[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I keep seeing all these contradictions in you guys' arguments,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Fotolia_28206698_XS.jpg (51 KB, 286x419) Image search: [Google]
Fotolia_28206698_XS.jpg
51 KB, 286x419
So I keep seeing all these contradictions in you guys' arguments, and saying shit like

>"x" is bad for u
>no retard "x" is good for u

I just want a solid concrete answer. I am not fat, but chubby. If I want to look like the guy in pic related, do I need to drop the cardio? Do I need to do more weight training? Because currently I have been lifting weights and doing a bit of cardio and I'm seeing no results and I'm fucking infuriated because I come on here for advice but all I see is retards debating over whats good for you and whats bad for you. Just tell me, if I want to lose weight and get toned as fast as possible, do I focus more on cardio, or more on lifting weights?
>>
>>37385880
Lose weight faggot and do both.
>>
That guy is literally dyel to the max. Cut and cardio.

Troll/10
>>
>>37385880
>Because currently I have been lifting weights and doing a bit of cardio and I'm seeing no results
thats because your diet is shit.
>>
You need to eat 500-800 calories below your TDEE. You need to do a solid lifting program along with it. Cardio is not necessary to look good but it is still great. It burns additional calories and is wonderful for your health.
>>
>>37385936
I should add. Once you reach a level of body fat you're happy with, you should bulk by about 500 calories and build muscle.

You could also bulk first and cut later. That would be better in the long run, but for the short term you'll be happier cutting first.
>>
File: 1434163806660.jpg (69 KB, 560x440) Image search: [Google]
1434163806660.jpg
69 KB, 560x440
>>37385880
What you need to do is perform the 'Starting Strength' exercise program and drink a gallon of milk every single day
>>
>>37385880
Listen bro i'm still dyel but shit is not rocket science.

First of all you have to fucking lift,cant tell you for how long to look like guy in your pic but I promise its not more than a year.I have friend that look better after a year of training and they all do brosplits.

Second you dont do fucking SS if you want to look good,you do it to get stronger.If you want to look good you do something more hypetrophy oriented (search beginner ppl reddit on google).

SS is not bad,it maked you get a lot stronger,but it wont make you have the show muscles we all want.

Third you fucking cut to look like the guy in your pic.

And thats it man,not that hard.

Also you decide,better gains doing a slight bulk (500kcals over your TDEE) or slower gains by cutting but getting rid of your fat.

If you are a total noob gains will happen no matter what you do but after a point you will have a hard time,that guy barelly lifted at all so idk man,you could look like him in some months if you started right now.

Good luck.
>>
File: 1458136613470.jpg (51 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1458136613470.jpg
51 KB, 500x500
>>37385936
>>37385959
>>37385990
>>37386012

Wrong you retards, you need to eat way more calories than normal, while also doing shitloads of cardio.

Don't lift weights OP, you'll get too bulky and end up looking like pic related, cardio will give you that toned physique you're looking for.
>>
>>37385880
>I am not fat, but chubby
Yes you are you deluded piece of shit
>>
Do both cardio and weight training. Always. Even during a bulk or cut. It keeps you lean and is good for you. Helps you be well rounded. Its shitty to be benching 4 plates but getting winded trying to catch an elevator.

Secondly, how long have you been lifting for? I say lift at a small (300-500) calorie surplus for 3 months or so. Then cut for another 3 months. If you have good genetics (more on this later) you will somewhat look like him.

Make sure your diet is in check. Research macros. Eat whole foods, vegetables, whole grains, lean mean. Count calories.

At the end of you can have the same amount of muscle as this guy. But you might not look exactly the same. Because people are different and people put on muscle in different places. A lot of these "model" physiques aren't very impressive. They don't take years of dedication and hard work. You just have to have decent genetics. This dude has good muscle insertions, especially in the pec area. And doesn't seem to store a large amount of body fat in the midsection. Unlike a lot a us. Your results may vary.
>>
>>37386026
Please don't listen to this guy.
>>
>>37386026
I kekd
>>
>>37385880
1. Eat 20% below your TDEE (http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator)
2. Lift weights following some sort of sensible program such as
>http://jcdfitness.com/2009/01/lyle-mcdonalds-bulking-routine/
>https://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/
>https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/reg-park-beginner-workout.html

Do this for 1.5 - 2 years
>>
>>37386149
>do this for 1.5 to 2 years
?????????

he said he is slightly chubby, how do you suppose it will take him two years for a 20-30lb cut?
>>
>>37385880
Fuck you OP all this good advice and you ignore it.Not helping newfags ever again.
>>
>>37386194
this

I looked like >>37386026 after lifting natty for only six months, so looking like OP's pic should only take 1-2 days
>>
>>37386200
Dude chill out. I have read every reply and I apreciate it all.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.