[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's settle this once and for all. How much protein can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 526x526) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 526x526
Let's settle this once and for all. How much protein can your body absorb at once? I mean I know it differed from person to person but there has to be a cap? Also what would we the average amount?
>>
Please define "at once"
>>
All of it.

Your body holds food for roughly a day before you shit the remenants out, so there's plenty of time to absorb everything useful from it.
>>
I'm doing 1 1/2g protein per lb. of body weight. Currently at 208 I think, not no negative side effects yet other than a stench that could peel an orange in your pocket.
>>
>>37396480
In one meal
>>
>>37396485
So what if I weigh 130lbs and eat 208 grams in one day? It's still gonna get shat out
>>
>>37396565
why the fuck would you intake 208 in a day at 130lbs? Do you want to destroy your liver on purpose?
>>
>>37396758
Because what I eat is low in calories and i need to hit that mark. Also why would I replace the protein for the carbs or fats? My macro split is carb,protein,fat /40/40/20
>>
>>37396758
Actually I'm taking in 185 grams and drinking a gallon of water a day
>>
>>37396951
alright what the fuck is going on in your life

you're 130lbs but you're on a low calorie diet and somehow you convinced yourself that cutting important fats and consuming more protein instead is a good idea?

What are you trying to even do?
>>
>>37396758
>destroy your liver

is a meme bruhs.

you can easily take up to 3g/lb of protein and be fine. most people recommend 1-2g/lb of protein anyway
>>
There probably is a limit but it's not relevant for most people. You probably couldn't physically eat that much unless you're just literally sitting there eating powder with a spoon like it was fucking breakfast cereal.
>>
>>37396459

If you really want to sort this stuff out, look into Lyle MacDonald's work - he has an entire book on protein and its relationship to fitness.

When your body absorbs protein, it's broken down into base amino acids and floats around in the blood stream for 1 to 3 days, before being filtered out by the kidneys and pissed out. The only time you'll be pissing out protein is if you're eating more than 300 grams of it a day.

While it's floating around in the blood stream it's either used to build more muscle mass or it's transformed into glucose as it passes through the liver.

How much protein your body can actually use to build muscle depends too much on external factors to give a good estimate.

Studies show that .8 grams per pound of lean body mass is just about the hard-cap for strength building.
>>
>>37397073
I'm not intentionally on a low diet all I eat is eggs, tuna,chicken breast and salmon, along with 3 cups of rice spread out through these meals. I usually have 2 plain Greek yogurts with 20 almonds in each for fats. What am I doing wrong? Eating about 5 meals a day btw
>>
It's like eating calories. If you eat 10,500 calories worth of pizza in one sitting, would you put on three full pounds of body fat overnight? No, but then again, you probably wouldn't be able to physically eat that much anyway.
>>
>use grams for proteins
>use lbs for body weight
stick to one system, amerilards
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.