[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Before you started lifting, were you skinny or fat? and what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 10
Before you started lifting, were you skinny or fat?

and what do you think, what is easier to fix, being to skinny or being fat
>>
Skinny

Logic tells me it must be harder to start fat

But my heart tells me that fug those fatties have it too easy
>>
skinny

fatties have it easier by a margin, skellies struggle with both lifting and eating
>>
>>37404004

Skinnyfat nearing chubby. Was at like 26-ish% bf. 2 years later I'm sitting at around 14%
>>
>>37404004
skinny

i think starting fat is easier because.. try to eat when you not hungry..
>>
>>37404004
when you are skinny you need to gain muscle when you are fat you need to gain muscle AND lose fat

this question is dumb
>>
>>37404004
who is this fluid druid?
>>
So many skellies on fit now
>>
>>37404004

overweight but not obese, i didn't look extremely fat when i was wearing clothes.
>>
File: 1336524518391.jpg (85 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1336524518391.jpg
85 KB, 600x600
>asian red head
>>
>>37404004

Fat. I'm biased but I'd say starting fat is more difficult. You have to lose a lot of fat while retaining the little muscle you have. Lifting on a big deficit can be hard and demotivating because you will stall a lot, then retraining yourself to eat at maintenance or a small surplus.

Skellies just have to eat more and if they can't do it with whole food making calorie bomb shakes with peanut butter and whey and shit is easy.
>>
I was fat, it's obviously hard both ways unless you are fat and have already muscles, then you just need to cut and even if it's not that easy, it's just about getting used to a routine and diet.
But if you are a fat fuck who never moved a finger in his life then it's really harder than starting skinny because being in auschwitz mode would only require eating more food and exercise frequently while on the other hand you would have to nail the perfect numbers of calories everyday to have the right amount of energy to spend but not to store as fat.

tl;dr version:

being skinny
>hard

being fat with some muscles
>not as hard but still not easy

being a fat lazy cunt:
>extremely fucking hard
>>
Fat manlet down 40 pounds, doing pretty good.

Starting fat is harder, there's a lot of underlying issues you have to change as well.

>Completely change your diet from excessive garbage to clean
>actually gain some discipline and self control
>deal with stretch marks and loose skin
>Explain change of lifestyle to family and friends when they want to order pizza or have drinks
>Stress on knees during cardio cause so much extra weight
>Deal with Possible addiction to garbage like soda and alcohol and sugar
>More likely to injure self due to more stress on body

Vs.

>Eat a little more
>Move a little more
>Look in mirror and feel skelly
>>
6'1" 280+ pounds

No way in shit is it harder to start off skinny, have you ever felt like you were starving for 2 year in a row?
>>
>>37404004
>perfectly cute redhead freckled asian/finn/something
>completely, utterly ruined by that asinine septum ring
Why does she have to be mentally retarded?
>>
>>37404719
>Stress on knees during cardio cause so much extra weight
If you're fat, you're better off not running, and doing something like cycling, swimming, rowing, or elliptical instead until you have a tolerable weight. Especially if you're experiencing shin splints or knee pain, you can cause permanent damage if your footfalls are too heavy.
>>
>>37404004
Who is this testicle temptress
>>
File: zgpfyhxz.jpg (113 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
zgpfyhxz.jpg
113 KB, 600x600
>>37404004
I fixed her. Such a shame. Why ruin yourself pinning a piece of garbage to your face?
>>
File: 1456090545914.jpg (138 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
1456090545914.jpg
138 KB, 1000x667
>>37404004
Literal perfection. I'll never get a girl.

And to answer your question OP it's easier for fatties without a doubt. It's just a matter of eating less.
>>
>>37404090
but progress is far better visible when you're fatty. You can get compliments on your progress after a month while skinnys have to eat and lift for 6 months to be noticeably different.
>>
>>37404004
Started really skinny.

Starting fat is easier in my opinion.

