[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Losing fat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
I will be quick.
I am getting some nasty bellyfat, so I want to lose weight.
I can't lift weights because I got injuries, so I will have to cardio only.
I'm planning to do 1 hour of bike everyday for a few months.

I'm just confused with the diet. I've read in the sticky that you need as much gram protein as your weight in lbs, so for me 175lbs = 175g per day. Seems excessive, no? I'm just 5'7.

Also, how do you calculate the proportion of necessary fats, carbs, vegetables, etc? It's not well explained in the sticky.

>left pic looks almost exactly like me (the fat one)
>>
>>37400319

>im lazy spoonfeed me

fuck off summercancer
>>
>>37400360
to be fair he is right, the sticky is not complete
>>
File: 1464106050063.png (173 KB, 349x446) Image search: [Google]
1464106050063.png
173 KB, 349x446
If you aren't lifting just eat 500cal less than your tdee and ignore everything else diet related.

Do whatever cardio you want but you're not going to lose weight unless you put the fork down.
>>
>>37400319
40% protein
40%fat
20%carbs
If you know how much you weigh and know you need 1g of protein per pound you can do the math.
If you need more help go ahead and ask.
>>
>>37400319
wtf his calves actually got smaller.

also fuck off op read sticky and other websites like muscle for life
>>
>>37400460
>lost bodyfat
>leaned out in his extremities
You don't fucking say, newfag.
>>
do you know any good ressource or book? This sticky is not helping.
>>
>>37400495
Resource for?
>>
>>37400512
I dont want to pick a scam book that tells me how to lose weight but I will only end like a faggy skinny flobby shit. I just want to lose weight but stay tonned you know.

So any good ressource or book to help me lose fat basicaly.
>>
>>37400539
Well books are just going to pretty much tell you the same shit the sticky will; just in more words/depth.
Depending where you're at and your goals you'll probably benefit from exercise and cardio.
Even if it's air squats, pushups, and pullups. Then cardio for 20minutes every day twice a day. Do that with the previously mentioned diet advice and you'll wind up in ottermode (genetics permitting)
>>
>>37400460
When he lost fat he also lost fat in the calves

Shocker, I know
>>
>>37400607
>>37400539
Cut additional sugars. Don't eat shit out of a bag or box. Make your own meals from scratch and it will be easy to do the math on how much of what you're eating.
Hit the 40/40/20 . Even if it seems like a lot, odds are you're flabby from shit nutrition. Ever hear that expression you are what you eat? Real talk, how do you think your body makes cells? They don't come from a magical fairy.
You should probably take measurements of your body parts, this will keep you focused because you'll have results just probably not a shredded physique by this winter and if that's the only binary goal you have (am I shredded yes/no?) Then you can get discouraged. But if you're able to look at your measurements (hey, I lost an inch on my waist since 2 weeks ago ) odds are you'll stick to it better and the best results come from consistency.
>>
File: 1462692598980.jpg (44 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1462692598980.jpg
44 KB, 500x375
>>37400415
Listen to this one OP.
>>
>>37400319
looks fucking ridiculous with that piddly girly core, will never understand how some people can want an extreme v-taper like that
>>
if you actually believe the sticky which was extremely low effort and written years ago, you're going to fail in your fitness goals. You have to find a proper diet and a proper workout plan, 'read the sticky' is just a meme here that newfags say to piss of even newerfags into a failed fitness regime. do keto OP.
>>
>>37400319
you can't outwork a bad diet
>>
>>37401058
>written years ago
>working out has to change, what worked for people in 1980 doesn't effect people born in the 90's
>>
>>37401053
>what is a lat spread ?
>>
>>37400483
>>37400632
fuck off edgy faggots. He clearly gained muscle everywhere else apart from his calves.
>>
>>37400319
>what are thooose
>>
OPs picture of another example of why HEIGHT and FACE come before FRAME
>>
>>37400319
It's 1g for every lbs of LEAN BODY MASS

that means your total weight - the weight of your fat
You weigh 175, lets say you have 20% bodyfat, that means you weigh;
100-20=80, 80/100=0.80
175*0.80 = 140lbs = 140gr of proton

However this is mostly if if you're lifting and as you stated, you can't lift. I'd say 100gr a day is a safe bet for a man your size and intended activity level

As for fats/carbs, take your daily calorie target, take the calories generated by 100gr proton (if you choose that as a mark which is 400 (if your target is for example 2000, substract 400 and divide calories with fat and carbs 50/50, so in this case;
2000 (target calories) - 400 (calories from protons) = 1600

1600 / 2 = 800 (caloric allowance of fat and carbs individually)

800 / 4 (amount of calories in 1 gram of carbs) = 200 gr carbs a day

800 / 9 = ~90gr of fat a day

So basically your daily allowance with a targeted caloric consumption of 2k would be as follows

100gr proton (400 cals) + 200gr carbs (800 cals) + ~90gr of fat (800 cals) = 2000 cals
>>
>>37403634
>that means you weigh
should be that means you need
>>
>>37400319
>I can't lift weights because I got injuries
Really, there's not a single lift you can do because your entire body is crippled from injuries?

Fuck over to reddit, they help lazy shits for upvotes all the time.
>>
>>37403634
>~90gr of fat
wow that's a lot of fat. Does anyone actually achieve this? Half a large avocado is only 15g
>>
>>37405337
Dude he just did the math for you you lazy fucking manlet. Just do what he said and you'll loose weight.
>>
>>37405337
just take olive oil and/or other EFA's by spoonful to supplement. Im on keto so I do that 30 mins before a run for some extra energy myself
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.