[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/qtddtot/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36
File: 1464654741272.jpg (49 KB, 649x649) Image search: [Google]
1464654741272.jpg
49 KB, 649x649
Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

anyone have any info on how much calories you burn during a SS workout?
>>
>>37385315

its not a lot - weightlifting doesnt burn nearly as many calories as cardio.

i would just ignore it as neglible.
>>
I wanted to get a home gym but the only place that I can put it is in a tiled area. What do? Should I build a platform?
>>
>>37385400

cant you buy those jigsaw-piece shaped plastic mats?
>>
>>37385400
Rubber plates
>>
how do I make lifting help with depression again, and how to stop having suicidal thoughts?
>inb4 kys
no u fgt
>>
>>37385361
my instinct tells me it shouldn't really be negligible. picking up objects as heavy as a person and putting them back down again should require a bit of energy, as per basic physics. I could be wrong tho. I'll look it up.
>>
>>37385407
Do those work well? I assumed they were just for kids so that they don't fall and hurt themselves, not for heavy weights.
>>37385418
I was thinking that, but they are really expensive.
>>
Anybody else have problems doing cleans? I've watched a million videos on form and I can't figure out how to rack the bar. I literally cannot find an arm position that let's me drop the weight on my front delts.
>>
>>37385361
>doing grueling sessions of squats, power cleans, deadlifts and presses
>negligible caloric output
>>
>>37385460

I have the same problem but with OHP.
>>
>>37385458

I've seen them in use at my old job's gym. Maybe there are special kinds for gyms, i dont know.

>>37385468

I do know that one 2 hour powerlifting workout of heavy squats I tracked a while back only burned 200 calories, even though i was sweating like a horse at the end of it.
>>
>>37385315

Based on doing roughly 9 sets and spending about one set per 5 minutes, I'd imagine 250 +1/pound over 150
>>
>>37385438
answer pls fgt
>>
>>37385468
Not the samefag but it really is tiny. 5 miles of running burns about 550 calories depending on speed. And weight lifting isn't even close to that. Your hour at the gym burns maybe 200 calories if you're really pushing it.
>>
>>37385438
>>37385512

get a lifting buddy/get a proper goal

after the rush of just starting, you need a new target to aim for. I would recommend amateur powerlifting, as the community is one of the nicest around.
>>
>>37385512
There's no answer to this you tard.
>I found SS to be really good for depression.

The fuk do you wanna hear? Nobody knows. Work out more.
>>
is it okay to include alcohol calories into my carb macros when i am bulking?
>>
>>37385547

no, alcohol is empty carbs.
>>
>>37385478
You able to fix it? I can't front rack the bar at all. I just don't bother doing so for OHP.
>>
D-does natty mean without steroids, or without any supplements at all?
>>
>>37385438
Set a goal. About the suicidal part, only time can fix that, and you ofcouse not killing yourself.
>>
>>37385573

without steroids.
>>
>>37385315
>>37385361
>>37385444
>>37385468
>>37385480
>>37385518
alright here's what I've found:
Most strength-training workouts burn only a modest amount of calories compared to aerobic activities.
>Half an hour of moderate weightlifting burns 112 calories if you weigh 155 pounds and 133 calories if you're 185 pounds,
>Vigorous weightlifting burns 223 calories for a 155-pound person and 266 calories for a 185-pound person.
however
>Lifting weights just 5 to 10 percent heavier than the ones you currently use may help you burn 500 to 600 more calories per strength training session.
>Heavier weights with which you can perform only 6 to 8 repetitions are a better option than light weights with which you can perform 12 to 15 repetitions
>Compound exercises, which involve multiple joints, burn more calories than isolation exercises involving just one joint, such as biceps curls.
take that as you will.
>>
My partner called me sexual the other day, and I'm not sure what he meant by that. Any one got any ideas? I know the definition of sexual, buy when I apply to myself, a human, it doesn't quite make sense to me.
>>
>>37385616
Calling bullshit on the 5% increase burns 500 extra calories, that number is absurd. Need source.
>>
can I cross the border from canada to usa with creatine in my carry on luggage ? what do I risk ?
>>
>>37385547
>>37385556

Alcohol calories are specifically not a for of protein/fat/carbs. They don't count for any of those. They're pretty shit.
>>
>>37385650
wish I knew where they took that from as well. here's the article.
>http://www.livestrong.com/article/428523-calories-burned-in-a-30-minute-strength-exercise-session/
references at the bottom
>>
>>37385620
maybe they meant sexy+sensual. is english your native language?
>>
I'm failing one of my subjects hard (sitting at 30%) and I have an exam tomorrow. I haven't even looked at this subject in about a month or shown up to classes in the last two. Should I show up to the exam and get a fail, or can I just settle for the Unit Incomplete.
I don't think I can pull 70% out of my ass writing in a language I know nothing about and I'd rather train legs instead.
>>
any ideas on what I could add to this basic protein batter to make it more moist and chewy?