I struggle a tons to eat, i was eating until almost puking, i was so full one time that i felt asleep at work for some minutes until my snore woke me up...
When you eat that much you are always tired because you have to digest it...

Fat is basically not eat TOO MUCH, lifting is easy cause you are strong since you are fat, losing fat is a lot more easy than gaining mass.
>>
>>37404004
Skinnyfat
Lovehandles as fuck
>>
>>37404948
Do you think all fat people are just bearmode with high bf? Fat doesn't mean you have muscle except maybe in your calves bro...
>>
>>37404948
how? if you're legit fat not "i used to train football and had to go to the gym but just couldn't stop eating" fat, which would already give you a base, that means you have to go from fat to skinny, then from skinny you need to bulk up all the while stressing a fear of getting fat again.
>>
I was already athletic and built. Years of sportsl, manual labor, and a good diet led to my body already being what most men aspire to, on day one of my weightlifting adventure. I find it strange you assume only unhealthy/former unhealthy people would go to gym/here. Not everyone in yhe gym lived a gross lifestyle abd a gross diet before going.
>>
>>37404004
I wanna make beautiful ginger babbys with her.
>>
File: 1460941656084.jpg (93 KB, 960x952) Image search: [Google]
1460941656084.jpg
93 KB, 960x952
>>37404004
I was 128 lbs when I started at 23 years old, now at 200 lbs, and decently strong (1500 lb pl total).

Being fat or skinny when you start doesn't matter as much as whether or not you've been sedentary your whole life.

If you wasted your teen years playing vidya instead of doing sports and letting your body learn motor patterns, then getting fit will be harder for you.
>>
>>37404004
I was fat. Fat and weak and pathetic.

For most? Going from skinny to /fit/ is easier. Then again my perception may be skewed, cause I gain muscle and strength very easily.

It's like I reached a certain point where something just clicked in my body, and from there I didn't even need to bother with protein shakes or six meals a day.
>>
>>37404004
Was fat, still about 20 lbs overweight desu, its way easier to gain than lose imo
>>
>>37404858
Lmao so uptight
>>
>>37404004
Fat.

I would say both are equally difficult. A friend of mine is a 120lb skelly bro and I'm a 260lb fat ass. I lift way more than him, but I still just look like a fat slob. He's getting stronger and eating more, but still looks like a skeleton. One day we'll meet in the middle and look like normal humans.
>>
>>37405243
I think former fatties gain muscle and strenght easier because we are used to eat a lot, while skellies just fail at that.
>>
i was skinny af, it's probably harder for fatties because they obsess over losing weight while attempting to lift and potentially put it on. they also already have shit diets that need fixing. I just had to eat more. put 25lbs on my first year, now 5 years later I've put on 50lbs total. yeaa boiii
>>
>>37404004
Skinnyfat
5'9 170lbs @>20%bf
>>
>>37404004
Fat. And like almost everyone I'm going to go with my own starting point. ie, fat.

If you're fat then you're already used to a shitty diet that you need to fight against. An average skinny guy or skinny fat guy might already be eating healthy and just needs to eat even more of the same to get bigger.

Further. The skinny guy probably doesn't need to gain weight at the same rate as the fat guy needs to lose it. For example a fat guy might need to lose 50 lbs over the course of year of getting into shape while the skinny guy needs to gain lets say, 15 lbs of pure muscle in that same year.
>>
>>37404096
>>37404747
>>37404808
>>37404898
>>37405216
erikatvs on insta

>16
fuck me
>>
>>37404858
Thanks grand ma
>>
i was skinny
i guess for strength training starting fat is slightly better than starting skinny but for bodybuilding starting skinny gives you an incredible advantage
>>
>>37404004
skinny. i was a literal anorectic male. i can now go in a store and buy a shirt in size S that fits, but i think my anorexia fucked up my potential for gains because i have no hair on my chest while my father, sister and brother are hairy bears

i guess fatties have it easier, they do after all have muscles under their fat
>>
>>37404004
fat. easier because someone with a small frame has no chance.
>>
Fat. It must be harder starting skinny. It's really easy to lose weight DESHUSAMPO. Hop on an EC stack, count calories and start lifting. Plus you have fat guy muscle base so if you weren't completely sedentary your lifts won't suck.

