[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else go to this faggot gym? >le lunk alarm for people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 13
File: pf-judgementfree.jpg (119 KB, 620x419) Image search: [Google]
pf-judgementfree.jpg
119 KB, 620x419
Anyone else go to this faggot gym?
>le lunk alarm for people who wear tank tops and drink from gallon jugs
>autistic bullshit like "you belong!" written on machines
>"we're not here to kiss your butt, only kick it if that's what you need"
>free pizza and bagels for all the loyal goyim
Not even mad about fatties, but full of autistic DYEL fags and high schoolers

At least it's cheap
>>
Super cheap. Didnt mind it until they replaced all benches with smith machines and I maxed out dumbbells since only went up to 75.
>>
>>37399887
>the floor consists 90% of cardio machines
>free weights max at 60lbs
>bench and squat are guided machines
I wouldn't give a shit if this place is free. It's fucking terrible.
>>
>>37399929
>20 treadmills
>20 bikes
>10 ellipticals
>5 stair masters
>4 smith machines
>1 assisted dip machine
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 2048x1536
Planet Shitness is a meme for fatties and dyels, don't surround yourself with mediocrity!
>>
>>37399887
My main gym closes at 11pm, so I pay the $10 per month for PF as a backup when i feel like going to the gym late at night.
>>
I used to go just for cardio bc im a former fatty. I just transitioned to 24 Hours Fitness for them gains.
>>
>>37399887
Ya ever notice how all the signs in there never have capital letters. Like they don't start their sentences with capital letters. Anyone know why?
>>
Are there NO free benches or racks? I had no idea, I just thought you couldn't do olly lifts. Shit. I was gonna start going with one of my friends just to help them get motivated but to hell if they're all machines.
>>
Bullshit gym. I'm currently at a gym with dedicated oly room. All up have 5 power racks and 2 oly platforms. 6 different flat benches and dumbbells that Max out at 100kg. Don't even care that you use chalk, they provide heaps.

It's a proper gym.

>only $20 a month.
>>
>>37401043
I do this. Usually end up going once a week or so on the weekends cause other gym closes at 7.
>>
are planet fitness and club fitness comparable? never been to planet, but bought a 1 day pass for club once when the water main at my gym broke and they had to close shop. wasn't that bad, but didn't really dig the atmosphere. idk
>>
>>37401298
what is the name of this nirvana?
>>
>>37401314
My university gym. Literally the best gym I have found.
Also have nice guys there, since we all actually lift.

Just yesterday I pulled a muscle maxing out my deadlift and the guy on the neighbouring power rack helped me deplate
>>
>>37399887
I do.

Lunk alarm isn't even plugged in at the one I go to.

It used to be based because the guy that used to run it actually had a couple of squat racks and benches, before somebody else took over and replaced all of it with smith machines.

It's not too bad, but this past year they ran a special so it's been chalk full with mexicans lately, so going there during the day is 100% impossible now. Also, there is a huge fucking issue right now where people (women) run off with the fucking weights doing fuck all with them and then don't put them back. Half my time there is spent looking for where the fuck the weights went to.

I don't even bother asking if they are using them anymore; I just pick them up and walk away.
>>
>>37399929
>>free weights max at 60lbs
Not true.

>>bench and squat are guided machines

It's called a smith. At least get the terminology right because you look like a bigger retard than the fags who actually go to PF.
>>
>>37399887
>we're not here to kiss your butt
>autistic bullshit like "you belong!" written on machines

wut
>>
>>37399887
Dude no way!