basic recipe is
>whey protein 1scoop
>egg 2

tastes like eating sweet dishwashing sponge and is a bit hard to swallow. you could probably choke on it and die.

used it as a base for a cake for someone's birthday and it turned out alright really. they're on a really retarded diet and I had to make do. all things considered, it was edible.

you can also use it as a base to make protein bread.
>>
>>37385804
I went through their sources and none of them gave that 500 cal number. Literally never mentioned. Wtf livestrong?
>>
>>37385818
Hmm, OK. Yeah, not my first language, but now it's my most fluent. I think he was referring to my high sex drive
>>
File: KfucOsR.png (783 KB, 802x523) Image search: [Google]
KfucOsR.png
783 KB, 802x523
So what's the best food tracking app? So far I've looked into LoseIt and LifeSum. I'm about 5'8'' 198lb and want to lose fat.

Lifesum tells me I have to eat ~1300 calories to lost 2lbs/week.

LoseIt tells me I need to eat ~1600 calories to lose 2lbs/week

Why is there such a big difference? What should I follow to git gud?
>>
>>37385974
>tfw you're more fluent in english than you are in your native language
iktf bro. at least that's how it feels to me. not sure what the opinion of a native speaker would be.
>>
>>37385458
I use those jigsaw mat things on a concrete basement floor, they keep from damaging the concrete and the weights themselves, just don't slam stuff around. Tile floors though you should probably be a little more careful, depending on what kind of tile too
>>
So I have fucked up my shoulders due to poor form. Just started lifting two months ago and now my shoulders ache every time my push day comes around. Specifically shoulder workouts. Chest workouts are fine and no pain stems from those. So now I have to change my routine and add a lot of stretching and light weight workouts to train my shoulders to health and add double the back workouts to chest workouts considering I never have to begin with. Now that I'll be switching it up, should I continue to advance on weight elsewhere even though I won't be on shoulders?
>Anyone?
>>
>>37385974
Yes. That and you're probably pretty touchy compared to most English speakers. We tend to keep our hands to ourselves at all times. Also being "sexual" and being "sexy" are very different. Are you sure "sexual" is what he said?
>>
what are some good snacks for bulking?
>>
>>37385315
Why does she not love me?
>>
>>37386125
Tuna
Greek yogert
Protein shakes.
Chicken breast
Depends on what you mean by "snack"
>>
>>37386147
Weak lats
>>
>>37386052

myfitnesspal is p good
>>
>>37386153
something to eat between meals
>>
>>37386354
Ok what is a meal? Food isn't magically divided into meal-food and snack-food. Everything you can eat as a "meal" is also a "snack". Are you looking for something portable? Can be eaten cold? Low prep? What are you looking for?
>>
File: Day 1.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
Day 1.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
I'm 6'1", 132.6 lbs and am about to start very intense workouts so that I can be fit by the end of the summer. I have a few questions that the sticky and google haven't answered.

Firstly, what's a good basis for a diet? My plan for now is to eat a ton of red meat, eggs, and drink whey protein mixed with water (though I threw up when I tried to drink one a few minutes ago since it's so disgusting). Are there any tips you can give for eating?

Also, my workout routine is as follows (I will fill in the weights as needed):
A Day - Squat (3x5), B. Press (3x8), Deadlift (3x8), Dips (3x10), Curls (3x10), Overhead Extension (3x8), Pushup (3x10), Situp (3x10)
B Day - Squat (3x8), Military Press (3x8), Bent Over Rows (3x5), Chinups (3x3), Seated Calf Raise (3x10), Pushup (3x10), Situp (3x10)
A and B days alternate, no breaks except maybe like once every weeks or if I physically can't work out.

Is this too harsh? As pic related will show, I'm absurdly skinny and out-of-shape, so I figured I needed to basically torture myself if I want to get any results.
>>
>>37386529
lad, that phone looks like it weighs more than you.
>>
How can I feel more shoulder activation when doing land mine tbar press or whatever it's called? I can't OHP and this seemed like the best alternative but I don't feel a lot of shoulder work happening
>>
>>37386551
I know...whatever you say is true, I'm a complete weakling. I want to change that.
>>
6'2" 210. No matter what I do I can't fucking build muscle. Feel like giving up. Wat do
>>
>>37385862
If you want to pass and not waste your money, then I suggest you start studying right now.
This was a stupid as fuck question.

