[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TOday was my first day at the gym and I can't fucking bear
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: the visions.jpg (49 KB, 584x573) Image search: [Google]
the visions.jpg
49 KB, 584x573
TOday was my first day at the gym and I can't fucking bear the pain on my muscles, specially on my arms and biceps.

how do I decrease it?, god damn, I can't even fall sleep.
>>
>>37401274
>Work out more
>Eat
>???
>Profit
>>
>>37401274
Yeah, it'll hurt like a bitch at first, but eventually your muscles will become more efficient and you'll feel less pain as you workout, usually it gets better after a week or so. Drink water, breathe, stretch, and eat food. Cardio and not drinking caffeine help with sleep.

Eventually you'll crave that aching feeling and you might not be able to acquire it.
>>
>>37401274
Kek you must have fucked something up. My first day at the gym was pretty alright. A little more sore than usual, but not much.

The fuck did you do? Be specific. Age? Sex? Height? Weight? Weights lifted? Sets? Reps?

Did you eat before you went? Did you get enough protein and other macros? Did you remember to eat your potassium so the DOMS won't fuck you over tomorrow morning? If not, you'd better start deep throating bananas or potat ASAP.

>I can't fucking bear the pain on my muscles
>how do I decrease it?
Shower normally, then GRADUALLY decrease temp until it's as cold as you can bear. If you get cold shocks and start gasping and convulsing you're doing it too fast. Then bring the temp slowly back up. Repeat once or twice.
>>
>>37401274
As long as your piss doesn't get dark, you're fine. If it does, you have rhabdo
>>
Both acute muscle soreness and DOMS are comfy as fuck. I am uncomfortable without sore muscles. I thought everybody felt this way.
>>
>>37401476
I feel like an unconfident sack of shit without slight DOMS. They make me feel muscularly sated, if I could find a way to describe it...
>>
>>37401274
A. cold bath
B. it will stop happening soon
C.weed
>>
>>37401274
Contrast showers are GOAT for doms.
>>
>>37401467
Shit that's a scary thing to think about
>>
>>37401341

How do I get this back? I fucking love it but it only happens when I go back to the gym after being away a while. I want to feel the pain and soreness the next day.
>>
>>37403463

Change movements very frequently.

Its usually not the most productive way to train but novelty is basically how you keep inducing DOMS session after session.
>>
>>37401274
If you have a bathtub, warm water+aspirine. Get in there, relax for 30mn. Don't do it if you're allergic to aspirine.
>>
>>37401274
enjoy it
because we're all jelly
>>
>>37401274
Exercise increases pain tolerance. Keep at it and you'll toughen the fuck up. It won't kill you. Stop being a pussy.

http://www.uncagedfighter.com/2014/08/increase-your-pain-tolerance.html?m=1
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.