[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i'm new to calorie counting and cooking and was wondering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: breast.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
breast.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
i'm new to calorie counting and cooking and was wondering if you're supposed to weigh chicken out before or after it's cooking for accurate measurements? if you weigh it before there's still a lot of water weight in it so idk
>>
>>37395843

after thaw
>>
>>37395843
Weight it thawed, uncooked.
>>
after cook. - raw can have excessive moisture water weight in it, which increases weight, you end up adding more calories/protein in your tracker....for which is just extra water weight.

100g cooked chicken breast skinless (nothing added, not including oil) = 165 calories, 30g protein.

weigh after cooking
>>
>>37395852
>>37395863
pls ignore

>>37395843
you measure before or after depending on the calorie counter you use. most calorie counters give you options, cooked vs raw.

i usually do cooked because they take in account some of the oil.
>>
>>37395902
>i usually do cooked because they take in account some of the oil.

lol, it doesn't take into account how much oil YOU use.

also

>cooking chicken with oil

get a better fry pan, or cook it in the oven in a baking tray with baking paper, cover it in spices for taste, you dont need oil.
>>
>>37395843
Raw, you faggots. Measure how much oil you used and count that as well. A lot of fluids are lost when you cook meat therefore it has less mass. So if you weigh 8 oz of chicken raw, cook it and weigh it again, and it will still be the same amount of chicken you had before it will just weigh less because it's drier than it was raw.
>>
>>37395843
I use calorie counter that takes raw chicken only. You get 165 g of cooked chicken from 200 g of raw one (thawed).
>>
>>37395990

oh look at this guy

of course you dont measure the oil separately, you just weigh the chicken and assume the weight includes the oil and has the same calories as the chicken
>>
>>37395843

i too have wondered as the chicken breasts have to just be pumped up with saline since no chicken on the face of the earth has pecs that big
>>
Just be consistent but you're better off counting content after you've cooked anything.. 100g rice for example, is a lot of rice raw.. cooked, not too bad.
>>
Most foods should say on the nutrition label whether they are going by raw or cooked weight.
>>
>>37396489
what, rice absorbs water so 100 g after cooking is like 200 g of rice, how is that less?
>>
>>37395870
This.
>>
File: growth-chart.jpg (52 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
growth-chart.jpg
52 KB, 500x375
Cooked of course. Here's a way to test if where you're buying your chicken breasts from is scamming you.

>weigh chicken breast raw
>calculate total macros/calories

>cook the chicken
>weight the chicken breast cooked
>calculate total macros/calories

If your macros/calories are different, that means that your chicken is being pumped full of excessive water weight. This is why you should always weigh cooked first.
I usually charge for this advice to my clients, but I felt like giving this freebee out to /fit/. Enjoy :-)
>>
>>37396849
>This is why you should always weigh cooked first
wait what
>>
>>37395870
This is how I've always done it.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.