>>37386080
describe the pain. is it sharp? do you only feel it when working out?
>>37386529
You want my opinion? You don't know what the fuck you're doing with that routine. No rest days as well? Hahahah! Oh man, where do I start? I'm 100% sure you wouldn't last 5 days on this routine. Not only that, but since you're new, a way less "complex" routine would be more beneficial. You don't know what the fuck you're doing.
>>
I have about 15 lb of body fat to lose before I'm satisfactorily cut (6'2" 210), but I'd rather bulk. Will adding muscle on a decent frame be as aesthetic as losing 15 lb without building much muscle?
>>
>>37385547
Sadly as much as I try to justify it to myself, alcohol has no place in being /fit/. Don't care tho, I'll be drinking my beer on my patio every weekend
>>
>>37386603
Hypothetically, let's say I give it my all and I last the whole summer on that routine. Would it work? What I mean is: is that a good routine? It's my own concoction.
>>
>>37385573
If you bulked without any supplements at all you'd be huge but you'd also be poor as fuck. And your cholesterol would probably be all fucked up too
>>
>>37386529
>Firstly, what's a good basis for a diet?

the hierarchy of diet gainz is like this:

1, Total calories
2. Total carbs
3. Total protein

As long as you eat _some_ protein (from animal sources + eggs) you got No 3 covered.

By far the most important is total calories and total carbs - protein should almost be an after though.

Cue the millennial fags telling me I'm wrong lol
>>
File: 1403369794877.jpg (97 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1403369794877.jpg
97 KB, 720x960
>>37385315
you have to take into account how much milk you drink as well.
>>
>>37386648
Nigga you're not going to last on that routine. Not even if you "gave it your all. "Like I said, you DON'T KNOW WHAT THE FUCK YOU'RE DOING.
>no rest days
>3x3 chinups
>3x5 to 3x8 alternating day squats
>3x10 pushups
>3x8 DL
>situps
You have a clusterfuck of a routine; it's laughable
>>
>>37386529
Looks like you've got almost everything covered except you won't be able to work the same muscle groups within 2 days so try either splitting the work outs up over 3 days or have a rest day after every 2 days good luck and eat lots
>>
>>37385650
Depends on how many reps if you think about it. Ft-lb is a form of energy, just like kcal. I think the conversion is like 1 ft-lb = .000324 kcal. So if you do for example curls, a curl is lifting something like 2 ft right? So
3x10x20lbx2ft each arm= 0.7777kcal
3x10x22.5lbx2ft each arm=0.8749kcal

So 2.5 lb per arm increase is a 12.5% increase in calories burned
>>
>>37386736
>except you won't be able to work the same muscle groups within 2 days

lol, tell that to a sherpa or a construction worker.

this peopel is why the west is fucked. faggots cant do two days in a row lol
>>
Im too fat too do a proper pushup. I can only do half of a proper push up, if i lay on my stomach i can lift myself pretty easily, so if i repeat this will it help me with the lowering portion? should i commit to the down movement even though it fails?
>>
>>37386435
Are you a retard or do you actually not know what a snack is?
>>
do fat burn supplements work?
>>
>>37386665
Is protein derived from animal sources actually different from whey powder?
>>
>>37386691
>3x3 chinups
That will change as I get stronger. As of now, I can hardly do 3 chinups.
>no rest days
Again, that could change. My schedule is in beta right now.
>3x8 DL
Is 8 too much? I think I can manage.
>situps
What, pray tell, is wrong with situps? So far they're the only thing I've ever done that I can feel results from. In the past exercises just hurt and don't do anything for me.
>3x10 pushups
Again, nothing wrong with that afaik

>>37386736
Would a rest day severely hurt my gains?
>>
>>37386750
https://youtu.be/4dF1DOWzf20?t=238
>>
>>37386849
rest is when your body makez the gainz. you absolutely need rest days or you will do serious damage and gain no gainz. check the sticky at the top of /fit/ to get some basic info.
>>
>>37385315
Anyone got the chart that says the bodyfat percentages of certain heights and the most weight the body can naturally hold at that bodyfat?
>>
>>37386849
different guy
What do you hope to accomplish with sit-ups?
Sit-ups are probably the worst exercise there is.
You don't need 3x8 for DL's
You are NOT going to make it with that routine. You probably won't even make that much 'gains.' I can tell you this much: you lack so much information on working out that you won't get anywhere. just follow a different
>>
Is my current routine good or am I stacking too much on one day? I feel like I'm doing way to much on upper body days.

My current is Monday and Thursday upper body and Tuesday Friday lower body

Upper Body: Everythings 4x8
Bench Press
Dumbbell Flys
Single Arm Row
Lat Pulldown
Dumbell Shoulder Press, Lat Raises, Front Raises, Supersetted
Curls, Hammer Curls, Side Curls, Supersetted
Tricep Pulldown, Skullcrushers

Lower Body: Again 4x8
Squat
Deadlift
Leg Curl
Leg Extension
Calf Raises

I was following a 4 day split and started throwing in more exercises which I think might be to my detriment.
>>
Any recommended cook books/recipes/websites for eating healthy and meeting macro/calorie goals?
>>
I started working out with weights 3 months ago or something and am fairly new to this

can someone tell me how important form is?

