[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /fit/ think about yoga?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
What does /fit/ think about yoga?
>>
Yoga and dancing makes the hottest female body
For dudes, hell no senpai
>>
>>37396386
I'm taking a yoga class later today for the first time. What can I expect?
>>
>>37396842
what kind of yoga?
>>
>>37396842
Stank
>>
>>37396386

It's great. It compliments hard lifting really well. Especially for natties as it reduces cortisol. Also yeah the women are usually hot as.
>>
Yoga for chicks is probably the best/hottest method of becoming fit. It's also god-tier for guys, helps a shitton with balance, core strength, and meditative gains if you're into that kind of thing. Don't buy into the nu-wave energy healing bullshit, it's stretching, plain and simple, and it's great for you. Find a studio that's not forcing the hippie bullshit down your throat.

>>37396403
Weak and ignorant statement. Guys have been doing yoga for far longer than woman, and all the old master yogis were men. It's fantastic and can be used as a supplement for lifting.
>>
I've done yoga since january. it's quite fun, serves as light cardio and makes stretching bearable. you get to show off your strength in some positions.

it's not good training, but it can work as a light/active recovery day. it doesn't seem to interfere with my lifting at all.
>>
>>37396842
You're making a good choice. You'll work up a light sweat, stretch out a whole bunch, and just hold all sorts of awkward positions. Yoga isn't super harcore (generally speaking) so it gets made fun of by most lifters, but if you lift 4-5 times a week, having a yoga day can really help with recovery.
>>
>>37396386
Fucking fantastic for stretching.
Essential part of my lifting routine.
Better flexibility for getting railed in the ass.
>>
>>37396386
it's fucking awesome. best thing for stretching. also, the meditation/clear mind gains
>>
File: 1451745887816.png (3 MB, 1280x949) Image search: [Google]
1451745887816.png
3 MB, 1280x949
>>37396871
This guy gets it.

Yoga is great and it really compliments lifting well. You can really improve your range of motion with it.
>>
>be 23, in a really good shape
>have shit range of motion for my whole life, pathetic flexibility
>decide enough is enough, sign up for a yoga class
>literally nothing but milfs
>all milfs, everywhere
>I'm the only male
>they wonder why I'm there
>I can't even being to do the shit they do, bridges and what not
>I don't give up, I keep going
>every class I'm there with my retarded flexibility, milfs think it's cute
>fastforward 2 months
>I'm more flexible with better range of motion than ever, my lifts have improved, I've fucked 2 milfs
would recommend to everyone
>>
>>37396998
>compliments
>>
>>37396386
I was training 4-6 hors of muay thai , mma and bjj a day. After a week of this i decided to do power yoga to limbre up and stretch.....it was the most difficult shit iv done, and i was sore for days. Seriously some difficult shit if you join the right class, other classes are pretty chill.
>>
>>37397052
>every fucking person is a native english speaker
>>
Yoga is for girls who don't actually work out otherwise and want a reason to dress up in comfortable clothes. For dudes kinda gay but actually decent challenge if you're into stretching
>>
Are you shirtless on yoga classes or not?

Only reason ti sign up to fuck some milfs
>>
>>37397052
He used that in the right context, are you illiterate?
>>
>>37396386
I think it's good for girls and traps (no homo)
>>
>>37397042
Like a champ
>>
>>37396386

I think yoga na give me the sauce to that chik-fil-a booty
>>
>>37397688
It's complements senpai, as in goes well with or competes, not compliments, which is saying it looks nice that day
>>
do you guys go to a studio or do yoga at home?
>>
File: Yoga_Flame.gif (99 KB, 216x146) Image search: [Google]
Yoga_Flame.gif
99 KB, 216x146
>>37396386
I lift to attain the mastery of YOGA FLAME
>>
>>37396386
If you have lifted at all (are strong), have coordination, balance, and any flexibility, it's easy, relaxing, and fun. Basically glorified stretching and if you lift, it's good for you.

No, nobody really cares if you get a boner, it happens, and everyone else is more interested in doing yoga than checking your shorts.
>>
If your lifting and not stretching/doing myofascial release exercises your doing it wrong.

I used to be the same, thinking stretching and mobility training was all bullshit, but if you want your muscles to "sit" in the most aesthetic position and look their best, you need to stretch them and get them mobile.

Stretched muscles look better, they are more functional, they are less prone to injury, they give you a better standing posture.

Basically you won't look like a gym lunk that has rounded shoulders and a forward head with a bent back.

Personally I think going to yoga classes isn't necessary, just go online and look up the poses and try them out maybe watch some youtube videos, the more you do the pose the more it reveals itself to you.
>>
>>37398980
Also I wanted to add, yoga is more brutal then most think.
I guarantee 99% of the "tough" meathead mentality lifters who think yoga is soft and for pussies wouldn't make it through a yoga workout.
It is surprisingly difficult, if you think lifting some weight is painful try stretching a muscle for minutes on end it's a whole new world of pain
>>
>>37399023
Fucking this, even the "easy" shit for your first time will tell you what your weaknesses are. Its just you and the mat.
>>
>>37399137
Bet these do you even stretch mode pussies cant even touch their toes amirite xD

Yeah defiantly agree with you tho, it's a great way to learn what your weak spots are and what you need work on.
>>
Yoga chicks are fetish. I literally cannot go do yoga somewhere in public
>>
File: yoga.jpg (2 MB, 2400x1872) Image search: [Google]
yoga.jpg
2 MB, 2400x1872
>whore wearing "yoga" pants =/= yogi
>>
>>37398980
link to a good routine?
>>
>>37399244
Just go to google type in beginner yoga poses and give stuff a try.

Youtube "Surya namaskar" and "the tibetan rites" for a pretty good beginner "flow" yoga sequences that work together.

I don't really do routines, I just kind of have a few poses I do daily or when I feel I'm tight.

Pidgeon pose - ass and obliques
Downward dog - hamstrings and calves
Standing forward fold - Hamstrings
Forward Lunge - Hip flexor/quad
Shoulders I used a broomstick stretch which is really good, although I've found using a light but strong cloth in place of the broomstick works better as it gives you more option with your wrist movement.

I'm more into myofascial release atm, it's putting pressure on targeted trigger points in the body that releases deeper tissue easier and you can bypass current mobility restrictions to get to the tissue that needs it most.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AzNMkq8wBU

Fast forward to 1:30 for a good beginner myofascial release techniques, try it you will be hooked bro I can't believe I didnt start doing this stuff earlier.
>>
>>37396896
But take a look at the old master yogis, their flexibility is impressive but they usually look like hungry skeletons.
>>
modern, western conceptions of yoga is satanic horseshit. doing yoga should not be an off the cuff thing you do after a workout, it's serious shit

if you want to stretch just do gymnastic stretches they're just as good and wont doom your fucking soul if you do it wrong
>>
i think it's embarrassing when white people do it.
>>
>>37399580
yes all those happy healthy yogis stretching learning how to breathe correctly sure do look like they are making deals with the devil
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.