After 4 months of cutting and trying get back to maintenance having a protein shake and peanut butter on toast for Brekky made me feel like I was gonna puke.

Skelly's got it bad man
>>
I was already decently muscular and probably in the 14-16% bf range when I started lifting due to a proper childhood of sports, outdoors activities and parents that beat some sense into me about eating and general life choices

I feel bad for kids that got cucked into being skinny or fatty betas, kek.
>>
>>37404004
skinny aushwitz mode

>fatties have an easier time gaining strength
>skinny people have an easier time to get the body they want
>both have bad eating habits that they have to fix
>>
>>37404004
What a grotesque mongoloid.
>>
>ITT: everyone says they had it worse

I guess we can agree that skinny people find it easier to cut and fat people easier to bulk.
Both have to start with a phase t hey struggle with so both think they had to do the harder task.
>>
Went from hamplanet mode to spooky skeleton and then bulked up.
I weighed 133kg then 61 and now I weigh 79kg. Recovering from fatty is WAAAAYYY harder than bulking up from being skinny. These skinny motherfuckers complaining they can't bulk up are fucking pussies.
It's harder to lessen with something you both need and are addicted too, than to just eat a bit more than you did before.
>>
Both are difficult but the fatties have to drop weight and then add muscle while skinnies just add muscle. Obviously there can be some muscle gains while cutting for a fatty but it's also dependent on what the starting weight is.

There isn't a simple answer to such a complicated process
>>
Skinny

Skinny is harder. Think of it this way.
To gain weight, you must actively do something (Forced eating)
To lose weight, you must do nothing (Don't eat)

Doing vs not doing, fat to skinny 100% easier.
>>
>>37406634
That's like saying doing nofap is easier than masturbating when you're horny

You're not doing something your body your hormones and you instincts WANT you to do

Jesus Christ you skellys are autists
Just drink the goddamn milk and stop whining
>>
I was a skelly and it's definately easier. Cutting is horrible when you've learned to eat properly. But I guess everyone is different.
>>
>>37404004
They're both pretty easy to fix.
One has to feel like they're starving, the other has to feel like they want to throw up, it's just getting over the mental aspects and sticking to a routine.

I'd say it's harder being skinny in the gym than fat though, as a side thought. Being skinny you could possibly not even be able to lift the bar, bad form can fuck you up faster with no fat to rely on. The only benefit skinny people have in the gym to start vs fat people is pull ups.
>>
Skellyfit
I'm tempted to say skinny, just because how fucking hard it was to start putting on pounds, but most fatasfatasses subside off Snickers and Sunny D, so I'd imagine changing their diet is a bit more radical than choking down an extra 1500 calories a day
>>
>>37405715
>>
One major flaw I see in posts like >>37404719
You guys do realize skinny people can have diabetes and shit right? There are a lot of skinny people who just drink soda and eat brownies instead of actual meals. They don't eat better than you, they simply eat less than you.
I think the only valid thing I've read is having more stress on your joints from the extra weight. Discipline, self control, etc all go hand in hand whether you're obese or a skeleton.
Also as a skinny person, you get stretch marks from your skin expanding too fast when for two decades previously it was tight to your bones. It's certainly not as bad as an obese person would suffer though. However bad form when you're a skeleton can fuck you up quick, you have little to fall back on unlike the overweight counterpart.
>>
ITT fatties with stretched stomachs unable to comprehend why people can't gorge on a daily basis

If you haven't been pounding cake down your throat for the past 5 years, bulking is active work.
>>
Both :'(
>>
>>37406706
>Being skinny you could possibly not even be able to lift the bar

How does such a person even function
>>
>>37406776
Bulking is active work if you're retarded and don't get your intake from liquids and calorie dense stuff
>>
>>37404004
being fat is way harder.