If I do curls for example I fear of adding more weight because my elbows move a little more with every rep (after initial 4 that usually go without probems)

is there some kind of middle ground I should aim between form or is form everything and I shouldnt add more weight unless I can keep everything but the used muscle still?
>>
>>37386867
thanks for this m8
>>
are front raises a decent substitute for military presses?
>>
File: poopnoculars.jpg (125 KB, 700x748) Image search: [Google]
poopnoculars.jpg
125 KB, 700x748
should i be switching my overhand on mixed grip deads? or does the hand i use repeatedly not have any effect
>>
What's a Keto diet, is it effective and if so how do I get started?
>>
pretty new here and this is gonna sound so stupid but what is cutting? like what do I have to do to cut
>>
What BF% do you lose the flabby chest? Will your skin be loose?
>>
File: mfw.jpg (47 KB, 800x522) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
47 KB, 800x522
I just found out I crossed into the overweight territory for my height. I'm 6'2 and 204 lbs. I looked up a BMI calculator or what and it says I need 1800 calories a day to lose weight. Does that sound right?

What can I do exercise-wise to help with the weight loss? At what point do I stop cutting and start trying to put on muscle?
>>
When did the whole sempai/fampai shit start. I stopped coming to fit 2 years ago. I'm only back on here because of deployment boredom.
>>
File: PURE.jpg (44 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
PURE.jpg
44 KB, 400x600
>>37386880
Will 2 days on, 1 day off work?

>>37386920
>What do you hope to accomplish with sit-ups?
Working my abs, it feels like it works man.
>You don't need 3x8 for DL's
Yeah I kinda agree that it's not as effective (or at least doesn't feel as effective) as I'd like it to be. Should I swap it with a different exercise?
>You are NOT going to make it with that routine
I dunno man, I just did my first workout with it and it wasn't too brutal, much easier than my previous routine (which I lasted months doing) but feels more effective.
Granted, it's my first day so the weight was probably laughably low by /fit/ standards (15 pound curls, 45/45/65 bench, 45 squats, etc.) Still, I think I can improve and overcome.
>You probably won't even make that much 'gains.'
It's just meant as a starting routine, after that I'll switch to a "mass workout" that my friend does (the one I used to do) which focuses more on individual muscle groups each day rather than a lot of general exercises.
>>
It worries me a bit that I'm becoming more sedentary, due to work and studies -I'm working as an illustrator and designer, so I spend a lot of time sitting- I don't eat garbage food but I don't eat so much as well, maybe three or two small meals per day. The only physical activity that I do is walking 30' everyday to go to the college.
I'm a poorfag, so I can't go to a gym, but there are some exercises or small routines that I can do to become more active and healthy? Any advice?
>>
>>37387248
Chalk and hook grip. Look into it.
I noticed I can't dl as much when my left hand is the underhand
>>
>>37387549
you do both at the same time, eat less and lift weights = muscle and you'll slim down. but dont think you are turning fat into muscle, you're not.
>>
>>37387226
NO. Front raises are good at working your front delts, and that's about it.

OHP works more heads of your shoulders, as well as several other body parts, like triceps for ex.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SFnGBCe5eA&feature=youtu.be

Could someone give me a form check?
How do I into straight bar path?
How do I into elbows down?
How do i just fucking squat better?
>>
>>37387550
Word filter implemented a few months ago
>>
>>37387248
Switch your grips son. Imbalances are real.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZgxkE-2QAw
>>
>>37386751
Are you being intentionally dense or did you come looking for advise then shit on the person trying to help you. Your body has no idea what a snack is. I snack on cooked chicken breast. I also snack on protein bars. "What should I snack on" is literally the least useful indicator of what you actually want. You're basically asking "what should I eat". Fuck off then, and read the sticky.
>>
>>37387549
me again, id also up your calories and lose weight slowly. start on 2300 calories. if you lose weight too fast you will get loose skin and nobody wants that. goodluck!
>>
File: riptide.jpg (48 KB, 960x533) Image search: [Google]
riptide.jpg
48 KB, 960x533
>>37387564
You're such a fucking retard .Your god awful routine wont help you at all. And situps just fuck up your back you weak silly faggot.

