[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Explain Italian cuisine.They eat a shit ton of simple carbs,they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1422102513001.jpg (9 KB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
1422102513001.jpg
9 KB, 240x180
Explain Italian cuisine.They eat a shit ton of simple carbs,they should all be obese and yet most Italians aren't(based on my observations).How do they do it?
>>
Moderate portion sizes. Same story with the French.
>>
Aren't what? They aren't what!?
>>
>>37403773
>most Italians aren't obese
Not in America, they arent.
>>
>>37403773
Because they dont eat out everyday
>>
>>37403773
Americanized italian meal:
Fettuccine alfredo with bacon and all you can eat garlic butter breadsticks with high sugar red wine and high fat spumoni ice cream for dessert
>>
>>37403773
Most Italians also usually work in physically demanding fields. Once they retire they start putting on gut liek crazy.

>Source: My sicilian friend
>>
>>37403969
Don't confuse sicilians with the rest of italy, they are the fattest
>>
>>37403773
This is not what Italian food is. This is Italian-American food. This is no different then saying General Tso chicken is authentic Chinese food.
>>
>>37403855
Is English not your first language?
>>
>>37403773

>he believes italian-american food is anything like real italian food

fuck off dumb americuck
>>
What is real Italian cuisine like, vs. Italian American? More healthy fats? Vegetables? Cooking method? Someone explain this instead of making unsupported claims.
>>
they don't snack and they eat together at regular hours instead of gorging alone at 3am
>>
>>37403773
I come from an Italian family. They just tend to look after themselves a bit better than the English side of my family. They enjoy their meals, and by god are they tasty and not very healthy but they don't snack at all on crisps or shit and they all keep active. Shit, my nonno has had two strokes and chronic conditions through the roof, takes him a literal half hour to set up the espresso machine when I visit but he still dedicates half a day to walking ten miles down the river so he can get back and eat a plate of veal escalope for dinner.
>>
>>37404278
yes
>>
>>37403877
Americans with Italian names are not Italian
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.