You have to work out for quite sometime before seeing any kind of results, or even start to look better.

Plus being fat, it's harder to force yourself to workout, low energy, dragging extra weight around, blah blah. Then there's loose skin if you are actually obese.

Skinny, you put on a bit of muscle, and you look shredded. Small, but shredded.
>>
File: 1464487745714.png (2 MB, 1000x967) Image search: [Google]
1464487745714.png
2 MB, 1000x967
>>37405682
>equating gaining pounds of muscle to dropping pounds of fat
>>
>>37406832
>Implying fat people don't have to put on muscle too after they're done
>>
>Before you started lifting, were you skinny or fat?
No

>and what do you think, what is easier to fix, being to skinny or being fat
Whichever is the furthest away from their goal in terms of weight

Stupid fucking questions thread
>>
>>37406795
>what is clean bulking?
>>
>>37404742
>have you ever felt like you were starving for 2 year in a row?
Skellies learn to suppress and ignore that feeling. So yes. And for a lot more than two.
>>
>>37406850
It's you making your own life harder then whining about because you're so useless
>>
lol at some of these responses.

I was a skeleton when I started.

Fatties have it way harder. Itll take way longer for them to achieve good results also.
>>
>>37406756
>You guys do realize skinny people can have diabetes and shit right?
Diabetic here, this has never had an affect on my goals or work in getting fit. Mentality is the primary mover.

>They don't eat better than you, they simply eat less than you.
That's exactly what he said: eat more.

I was neither over nor underweight when I started but I have to agree with him, you have more complications to deal with first when you're fat. As a skeleton it's almost all mental and your progress will be much faster.
>>
You can lose fat faster than you can gain muscle. So this may give off the illusion of being "easier" but really its still just calorie math.
>>
i think skinnyfats have it worse. cutting down to no muscle must be horrible. many fatties cut down to at least something simply cause they've been carrying their bulk around for so long
>>
>>37404004
was fat, still worried about eating too much in fear of getting fat again.
>>
>>37404924
I don't know I've never depended that much on compliments since I've been alone my whole life
>>
>>37406841
>implying you can't build muscle while dropping fat
>implying fat people wouldn't already have muscle unless they're sedentary potatoes
>>
>>37407012
>Implying it would be enough muscle
>Imolying it would be aesthetic muscles in the right amounts on the right places
>>
skinny need to put more effort in but they can achieve good results quicker if they do so
>>
>>37406900
>Completely change your diet from excessive garbage to clean
>Deal with Possible addiction to garbage like soda and alcohol and sugar

That's exactly what he said, I was stating that skinny people can have this exact same problem. If you wanted to simplify things you could say the same thing for fat people.

>eat less
>move more
>>
>>37404004
fat is harder.

>hormonal bullshit
>pseudo-gyno or gyno
>don't even know where to go when you start
>fat tissues aromatize test
>>
>>37407993
>hormonal bullshit
>fat tissues aromatize test
Being underweight also kills test, they also get osteoporosis issues depending on how bad skelly.
>>
I was a fat shit and got in shape, got fat again, lost the weight with no lifting so I was skelly mode and I can safely say that "starting" from skelly is way easier

I went on a crashdiet to lose the weight so you can imagine my body comp was fucked
>>
I was very skinnyfat.

Not obese, but I had 30 lbs of fat to lose before I was lean.

Then I was a Mr. Skeltal and had to bulk up.