Gotta love me some carbs after a 440 squat session!!
>>
File: 1433909402137.gif (3 MB, 240x135) Image search: [Google]
1433909402137.gif
3 MB, 240x135
>>37399887
>Mfw I was a personal trainer at Planet Fatmess for six months
What the hell, AMA.
>>
>>37401472
Funniest story?
>>
>>37401349
the one near my place has max of 60lbs on dumbells. another one a little further has max of 75lbs...depends on location
>>
>>37401560
This one time two trannies got into a Peter/Giant chicken fight that started in the men's bathroom and ended in the parking lot. Little Caesar's was everywhere.
>>
>>37401671
M8
>>
You aren't /fit/ unless you get kicked out of a PF.
>>
>>37401735
I went with my ex because she could bring a guest and I got kicked out for bringing a WPI shake in a blender bottle.
>>
>>37401349
brooklyn Ny i was visiting and it was the only gym near by the weights maxed out at 60Lbs.
>>
>>37401349
also unless you are injured, recovering or new you really shouldn't use a smith machine.
>>
>>37401287
If their marketing team is in any way data driven they do that because it makes their place more likable for more people according to research.
>>
>>37399887

I actually just started going there because I'm not tempted with their food and I'm too much of a beginner to max out their weights or do anything to "scare" them (like wearing tank tops or drinking from jugs like you stated). When I do get used to the gym and max out their weights you bet your ass I'm moving on to another gym though.

Feel free to tell me your thoughts and/or call me a fat virgin (yeah I play WoW).
>>
>>37401735
I just started, should I stick around until I'm good enough to get kicked out?
>>
>>37401761
You can't be serious. You're only bringing a fucking drink. Is there a no food or drink rule or something?
>>
>>37399887
I would go but theres no squat racks or benches that aren't locked in a fucking shitty smith machine.
>>
>>37401298
My guess is not in usa
>>
>>37399887
>drinking from gallon jugs
>>
>>37401671
Kek'd hard
>>
>>37402262
When people start complaining about you being "threatening" to staff is when you know it's time to leave
>>
>>37402235
but no free barbell wait... youll mess up you balance and have somewhat bad form, its you dont want to make it anon
>>
>>37401287
No gymtimidation breh
>>
>>37401472
was it difficult to make a program for people when Planet Fitness only has cardio machines, smith machines and barely any free weights?
>>
>>37404509
Most """programs""" written by PTs at commercial gyms go like this:

>do 10 reps on this machine
>do 10 reps on that machine
>do 10 smith machine squats with 30lbs
>do 20 crunches and 5 leg kicks
>done
>>
File: pT3DYTGlJMUC.jpg (42 KB, 373x521) Image search: [Google]
pT3DYTGlJMUC.jpg
42 KB, 373x521
>>37401761
>WPI shake
>>
>>37401797
nigger i go to richies, and pf. you need to put the 20lb db into the 60 to get 80, havent you seen black guys do that yet.
>confirmed dyel
>>
File: Judgement Free Zone!.jpg (69 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
Judgement Free Zone!.jpg
69 KB, 620x349
JUDGEMENT FREE ZONE, GUYS!
>subject to our judgement

I understand dress codes and gym rules, but some of the rules are straight up stupid.
>>
>>37406741
lel, basically
>no niggers
>>
>>37404801
Weakness: normal type
He's literally weak against normies kek
>>
File: image.jpg (154 KB, 585x513) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
154 KB, 585x513
Stupid question: Do you re-use your clothes and towel from the day before, or do you always wear new clothes and bring a new towel every day? It's not like you wipe yourself with the towel, and you're just gonna sweat in your clothes again for 90 minutes.
>>
>>37406741

No boots and sandals I can understand but what about jeans, do rags, skull caps and bandanas?
>>
>Anyone else go to this faggot gym?
no because I'm not a faggot
>>
File: 1793917145_926fd768a9_z.jpg (111 KB, 457x640) Image search: [Google]
1793917145_926fd768a9_z.jpg
111 KB, 457x640
>>37406914
>Do you re-use your clothes and towel from the day before
Jesus christ
>>
File: 1328134801434.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1328134801434.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>37406916

i don't see why boots would even be banned. closed toed shoes for safety, of course. i don't know about the rest. people at my gym wear that stuff all the time. it doesn't bother anybody and there's no reason for it to be banned.