>comes to a thread for questions
>gets answers he doesnt likes
>WELL ILL JUST KEEP DOING IT MY WAY ANYWAY CLEARLY THAT IS WORKING

READ THE FUCKING STICKY.
PEOPLE HAVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR DECADES AND YOU THINK YOUR CANDYASS IS GONNA REINVENT THE WHEEL OR SOMETHING
>>
File: 1349353379160.png (16 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1349353379160.png
16 KB, 200x200
>I'm 195lbs, 11 weeks into ss
>DL 285 with the proper warmup sets as well
>Grip fails me 3 times
Should I just strengthen my forearms or switch to hook grip? I feel like it's so early to change my grip....
>>
>>37387508
Bump
>>
>>37387098
form over everything. as long as the muscle is burning and the form is perfect you are doing great and you will see results, then once you feel a bit stronger and can still maintain the perfect form then go up to that weight, you dont want to injure yourself and set yourself back trying to lift too much when you dont have the foundation in place. hope this answered your question
>>
>>37387564
>much easier than my previous routine (which I lasted months doing)

You're a shitposting faggot there is no way you were working out prior look at yourself you literally have NOGAINS.
>>
>>37387590
is it just on /pol/ or site-wide?
>>
>>37387620
I love this pic. That's glorious.
>>
>>37387599
How long until I'm not a fatto no mo
>>
>>37387587
please respond
>>
>>37387620
Lol not the same guy but sit ups are fine. Nowhere in the sticky does it say otherwise, which means you haven't read the damn thing. You can fuck right off sunshine, and take your elitist bullshit elsewhere. Shoo!
>>
How do I deadlift without crushing my balls?
>>
>>37387681
the weight is too heavy for you honestly. Not a big deal just deload and focus completely on form.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka7Dstckhjg
>>
>>37387669
dieting on 2300 and doing nothing else (couch potato mode) will get you no fatto no mo in a year. But if you add 20 mins cardio 3 times a week along with the diet and weights you will be at your goal much sooner, about 4-5 months. again its not a race, enjoy making gains and lifting best of luck.
>>
>>37387587
It's hard to tell, but you may be able to place your feet a bit wider.
Also, do you find that your back is tired all the time or that your core is your weak spot on this lift? Your herky-jerky motion looks like mine did when i was power cleaning too much and overworking my back.
>>
>>37387694
You are the same guy hes not even being elitist. The retard in question (You) came to a thread asking for advice, ignored advice.
Clearly you have not even read the fucking sticky. Otherwise you wouldn't be so obviously new to this you retard.
>>
I go to the gym in my apartment building, and there isn't a squat rack, just a smith machine. Should I just squat using that or what? If I shouldn't, what should I do instead?
>>
>>37387587
looks fine desu.

does it feel alright?
>>
reposting:

somehow over the last week my bench went from 160x5 to 160x10 after a 5 month plateu

only difference was is i started doing power cleans

is there any way that could have spiked my bench? maybe adding exlosiveness or something
>>
Anyone have the meme with 6 different circular colored dot numbers(like the ones you would see in a color blind test) that claims to tell your personality based on which one you can't see? Can't find it anywhere online.
>>
>>37387704
Will do. I've deloaded twice already with such light weight but it's helped with form. I mean it's not perfect now, far from it, but before my deloads my form was absolute shit.

>>37387720
I can definitely place my feet wider. I actually have a pretty narrow stance for low bar just cause i like how it feels. I havent gotten around to experimenting with stances yet. And my lower back has been feeling pretty fatigued lately so I started doing light high bar squats on deadlift days (I'm doing SL) just cause low bar really works my lower back.

>>37387741
feels alright. I sometimes feel my weight shifting too far forward to near my toes rather than my heels which I need to correct before I go heavier. I just wanna hit 2pl8 already, fuck ;_;
>>
>>37386783
>Is protein derived from animal sources actually different from whey powder?

no, but unless your whey is unflavored, what they add to it will literally givve you cancer
>>
>>37385315
250 or so? It's not about the calories burned during the activity. It's about the afterburn during the recovery. The necessity created in your body by lifting burns up more nutrients at rest.
>>
File: beginner strength info.jpg (578 KB, 1884x1580) Image search: [Google]
beginner strength info.jpg
578 KB, 1884x1580
>>37387782
I'm>>37387720

On your next warm-up set, try placing your feet a few inches wider and point your toes outward a bit. If it hurts your knees/any other joints make your stance narrower until it doesn't hurt. This will help wobblyness later on as well.
SL volume is a lot to recover from, even on SS I had to drop my Friday power cleans because my lower back was just too tired all the time.
More general advice:
You're trying to add weight too quickly. Go at your own pace.
You should feel better than you did pre-training, not blasted all the time. If you feel worse, you're overtraining.
And Sleep>Eat>Training
>>
Would the OPM workout actually result in OPM aesthetics?

Inb4 "do something else, OPM sucks, etc."

The simplicity of it is literally the first thing to ever motivate me to work out, so I'm sticking with it. Once I get in the habit I'll consider other stuff, but in the meantime I'm just trying to keep my head down and focus on pushing out the reps. So, sure, it's not the best, its not enough of as effective/fast as SS or whatever, but that's not my question. It fulfills my main need - getting me to actually put in the work.

I just want to know if doing it, even over the course of years, would st some point result in the aesthetics (not strength) of OPM.

