[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
REST IS FOR THE WEAK: is this true? Do we actually need to rest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
REST IS FOR THE WEAK: is this true? Do we actually need to rest a couple of day for muscle to recover or just straight away lifting all days.

>pic unrelated
>>
summer has come
>>
>>37403537

You need rest.

How much depends on a bunch of factors.
>>
I've been lifting for 4 years.

Recently I did full-body training every single day and I literally lost size, looked flat as fuck all the time. Now I'm back to 4 days a week and the size is returning and im walking around full again.

Never again trying every-day, fuck that.
>>
>>37403537
YOU DON'T GROW WHEN YOU'RE WORKING OUT YOU GROW WHEN YOU'RE RESTING YOU COLOSSAL FUCKING RETARD
>>
Building muscle means damaging muscles and letting them repair. If you don't rest, they can't repair, you can't build muscle.

5 on, two off. 6 on 1 off if you're a pro bodybuilder.
>>
>>37403564
>being this mad
>>
>>37403549
Yeah I reiterate this but remember anecdotal data aren't data
Try it yourself summerfag
>>
>>37403537
I don't like resting tbqh. I do PPLPPxx, if I'm home on Saturday I'm banging out The Presses, Sunday I'm dedicating a day to pull ups or chins. Also core and forearms everyday.
>>
Just keep taking caffeine pills and protein shakes whenever you get sleepy
>>
>>37403537
I realize this may be an EXTREME example, but it does illustrate a point. In RANGER school you spent over 60 days doing strenuous HOOAH shit. You are sleep and food DEPRIVED. Despite doing PUSHUPS and all kinds of shit at all hours you will become a weak, demotivated DYEL soldier. By graduation I had lost 30lbs. Going into selection my 1RM for bench was 335 and after I pinned my tab I couldnt do 225. REST DAYS ARE NEEDED
>>
Oh okay, so rest days are important. But how about I workout twice a day. One on the morning, one in the evening. Is it bad?
>>
>>37403549
Ofc full body everyday will fuck you up how dumb are you
>>
>>37403982
pointless unless you're on gear

i work out 6 times a week currently because i'm cutting and really fucking hate cardio, but i've definitely lost strength. as a natty there's no point in lifting more than 4 days a week if you're trying to build mass and strength.
>>
>>37403537

Unless you're on serious roids, take rest days.
>>
>>37403537
Read the fucking sticky. It was made so useless pricks like you wouldn't start these asinine threads. You couldn't ask a more obtuse question if you really put your balls into it
>>
If I just walk for 60 mins in my rest says it's ok right? Basically l lift every other day, and if I am not lifting I just walk for 60 mins and listen to music
>>
>>37404922
yeah cardio is fine on rest days
>>
>>37403537
While I mostly stick to martial arts and only lift 3 times a week, I've been training almost every day since 2012. If you learn to periodize, properly regulate intensity, and be smart about exercise selection, you can get away with training a lot more than people generally think possible.
>>
Nobody really knows.

Overtraining is definitely a thing, and as others mentioned, you should not do e.g. a fullbody workout each day.

But OTOH, there are many more complex processes going on in your body, and working out e.g. suppresses myostatin, which will make growing muscle easier in the long term.

So it's hard to say what the best thing to do is. Doing some light cardio on your off-days is probably not a bad idea.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.