2143x1912
>>37409113
>>37409250
>>37409670
Read the sticky and work out
>>
>>37409113
>every time i work out, my muscles react immediately, and i look really awesome for a few hours afterward, but after that, i revert back to my lame, skinny self.

It's called a pump you goob. Read the sticky.
>>
ok well it sounds like the consensus is that there's no specific approach for my body type. sorry if that was a dumb question, but as you can tell i'm not very experienced with this stuff.

thanks for the advice. i'll just get to liftin
>>
>>37409694
whats SL
>>
>>37409931
>reads sticky
>doesn't post pic of ass as is customary
Summerfags
>>
>>37409931

>ok well it sounds like the consensus is that there's no specific approach for my body type

Like I said, you've got a solid foundation.

You're not obese.
You're not skinny fat.
It appears like you have at least some base physicallity.

Pick a novice program from fitsticky.com and hit the gym. Google a TDEE calculator and eat 300 calories over. Track your calories, track your macros, track your weight weekly.

Lift big, eat big, get big.

Good luck.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.