[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
does it matter what the source of proteins/carbs/fat is to fit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: cokedOutPepe.jpg (27 KB, 472x461) Image search: [Google]
cokedOutPepe.jpg
27 KB, 472x461
does it matter what the source of proteins/carbs/fat is to fit my macros?

is there a difference between getting all my calories from chicken, broccoli, rice and fish oil vs protein shakes and weight gainers (with low gi carbs)?
>>
Are you hitting your micros?

Are you getting enough fibre?

Are you getting enough phytonutrients?

Are you consuming any unhealthy chemicals?
>>
>>37408298
yes
yes
no
no

i'm getting enough of all of those, i was just wondering if there's a functional difference between let's say eating 150g worth of protein from chicken or 150g worth of protein from a protein shake. is one better than the other or is it all the same as long as it satisfies the daily macro requirement?
>>
>>37408329
Protein is protein. As long as they have the right amino acids, you're good.

BTW multivitamins are a sham unless you get expensive ones.
>>
One possible difference would be how filling it is. If you're trying to bulk, it can be hard to physically eat that much food. If you're trying to cut, you want to feel as "full" as possible so that you're not tempted to cheat. So you want your food to take up either more or less "real estate" in your stomach depending on what your goal is.
>>
>>37408329
In a protein shake it's amino compounds chemically extracted from milk (usually milk anyway).

With chicken breast you're eating the flesh of an animal. So you're bound to have lots of other neat stuff bound up with the amino compounds.

Protein powder is a meme. You've been sold to if you worship that shit.
>>
>>37408261
>does it matter what the source of proteins/carbs/fat is to fit my macros?
yes. generally, the amount of calories you eat decide whether you gain or lose weight, the macros and training decide how much of the weight gained/lost is fat/muscle, and the particular foods you eat will affect your health.
>>
>>37408329

>Are you getting enough fibre?
>yes
>i was just wondering if there's a functional difference between let's say eating 150g worth of protein from chicken or 150g worth of protein from a protein shake

The difference is theres's no way in hell you're getting enough fiber
>>
>>37408621
whey is one of the highest quality protein you can eat, better than meat. it's also quite cheap. it's not a bad idea at all unless you base your whole diet around it.
>>
>>37408645

ding ding ding
>>
>>37408621
>chemically extracted

Do you not know what whey is?
>>
>>37408261
Yes, Bio availability.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.