I'd say they were both hard in their own way, but losing weight was easier.
>>
>>37404004
I'd say both are equally hard, however, it is WAY easier for skellies to be aesthetic and put on slabs of muscle without getting fat.

keep in mind that former fatties still have the same amount of fat cells as they did when they were hambeasts... those fat cells don't just dissapear, they shrink
>>
>>37404004
wow , never seen a asian ginger ?!
hot as fuck.
>>
>>37405715
legal here |:~)
>>
>>37404044
lol fattys have it easier. All they have to do is just lose their disgusting fat and they they reach 12% bf they will be moderately built.

mean while skinnys have to train their ass of for years to look normal.
>>
>>37408928
Same, but I'm 30. Feels weird
>>
Fat people have an advantage in that they already have very muscular legs from hauling around all of that lard.
>>
>>37408984
I'm cutting for 1.5 years. I've lost 50 lbs, currently 170 lbs (100kg ->77kg). No gains since the day I started cutting.
I will keep cutting until I get to 72 kg and then winter bulk.
>No gains for 2 years
>Fatties have it easy
>>
>>37406850
Clean bulking refers to small surplus, not healthy foods. Faggot
>>
Skinny.
Easier to start skinny because you just eat a milkshake once a day and youll gain weight
it's only easier to start fat if you're poor as fuck
>>
File: image.jpg (130 KB, 600x1065) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130 KB, 600x1065
Skinny.

Imo it's easier to start skinny for aesthetics and easier to start fat for strength. Also when you're fat you get to start off with god tier calves that a skinny guy will never be able to get
>>
starting from fat, most fatties have a problem cutting calories enough

starting from skinny most skinnies have problems eating enough because "muh abbs"
>>
File: 14.jpg (48 KB, 520x450) Image search: [Google]
14.jpg
48 KB, 520x450
Quest for you people.

Which race of person do you think looks better? Jomon or Yayoi??
>>
>>37412633
The one with the normal eyes.

I started off fat, and I'm still fat.
>>
>>37406843
that's some good cosplay
>>
>>37404004
Fat

Fat is easier than skinny. Fat has the downside of extra skin but they're constantly lifting their considerably greater body mass so they have additional muscle mass once they slim down.

My legs were fucking huge compared to my skinny friends once I lost weight. Like twice the diameter.

Skinny has it easier if you're going for aesthetics since they don't have extra skin and stretch marks.
>>
>>37412633
The one that looks like a little girl duh
>>
>before
Skinny

>Which is easier
Skinny, unless you're comparing moderately athletic chubby to someone that is the smallest skinny-fat out there-but those are both exceptions.

I didn't have to deal with a messed up appetite, poor health/cardio, or addiction to bad foods. This is subjective to my experience-but starting skinny seems much easier
>>
Starting out fat is undeniably harder. Every successful transformation requires somewhat to get to a low/suitable BF%, and then build up muscle. Skellies are literally just skipping a step fatties have to go through. I mean if you struggle to eat above maintenance, that's a different problem.
>>
I started fat (currently still am fat). It just hit me one day while I was high as shit that I am a disgusting human being and NEED to make a change or I'll die of a heart attack at age 40. I'm 18 years old, 6'3" and when I started this journey in march of this year I weighed 330 lbs. I currently weigh roughly 295 (havent weighed today yet, about to shower after my workout). Its still a bad feeling knowing that I'm gross looking but the endorphins from exercise and the knowledge that I'm making progress far outweighs my negative self image.

Here's to everyone making it.
>>
>>37404004
Skinny fat

Skinny is easy mode cause you can just bulk up and look good, fat is the same since you just need to cut down

Being skinny AND fat tho, you have to bulk, then cut, then bulk, then cut and probably never see your abs
>>
>>37409370
>>37412793

Can confirm. I'm >>37412915 and my legs are stronk af from being morbidly obese. I can legpress probably double my weight.
>>
>>37412633
>which looks better a cute girl or a transvestite

Jeez I wonder
>>
>>37412915
just think in a couple of years you will be low 200's and in great shape, keep going.
>>
>>37412915
Good for you that's nice progress. Just remember that years of mistreatment of your body can only be undone with years of proper diet and exercise. Luckily you're still young so you have plenty of time to get fit and enjoy life, if you keep going down this road I promise you will never regret it and it will be the best decision you made in your whole life, good luck.
>>
>>37412926
Or just cut until you see your abs then do a clean bulk
>>
>>37412973
>>37412979

thanks /fit/friends, thats the plan. love to you guys for supporting me through this
Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.