I've gone to the gym and forgotten my gym clothes before. i ended up working out in my work shit which was jeans and boots. did it suck? yeah. i haven't made the mistake again. but i don't see why they'd kick me out for having steel toed boots and jeans on. if anything i'm SAFER off than the cardio bunny in 5oz Nike Free's and yoga pants.
>>
>>37402352
Blender bottles/brotein shakes can be considered "intimidating."

>>37404509
Well considering most people who joined the PF I worked at and wanted a trainer were morbidly obese and just wanted to lose weight, the hard part wasn't putting together a workout plan; elliptical, stair master, free weights.

The hard part is giving diet advice, or rather, the one two punch of being prohibited from so much as implying that someone's eating habits could be a factor in their whale status, and the fact that PF literally provides processed foods on a near daily basis.

God I hated pizza day. Cleaning pizza grease off treadmills is not fun.

Full disclosure: I used to be a fatfuck but I busted my ass and now I'm a Chad. A big part of why I became a personal trainer is because I know how hard getting in shape is and I wanted to help people.

Well, PF makes that next to impossible, and the reason for that is simple: Planet Fitness does not care about helping you get fit.

PF is not in the fitness business, PF is in the "I have a gym membership" business.

>>37404690
This is pretty damn accurate. I've been reprimanded for pushing members too hard. Whereas like I said, I want to help people, not waste their time. Anyone wanting to lose weight I would've liked to advise

>Mon/Wed/Fri, Reg park 5x5, after that throw on a weighted vest and do diamond push ups to exhaustion, push ups to exhaustion, spider man push ups to exhaustion, pull ups to exhaustion with 5 minutes between each exercise
>Mon/Tues/Wed/Thurs/Fri, 1 hour on elliptical, 20 minutes on stair master

But between PF lacking the necessary equipment for even the most basic workout program and our "no gymtimidation" policy, they wanted me to shill this answer my questions three, everybody is a winner, ego-masturbatory bullshit.

I was literally forbidden from telling people "losing fat and building lean mass is hard, it will take effort, commitment, and time" because they were afraid I'd scare people off.
>>
>>37406965
I reuse the same clothes for months without washing them, come at me bro.
>>
>>37407013
That's disgusting. At least your towels are fresh.
>>
>>37399887
I go to crunch.
>>
I go to one sometimes. I'm barely out of ottermode and I look way better than most of the other people there. It's odd, but nice to have any dumbbells over 40 pounds to myself.
>>
>>37401291
dude, machine only and no oly is a huge difference. oly is for some hardcore gym above 40 a month, and isnt necessary for fitness, health and gains
>>
>>37406914
It's like you *want* a staph infection.

Get yourself six pairs of workout shorts, six workout shirts, and clean them all when you do your laundry on Sunday. Also, change your socks and undies.
>>
>>37407123
AND THE TOWEL???
seriously it's just there to be a barrier between me and the machine chair.
>>
>>37399887
i kinda like the pizza night idea, i mean you eat 4 weeks staraight only chicken and rice at a 500 deficit, then you can cheat a bit once a month to "reward" you, but i bet literally noone there cuts seriously
>>
I'm dyle, so when I outgrow the 75lb dumbbells I'll find a better gym. But for now, $10 a month is the best deal for me and my financial obligations.
>>
>>37407013
this
I have no towels cause I don't sweat all that much, even if I ran a marathon.
>>
>>37399887
I go to planet fitness around 12- 2am never have a heard a lunk alarm even though people grunt and drop weights all the time. I guess it also depends on the workers, the 2 people they have working at night are super chill and don't really care what people do . They sometimes let us request music and they play it for us .
>>
>>37406914
i keep my workout pants for 2 weeks, workout shirt for 1 week, and change socks/undies daily

>towel

towel is a meme, i rarely use it so i don't wash it much. i mostly carry it around so i don't get some warning for not using towels. my gym has a strong hygiene policy, towels/deodorant/wiping your sweat from the cardio equipment with some cleaner they provide etc.

it's good though, my last gym was full of people not using deodorants and was unbearable in the summer
>>
>>37407200
>cheat day

but that's neither necessary nor productive. cheat days are a nice idea for normal people cutting, but fatties losing weight are like junkies, it's like saying "i'm an alcoholic but i'll drink some vodka to reward myself for being sober for a month". one thing i've learned as an ex-fatty is that cheat days can trigger binge periods that can last weeks/months.

if you're a normal person that's never been fat go for cheat days of course, but even then it's not necessary. the 2-3 lean natty people at my gym are lean whole year round, and told me they never have cheat meals or shit like that
>>
I go to a similar gym in my shitty country, only because it's literally half the price of all other gyms. They do have a sickass free weight floor that only meatheads go to, so it's all good.