Thanks in advance to anyone who bothers to actually answer.
>>
why does masturbating kill my gains?
>>
>>37387912
I've actually switched the 5x5s to 3x5s on SL just due to time in the gym and fatigue. It's been going very well in terms of progress.

And yeah, I do feel like I may be adding weight too quickly. Even today I wanted to go heavier but i told myself "fuck that shit, form is more important and who gives a fuck if all the e-statters online say they hit 2pl8 squat for 5 in 2 months. I will progress at my own pace". It's hard to not feel shitty about my lifts but I guess that's a big aspect of weightlifting. I always have to remind myself I've got years ahead of me to progress, so rushing is insanely stupid.

I'll try the wider stance next time. Thank you anon
>>
>>37388010
Reduces testosterone, which makes workouts less effective.

Except that that's broscience;

https://examine.com/faq/does-ejaculation-affect-testosterone-levels/
>>
>>37387637
strengthen them. You'll be amazed how fast your grip strength will improve.

I went from needing straps for 160kg (get fucked if ur a burger) to 200kg with a mixed grip and chalk in not a whole lot of time.
>>
Should I keep drinking carbonated water while drinking because of the sodium?
>>
>>37388037
I meant cutting lmao im retarded
>>
>>37387582
what can i substitute them with, then?
>>
I need a good calorie counter/food log app for iPhone. Bonus points if it also does macros.
>>
>>37386529
Split this up over 5 days with core in between at least... You might want a rest day between those -- you'll get more out of it that way. Like Monday A tues core (I'd tell you do cardio too but fit is gonna laff), etc. Take off Saturday and Sunday or do something like free yoga at the park on one of those days
>>
>>37388063
Seated dumbbell press
>>
>>37388037
If you are that concerned about sodium, and drink enough bubbly water, just get a SodaStream or whatever and DIY.
>>
>>37386529
>Deadlift 3x8

Dont do this. Deadlift is not a hypertrophy movement. Deadlift is for strength my dude. switch it to 1x5 (obviously with 3-5 warm up sets depending on how much youre lifting). the 1 set should be pretty much be a max effort 5RM.

Trust me, 3x8 deadlifts is a bad bad idea and you will make slooooow progress on the movement doing this. Way too much volume for such a taxing lift.
>>
Just felt like making a post for a tiny bit of recognition, I'm pretty proud of myself.

>started cut in mid-May
>6 feet tall
>1440 cal./day (2 lbs.-per-week loss from TDEE)
>keeping protein intake high and generally eating super healthy
>going to the gym and lifting minimum 5 times/week
>started at around 195
>already 185
>can see stomach literally shrinking, from the top of my ribs getting smaller and slowly going down to my waist
>gonna go down to 165 by August 15 hopefully
>start bulking when I go back to uni

Feelsgoodman. I guess the only question is am I doing good?
>>
>>37387956
Kinda. It's a workout, no doubt, though most /fit/izens will say it is subpar. Any genuine workout, when taken seriously, will result in better you, both internally and externally. I guarantee you will look better afterwards, but how you look is really impossible to say.
>>
>>37388076
I'm interested too
>>
My ankles hurt from jogging and doing squats. How do I make them, you know, not hurt?
>>
>>37387956
I respect your will to get up and work out, but in the long run, the workout will not result in OPM aesthetics.

It's a simple bodyweight routine with no resistance. You need increasing resistance to tear down your muscles so that they grow back bigger. It's not going to result in pic related.

I hate to burst your bubble because you seem to actually care about putting in work now, but you must understand that this is a routine that is literally a meme made up for a show.

Maybe youd make slight aesthetic improvements but nothing anywhere near OPM aesthetics. If you wanna get aesthetic, you gotta lift. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

You could try it and see how it feels but you'd be much better off starting with an actual tried-and-true beginner routine like SS as you stated. I know you said not to suggest it, but do SS or SL and don't waste your time and become demotivated by making little progress on this meme routine
>>
>>37388202
Stop being a whiny bitch. Also ice that shit. But mostly stop being a whiny bitch
>>
How can I be 6'3, 230lbs and struggle with 5x5 of 90lb squat? It's not even half my body weight. How did I become this weak? How can I not even OHP more than the bar? How come I am so inherently dyel?
>>
>>37388282
Fat does not mean strong. There's no muscle under those rolls, my dude. Despite what middle-aged moms say about how fat people have strong legs because they carry around all that weight, it's not true in the slightest.

Keep lifting and youll get stronger
>>
>>37385315
Cut for 4 months and now think I have an eating disorder given the compulsion. How do i tell?
>>
>>37388214
>>37388145
Thank you guys a bunch, that was super helpful. I'll stick with this for like a month or so until working out becomes a habit, then I'll switch to a weight lifting routine from there out (probably SS since I haven't lifted before).

I pretty much figured it wouldn't be enough (it is literally a meme routine, like you said). Even getting to the point of being able to do it has been really hard (100 push-ups in a set is... a lot) but I'll use it as a stepping stone. It makes sense that it would stop having an effect once it gets easy, after all.

