[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Paleo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Femanon here. What's does /fit/ think about the Paleo diet? I ate Paleo for a couple of months and saw improvemnt, less bloated, more slim. So, healthy? Reasonable?? Worth giving up cheese?!?!
>>
SS+GOMAD
>>
>>37393071
you're the one who did it FOR A COUPLE MONTHS why don't you ask yourself what you think of it you dumb fucking cunt
>>
A www thanks for the kind words anon. So happy about my first post on /fit/
>>
>>37393071
YOU eat right and hit the gym for MONTHS wit no progress while STACEY eats PIZZA and ICECREAM then STRETCHES once a week and has a MODEL tier body
>>
You probably felt better on the diet because it forced you to give up some bad habits. Maybe you were getting to much sugar before, or too much of something else, or not enough of something, etc. That some of the changes you made were beneficial doesn't mean that all of them were, though. Unless you have a milk allergy there's no reason not to eat high quality cheese and bread, in moderation. And do you really cut out legumes? That's just dumb.

If I had to guess, I'd guess that you felt better because you stopped drinking soda and eating fast food, and not because of anything more specific than that.
>>
I never ate soda or fast food before I tried Paleo. But I'm sure the no sugar was the best part.
>>
lol women are dumb
>>
>>37393189
Tip for the future: Don't call attention to your gender when it's not relevant to the topic. It seems like a cheap way to get more attention for your post, and people on most boards will respond negatively to it.

>>37393300
Most people get way too much refined sugar, I think. Even sugar is fine, though, in moderation, by which I mean less than one sugary food or drink a week on average, maybe two at Christmas. In general I don't think that diets that completely exclude things are ever better than moderation, if you understand what proper moderation actually means. I wouldn't eat nachos, for example, but a slice of a nice cheese with an apple is a pretty good snack, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. It's impossible to know what change benefited you the most without knowing what your diet was like before, but you should be able to figure it out if you pay attention and think about what you eat.
>>
>>37393071
I want to fuck that banananananana peeel
>>
>>37393071
Lol, bitches. What was the point of this thread?

I dunno about your damn diet, how about you tell us?
>>
>>37393071
Psmf and eat right

Paleo turns you into a fatty the second you have a biscuit.
>>
4 fucking scoops
>>
>>37393071
paleo is good for weight loss, but good luck making big gains on a low-carb diet
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 245x327) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 245x327
>>37394235
>>
>>37393071
Bitch
>>
>>37394398
>female
>gains
select one
>>
>>37393071
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMOjVYgYaG8
>>
>>37393071

why do chicks like paleo so much
>>
>>37393071
Literally zero science behind it, plus it doesn't even live up to its retarded name(humans didn't exist in the paleozoic era, let alone fucking bananas).

A lot of people do get benefits from the diet, although that's incidental. Take someone who's used to eating a lot of processed carbs and sugary shit and put them on a high protein diet, of course they're gonna see improvements.
>>
>>37395329
Very instagram friendly meals
>>
>>37393071

We will need you to post pictures of your exposed breasts and/or buttocks in order to give you objective advice pertaining to whatever it was that you asked about.
>>
>no carbs
>no sugars
>no processed shit

So how is this a diet? Dont eat bad shit and eat good shit.

Also,
>no dairy

top cuck
>>
File: 1460989113940.jpg (47 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1460989113940.jpg
47 KB, 600x450
>>37393240
kek
>>
File: big_1451114808_image.jpg (112 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
big_1451114808_image.jpg
112 KB, 1280x720
>>37393240
>mfw UMARUCHAN eats CHIPS and SQUID PIZZA while I work out HARD at the gym and make no progress.
>>
>>37393071

Like with any diet, Paleo has good and bad things about it. Overall, it's not a great way to eat. Getting more fruits and vegetables in and avoiding processed foods is always a good thing, but eschewing whole grains and legumes and relying on lots of meat isn't.

The paleo idea is mostly a gimmick. If it motivates you to get fit, good on you, but don't take it too seriously.
>>
>>37395597
To me anything that involves eating less, comes off as gimmicky. I don't have the mindset of eating in moderation. I would eat when I'm hungry or feel like eating. These "fad diets" are an immense help. Lately I have been eating fruit. Availability of baked and sliced bread were major components to my past failures. So much so that I am fearful of eating whole grains like pasta and brown rice or even white potatoes. As I type this out, the latter foods don't seem problematic for me. It has always been the sliced bread.
>>
>>37395351
Paleo is short for 'paleolithic', not 'paleozoic'.
>>
>>37394708
hahah
>>
>>37395736
>To me anything that involves eating less, comes off as gimmicky.

It literally CAN'T work any other way. If you eat more calories than you burn, you will gain weight. If you eat fewer calories than you burn, you will lose weight. Period.

The true goal of ANY diet (fasting, keto, paleo, you name it) is to try to trick you into not being so fucking hungry all the time that you end up cheating. They might try to church it up with "muh cavemen" or "muh ketosis" or whatever, but that really is what it boils down to in the end.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.