>Last night
>At machines floor
>Guy is nonstop grunting at all his reps
>No one gives a flying fuck about it
>Tfw I grunt too at my last reps
>People look at you in a respectful glaze for your efforts
>Never heard the lunk alarm even once
>>
>>37406914
what the fuck is wrong with her arm
>>
>>37408550
Samefag here. I also do a consistent ammount of staring at girls' butts, to no backlash yet.
>>
File: 0a6.png (308 KB, 640x359) Image search: [Google]
0a6.png
308 KB, 640x359
>>37406741
This cannot be real. How can anyone, ANYONE, even remotely support this? The more I learn about planet fitness the more it manages to surprise me how fucked up it is.
>>
>>37406857
Trust me, it doesn't stop em
>>
>>37408605
Planet Fatness is literally autism: the gym
>>
>>37408501

Recovering fatty here

I have cheat days that I fit within my calorie restriction

Been working for months now
>>
>I pay $60 a month for my gym
>Plenty of racks and benches. No restrictions on anything
>Not crowded as long as you avoid peak hours
Good gym, fucking pricy tho. Good thing im not poor.
>>
>>37399887
I go to pf; I just really wish they had a squat rack. I deadlift at home but can afford a rack and I don't have room for it even if I could. It's not too bad of a gym tho senpai. Except today there was some Asian turbo manlet curling with the only barbell in the gym when I went to bench; god fucking damnit I thought that was just a meme.
>>
>>37406870
Oh god my autism, you dingus he's a steel type with a resistance to normal types and a weakness to fighting types.
>>
>>37408653
>I have cheat days that I fit within my calorie restriction

that's not a cheat day. if you eat a burger and then run for 5h, it's not cheating. cheat day by most people's definition is eating whatever you want for a day, and for male fatties that usually means around 5k kcals
>>
>>37401335
LA?
>>
>>37408665
God I wish we had LA Fitness here in SC.
>>
>>37408501
that sounds miserable no cheat meals all year round
>>
>>37408684
Holy fucking hell how can you eat 5k cals? Unless beer counts too. Then that's easy
>>
File: 1464363485431.jpg (27 KB, 647x451) Image search: [Google]
1464363485431.jpg
27 KB, 647x451
>>37408684

Oh alright

Nah I won't do that

>>37408711

Calorie dense foods m8
>>
>>37406994
>PF is not in the fitness business, PF is in the "I have a gym membership" business.

Please PF-bro, let me steal your line?
>>
Holy fuck that lunk alarm thing is real?! I thought it was just a shitty joke from their commercials! fuckin kek
>>
>>37408711
All calories count.

Beer isnt even terrifically caloric.
>>
>>37408739
So mostly high fat stuff then I guess? I'm sort of semi-bulking but I'm having trouble getting the right amount of protein and calories
>>
>>37408787
It is if I drink a whole 12 pack of crafts by the pool in an afternoon
>>
>>37408709
>miserable

there are many other joys to life other than food anon. unless you're a dog

>>37408711
you can't eat 5k kcals over the course of a day? you can eat 5k kcals of ice-cream in one sitting if you try
>>
http://startingstrength.com/articles/no_chalk_allowed.pdf
>>
>>37408792