So seriously, thank you guys. Dese gainz are 4 u
>>
>>37388346
I believe in you anon.

I like your mentality of starting slow until it becomes habitual then getting on top of a routine. Lots of fuckers try to go straight into going to the gym 7 days a week then fall off the ball because they lost motivation by trying to go from a sedentary lifestyle to a super active lifestyle in an instant.

That's one of the reasons everyone recommends SS - 3 days a week is manageable for anybody. It's a good starting point to ease you into lifting so as to not lose motivation early on.

Good luck on your endeavors my friend and dont give up. Also a tip - split up all the workouts into sets of 10-25 depending on how much you can actually do. 100 in a single set is something not even strong fuckers can do. Bodyweight routines are a good way to ease oneself into a lifestyle of fitness (I'm sure all of us did such a thing) as long as youre smart about it.
>>
>>37385315
Counting calories per activity is a suckers bet, don't fall for it.

It may be ironic, but you get a much better estimate by trying to figure out your BMR and your activity level multiplier. If nothing else, building muscle is not a low calorie activity, but your body does that on rest days, not when you're actually working out.

Personally, when I do my full body program three times per week (in addition to the other stuff I do) my activity level multilpier is 1.55, and when I don't, it's closer to 1.375.

>>37385444
So you'd actually be surprised there. In terms of pure mechanical energy, not much a human body does amounts to much. Remember that even for the craziest top tier, 60 hours of training a week athletes, MORE than half of their daily calories just go to their cells keeping themselves alive.

For instance, consider a 4 plate deadlift. That's 180kg. It moves about .7m against gravity. This is about 1234.8 joules, which is... about 0.3 food Calories.
But of course, our bodies are not 100% efficient converters of food energy into mechanical energy, not even close. I mean, this doesn't even take into account the work your forearm muscles do to maintain grip, or the rest of your body does to maintain posture. But it still goes to show that the reason working out feels exhausting has more to do with damage than with amount of energy consumed.
>>
>>37385315
Will the mobility stuff in the sticky help my posture, particularly my sorta hunchback, and the way my but sticks out cause of my tilted hips?
>>
>>37385460
Sort of. I can do it, but not solidly enough that I can front squat in rack position (I have to do the crossed arms thing).

It might have something to do with the size and position of your front delts, but I was able to do it by widening up my grip some.
>>
>>37387620
I'm not ignoring advice, I'm just trying to figure out what I think would work and applying other people's input. Just because I won't cater to your weird ass ideas about exercise doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, chill out.

>>37387658
It was over a year ago and I gave it up after a few months.

>>37388077
Should my core be just chest and arms? I think I like your idea for a good workout routine but not so much for a starting routine.
>cardio
I heard that cardio is bad for gainz, is that true or is it just a meme?
>free yoga at the park
I've considered yoga but one of the guides I read said that static stretching (i.e. yoga) is bad for gainz, and you should stretch by going through the motions of an exercise.

Thanks for the advice though, will definitely consider it.

>>37388106
So basically just put all of my effort on one good set with a lot of weight? I think that sounds good, but how often should I do it?

Sorry for asking so many questions but I want to ensure maximum gainz
>>
>>37386749
>he thinks a slightly loaded endurance workout is even vaguely similar to the failure level intensity of weight training.

Oh anon....
>>
I'm a lazy sack of shit and hate cooking and it's probably why I'm fat as shit since I just eat take away all the time.

I've been buying bagged salads that are just pre-washed cut up lettuce, packet of dressing, and croutons.

Can I literally survive on this? I'm not huge into vegetables or salad, but these bagged salads are bretty gud. Mostly eating Cesaer. Should I supplement with some kind of meat?
>>
What's the ideal weight for someone who is 6'2?
>>
>>37388106 here
>>37388516
On a standard 3 days a week strength building program, you deadlift 1.5 times a week (alternating AxBxAxx, BxAxBxx).

But yes, that's how you build deadlift strength. Couple warm up sets working up to your working set, then one maximum efort working set. Possibly one cool down set with light weight
>>
theres a squat rack and bench for sale in my area for 350. has a bar and 350lb in plates. is this something i should pull the trigger on? Fairly new condition
>>
I just finished my 10th work out of 5x5. There are so many things I started doing wrong and have had to change. I feel like a fucking failure having fucked around so much.

>At the start I was doing 3x5. Switched over to 5x5.
Is this over kill?

>added 2-5 warm up sets of slowly increasing weight a few sessions in
Is this over kill?

>For bench and OHP I learned what failure finally was.
Is this normal?

>For deadlifts I tried 1pl8 and it was okay but beyond that was hard so I tried 5x5 of 105 and it was too easy
I don't want to snap city, what do?

