[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /fit/, a TV show promoting health and toughness. Will you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: srgwr.jpg (151 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
srgwr.jpg
151 KB, 1000x500
So /fit/, a TV show promoting health and toughness. Will you watch?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQQ2gSsFYUs
>>
>female competitors
>spartan

The fuck would I watch a show that promotes women as actually being athletic?

A under 15 boys state soccer team here in Australia (12,13,14 year olds) just had a friendly game against the Australian women's soccer team and beat them 7-1.
>>
Hell yeah. Back when I was hitting the gym in college, me and my roommate would always watch American Ninja Warrior when it was on.

The trailer for this really hams it up, but thats primetime television for you- I have a feeling it'll be more entertaining than it looks. I'm looking forward to seeing some dope comradery and awesome athleticism. If it can deliver that, I'm sold.
>>
>>37405651
probably not. all these spartan races, tough mudders, and whatever are stupid as shit.
>>
wouldnt be that surprised if a new king of fit came out of it
>>
File: 1463835678826.jpg (57 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1463835678826.jpg
57 KB, 640x480
>>37405692
because literally anything that keeps women from turning into SJW hambeasts is a good thing?

You're not a big picture person are you? So what if they aren't naturally athletic. The effort of trying keeps them hot.
>>
>>37405651
>Luke, I love you!

Jeez calm down
>>
>>37405651
>spartan
>elite
Literally any highschool athlete can do this shit. My girlfriend did one of these with her friends and she only goes jogging a few times a week.
>>
>>37405889

>what is marketing to normies?
>>
>>37405692
>female competitors
>spartan

What's your point?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heraean_Games

"The Spartan exercise regimen for girls was designed to make them "every bit as fit as their brothers".[14] They learnt to ride,[15] and votive offerings have been discovered depicting Spartan women on horseback.[16] Other exercise for Spartan women included running, wrestling, throwing the discus and javelin, and "trials of strength".[15] It is possible that Spartan girls exercised naked, and Archaic Spartan art certainly portrays naked girls, unlike the art of other areas of Greece.[5] Girls might have competed in gymnopaedia, the Spartan festival of naked youths.[17] They also competed in running races for various festivals, of which the most prestigious was the Heraean Games.[18]"
>>
>>37405889
Yeah. Spartan races are the most expensive t shirt you'll ever buy. The cheap obstacle races are over $100. And look at the people who have spartan race shirts: skinny fat men, out of shape women, some short fat guy at my gym... Why do people think it's difficult?
>>
>>37405813
Obstacle courses are cool but mud is for fucking pigs. People who play in mud are disgusting and the ones who PAY to run in shit bacteria infested water are less intelligent than pigs.
>>
File: 1433311447876.jpg (92 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1433311447876.jpg
92 KB, 1280x720
>>37405801
>but thats primetime television for you
the show looks like shit because it is shit
>>
>>37405692
>A under 15 boys state soccer team here in Australia (12,13,14 year olds) just had a friendly game against the Australian women's soccer team and beat them 7-1.

You know how I know you play soccer?
>>
File: image.gif (999 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
999 KB, 500x374
>>37405927
>gymnopaedia, the Spartan festival of naked youths

I need a time machine
>>
>>37405692
hurrdurr men are more athletic than women so women should just gtfo and never try.

You're an idiot.
>>
>>37405651
>running through mud and stupid obstacles like little kids
>calling yourselves spartans
fucking disgusting
>>
>>37405692
I'm of the opinion that women are shit athletes in comparison to men, but breh, using that as an example is retarded. They let them win. It sounded bad in the headline like the high school kids had their way with them, but if you read the article it was glaringly obvious the women let them win.

Use a concrete example like this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Sexes_%28tennis%29#1998:_Karsten_Braasch_vs._the_Williams_sisters
>>
>>37406100
Nothing good comes out of events like this, only to make the kids feel good but damn
>>
>>37405651
A reality show for lunks.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.