Unsure, I didn't really look at the macros of what I ate

Usually ate a lot of pasta, drank non diet soda, ate huge portions

If you're really having trouble bulking, use shakes my man

Frozen banana
Peanut butter
Whole milk
8 SCOOPS CMON

Blend that shit, drink a million calories
>>
>>37408806
I'm 6'2" 210 and still have trouble getting over 2000 most days unless I'm explicitly making a conscious effort to do so. My girlfriend is a health coach so she is always cooking low cal dinners and shit so that has something to do with it
>>
>>37408836
Sounds like a buttload of carbs.
>pasta
>soda
all simple carbs, easy for the body to break down. I'm still like 25%bf so I want to bulk, but I also don't want to add fat and look shitty.
>>
>>37408846

>25%

This is kinda the pot calling the kettle black but you're fat

Why not cut?
>>
>>37408837
it's hard to get kcals in if you're eating clean, but it's easy enough if you just add shit like mayo for extra kcals.

2k kcals of health-food is tolerable though, keeps you full but not stuffed during the day. just spread it in 4-5 meals if you're having a hard time, eat once every 4h and bingo
>>
>>37408837
GOMAD or half GOMAD.
>>
>>37401331
>Going to your uni's gym
>Not even free
Shit tier university detected.
>>
>>37408918
Wrong way round. A 'free gym' is always fucking busy and full of faggots. Easiest way to make sure something is ruined is by making it free.
>>
>>37408918
This.

I wasn't even going to university and I used the uni gym for like a year no questions asked.
>>
>>37408873
25% might have been an exaggeration. I'm probably closer to 18-20%. But I probably should cut to get rid of the excess before I start building.
>>
>>37406914
I wear clean clothes and use a clean towel every day I go to the gym but I use the sweaty gym towel to dry myself after getting out of the shower so I don't have to use two towels in one day. Is that smelly of me?
>>
>>37401287
capitol=privileged cuz the ancient romans only worte in capital but the romons wor blak and balck people were oppressed so we sho;ud not appropoite their cultor
>>
>>37408927
>fucking busy and full of faggots.
Stop being an autismo and just ask to work in. Or just go while classes are running. It's not hard.
>>
>>37408886
bleh I hate mayo. But I understand your point. I think I need to increase my protein and unsat fat consumption I guess. I want to consume more calories, but not at the expense of dietary health.

>>37408912
I thought about GOMAD but god damn that has to be expensive as fuck
>>
>>37408957
Nigger I graduated three years ago.
>>
>>37399887
>Home gym has weight room, cardio room, full sized basketball court/gymnasium, 6 racquetball courts, sauna and a steam room.
>because of discount it's $25 a quarter
>>
>>37408846
>25% body fat
You need to cut, you're fat senpai
>>
>>37408967
Milk is cheap. It's convenient. You can spread it out in the course of the day.
>>
>>37408992
>milk is 2.50 minimum
>one per day
>75 per month
Nigga I could leave Planet Fitness for like the nicest gym ever for that price. Or get a country club membership and work out there and golf whenever I wanted
>>
>>37408846
>bulking above 15%
>ever

NONONONONONONONO please do not do this, former fatty here, you can totally make gains in a deficit.

The not building muscle on a cut applies to people who arent fat as fuuuuck.
You can burn enough adipose tissue to build muscle.

And since you have zero muscle (hence trying to bulk when fuckig obese) you will make gains incredibly fast.

Hop on a linear progression model and start eating at a deficit.

Running a deficit of 850kcals my lifts went from
95x5 ohp > 135x4
145x5 bench > 200 x 6
155x5 hip thrust > 275x6
4 rep bw chin up > 35x5

Took a few breaks to eat at maintenance, but almost all of that was gains from being fatty with no muscle. Only now that imam 180lb and ~17% bodyfat have the gains slowed.

And i am still doing weekly progression.. On a deficit.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MFo_wQq8M3Q
Intermittent fasting helps, as eating 1,500-1,800 kcals in a 4 hour window is highly anabolic, also it helps prevent thermogenic adaptation as you lose weight, also helps with leptin and insulin sensitivity, increases growth hormone and test for more muscle preservation when catabolic.

Just avoid aerobic cardio, because the cortisol will fuck you
https://www.t-nation.com/training/the-best-damn-cardio-article-period
>>
>>37399887
$20 a month for free haircuts! Sign my ass up!
> also free tanning, because I like cancer
>>
>>37408967
>but not at the expense of dietary health

crazy amounts of protein aren't healthy anon
>>
>>37409054
Eating lots of food is more expensive than only having a normal amount of food.
>>
A Horrible Experience. I joined during my college time because I figured I could do some quick workouts, in between study sessions down the street from me. I paid the 150 up front for a year and was told not to drop the weights. I did not drop them, but rather released them at the finger tip distance from the bench. The place is ran like a library.
>>
>>37408940
Post pic of self.

You sound like 30% bf.

Everyone i have met that fat swears they are just under 20%
>>
Too poor to afford a real gym...
>>
File: 20160602_161843.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160602_161843.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
>>37409148
I'm not obese but there's definitely plenty to lose. I would prefer to lose the fat while gaining muscle but I've been going to the gym pretty regularly for the past 9 months and haven't seen a lot of volume improvement
>>
>>37409227
h8 to break it to you, but you're prolly 27% if not more. your arms are extremely fat
>>
>>37408806
Wouldn't 5k kcals just be 5 Mcals?
>>
>>37409227
Easily 26%

Deffo cut, bro.

Maybe do a volume day and an intensity day, like TM.

Maybe do real low volume on intensity day to try and maintain progression.

What do your lifts look like?
>>
>>37408953
What the fuck are you going on about?
>>
>>37409264
no

1kcal is 1000cals
>>
>>37409272
its called readdit "satire"
>>
>>37409227
Yeah you're way above 20%. Flex your abs and you'll notice there's still a lot of something covering them up.
>>
>>37409271
I've done a bad job tracking my actual lifts but I can say they definitely aren't improving the way they should. I guess I should just do more cardio
>>
>>37409283
5k kcals is 5,000,000 cals. That is 5 Mcals you dumbfuck.
>>
>>37409283
Correct, but when most people talk about "calories" in reference to nutrtion, they really mean "kilocalories"

One crouton doesnt have 5-10 calories. It has 5-10 kilocalories, or 5,000-10,000 actual calories, as in the unit of energy.
>>
>>37409303
Nonono fuck your cardio.

Hop on a real program, like greyskull lp or starting strength.

Eat at a caloric deficit.

Cardio will fuck your progress up.

Stop lifting like an uneducated bro with fuckarounditis.
Hop on a program.
>>
>not going to battle gym

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYpWR8jY1cc
>>
>>37409378
>i just came here to walk on the treadmill for 20 minutes.
Why pay a gym for that?
Just walk outside for 20 minutes.....

Bitch is stupid
>>
>>37409317
there's no such thing you faggot, Mcal is not part of the matric system. it's cals and kcals, and even those are laymen terms.

Normally you'd use joules for energy measurement
>>
>>37409378

>You can work out however you want
>Unless you want to lift heavy

>>
>>37409378
they say "we are not a gym" in the fucking commercial, they say that they are catering to people that don't want to really work-out

what else do you want from them? they are a business, and that commercial is very good at informing you that if you're looking for a real gym, planet fitness isn't your kind of place
>>
>>37409378
>helpful staff

Na senpai, they won't show you anything because legally they don't want to be liable.

This chain is in my city in Canada except it's called Fit 4 Less, I think they got rid of the lunk alarm entirely because people were pissed off by it. I go there and so do others, people even use chalk and make a mess so you basically just need to take over the gym with people.
>>
absolutely not because gyms that cheap are usually crowded af and still have assholes and mexicans

i go to all women's gym and its pretty cool because strength room is always clean and empty
>>
>>37409515

Do you know any gyms that are fucking battle gyms though
>>
Nope, I go to the YMCA's around me. They're always really clean and the staff is great
>>
>>37409746
YMCA is GOAT
>pool
>sauna
>hot tub
>gym
they have it all
>>
File: CEIUgZEUIAE-jGt.jpg (6 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
CEIUgZEUIAE-jGt.jpg
6 KB, 250x250
Gold's Gym in my town is super memey.

>Staff is a bunch of overdressed chotchbags that don't do a single thing to maintain the good order of the gym; rather they hit on girls or circlejerk in the office.
>Dumbbells and plates fucking everywhere
>caribeaners for the cable cross machine are always MIA
>Radio is Gold's Gym's personal feed. Same Top20 every day riddled with nonstop ads
>Perfectly good TVs for watching the ball game between sets are instead always playing shitty music videos to said Top20 songs and then more Ads.
>Once a week they bring in a DJ
>The guy is fucking brutal
>I've dubbed him DJ Ipodshuffle
>Same Golds playlist but now 10 times louder and terribly mixed together. At least the ads stop
>Constant promotions only seem to attract trendy cunts who only stay for a month tops but do their absolute best to indirectly steal your gains
>PTs constantly booked with hamplanets, won't even give simple advice to regulars while training
>Ladies only section (horseshit)
>huge separated space
>Would be great for Hardcore Gymrats: All the growling, moaning, and slamming the fuck out of the weights behind closed doors
>lmao fuck that, 8 more cardio machines, a dumbell rack that only goes up to 40lbs, a squat rack with only 2(45)s & a fuckload of 10s,5s, and 2.5s and a huge stretching area.
>NO WOMEN USE THE AREA
>They're constantly in the regular dumbbell and squat racks getting in everyones way with their romanian deadlifts only using the bar and bench dips with two benches from the dumbbell section.
>65$ a month, towel service is 200$/year
>bi-monthly 70$ maintenance fee

Only one week left of this nonsense, I'll be going to a small no-name gym without all the bullshit.
>>
>>37399887
Whoever founded that gym was a genius. Low month sub gym that focuses on pandering to the fatties who will never change. There is a whole demographic of people who are the following
>Fat
>Low motivation
>Loves food
>Doesn't want to "get big only tone"
Seriously, it's genius. Nothing but cardio galore and mother fucking pizza days? The whole thing is designed to entrap a fatty then leech off them on until armageddon. Even the one's who may lose weight are tempted by the fucking pizza and bagels. I went to one once with my mom when I was home on break (she a fatty) and there was a bowl of tootsie rolls at the front counter and a whole 1/4 of the gym was dedicated to abs alone. Whats a fatty going to do with an ab machine? Get better at tying their shoes? To be honest just be grateful that they're corralling all the unmotivated fatsos into one area and freeing up space in all the other gyms. I'll never understand why ya'll complain about planet fatness, I wouldn't hire a handyman then git pissed when he can't rewire my whole house. Why you pay for a shit gym then get mad when they're exactly what they advertise? If it's the only gym around then deal, or better yet start investing in your own weights.
>>
>>37409737
no, but i live in greece. here 99% of gyms are commercial zumba fitness clubs with machines and the occasional barbell
>>
>>37410318
This guy gets it.
Someone serious about lifting going there is like a someone serious about winning the Tour de France buying their bike at Walmart.
>>
>>37410319

Well you'll never look like the ancient greek statues with those gyms
>>
>>37406533
you mean the 40 into the 60 right.. :)
>>
>>37406857
sounds like no one who sweats.
>>
>>37406914
everything 3 times max sometimes i go twice in a day.
>>
>>37408501
recovering bingeing fatty here. thanks for that advice man i appreciate it
>>
>>37409415
Kek it fucking takes me 20 minutes to walk to the gym when I take a bus instead of a car.
>>
>>37409083
>5 sets of 35 chin ups

sure thing fatty
>>
>>37408501
Basically this. Substance abuse comes in many forms.
>>
>>37411107

That's 35 sets of 5 reps though
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (57 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
57 KB, 480x360
>>37399887
Shut up, you dirty Lunk!
>>
>>37399887
this is some fucking Orwellian shit

planet fitness = (planet fatness)
judgement free zone = (we are always judging you)
Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.