>working out in an air conditioned shed and I thought that sitting OHP was fine because I'd hit the ceiling if I did them standing, was okay until I decided that I'd try them outside standing and boy was it brutal for the first time. I only just today finally completed a whole 5x5 of the bar for OHP.
How the fuck are you supposed to progress at OHP? Because I'm doing them outside, do I need to add in power cleans?

>doing standing row and feel like it hits different areas every time
How do I fix my form when I'm alone? Is this normal for rows?

Squat is at 90lb 5x5.
Deadlift is at 140lb 5x1.
OHP is at 45lb 5x5
Row is at 65lb 5x5
Bech is at 65lb 5x5
>>
>>37388565
Should I do warm-up sets with lighter weight or with just the bar? Currently, I just hop right into the routine, doing the first two sets at moderate weight and the last one with as much weight as I can do.
>>
>>37388582
6'4, 225lbs btw senpai
>>
>>37386619
No. I mean, do it if you want to. I'm sure plenty of people will find it attractive enough. But it won't be the same cut aesthetic.

>>37386648
>>37386849
>>37387564

I feel like I'm looking into a window to the past here, so don't be too insulted when I say that it sounds like you've watched too much anime.
Working out isn't what gains muscle, it's rest after working out. You make the best gains as a beginner by going as hard as you can. Resting overnight isn't enough, you need at least 48 hours. Needing less than 48 hours to recover means you didn't go hard enough. Willpower doesn't magically overcome biology.
People don't do 1x5 deadlifts because they're too pussy to do more sets and reps. They do it because they're already doing as much weight as they can, and if they did more weight, they would injure themselves. If somebody can do 3x8, they would get more benefits from going down to 1x5 and doing more weight.
Similarly, if you can do full intensity squats two days in a row, you're going too light on both days. The same applies to any work out that hits the same muscles.

The only reason this changes when you're no longer a beginner is because the amount of intensity required to stress your muscles enough, all at once, to make them grow is too close to the amount that will actually give you an injury. So you have to compensate by doing something like a whole bunch of light squats one day followed by medium squats the next day.

So what you need is to either take a full day of rest between every full body work out, or to do partial body work outs back to back.

>>37388076
I use a notebook myself, but almost everybody I know likes MyFitnessPal. And I think it does macros.

>>37387637
You may just need to do an intensity cycle.
>>
File: Why Do I Shot Web.jpg (34 KB, 322x468) Image search: [Google]
Why Do I Shot Web.jpg
34 KB, 322x468
>>37388676
Duely noted, anon. I agree that I might've gotten a bit carried away watching Latsbrah give workout advice, I should be more realistic. So, I think I'll do full-body workouts with one day rest in between each day of working out. Then, once I'm no longer a beginner, I'll move on to partial body work outs back to back like you said.
Thanks for the advice senpai
>>
At what BF% do you lose the flabby chest completely?
>>
Is there any actual info about how much fat a George Foreman grill removes from bacon vs. just frying it in a pan?

I know there's a lot of fat and gunk in the little catch tray. I just would like to know if there's any way to really quantify "a lot". Could I just weigh the gunk in the drip tray?
>>
>>37388582

>At the start I was doing 3x5. Switched over to 5x5.
The supposed 3x5 vs 5x5 trade off is that 5x5 has more time under tension, and so builds more muscle volume than 3x5, but recovery capacity is still not infinite, so you have to do more weight, and thus get less strength.
I honestly don't really see much point in 5x5.

>added 2-5 warm up sets
Extensive warm-ups are an excellent idea and you should keep doing them.

>For bench and OHP I learned what failure finally was.
That seems about right.

>For deadlifts
Deadlifts are supposed to feel hard. What made it feel too hard to do? Maintaining core tightness the whole way through is really important. You may just need to work on that and your grip. Push yourself as long as you can keep your back from being screwed up. A recording camera might help you watch yourself for mistakes.
And tall people have to move the bar more, so they're almost always going to have a worse dead than others.

>OHP
Just keep at it. It'll take a while for the muscle you weren't engaging, but they'll catch up eventually. I know it's surprising how much muscle use sitting takes out, especially if you have something to lean back against.
I recommend you add in power cleans regardless but I don't think they have much carry over to OHP.

>doing standing row
Don't do standing row. Problem solved.
Actually it's a problem with a lot of rows that it's hard to nail the form. The cues are less clear than they are for other exercises. It's part of why starting strength doesn't recommend Pendlay rows for beginners.
>>
>>37388769
Fat renders out of bacon in the skillet too. It just drains completely instead of getting reabsorbed in the grill. Try weighing the bacon before and after frying in a skillet and same for the grill.
I honestly think the difference has been overstated, but I couldn't find an answer by looking.

>>37388768
body fat's storage schema is different for everybody. Some poor unfortunate souls lose moob fat near the last.
>>
>>37388769
buy leaner meat. 95% if you can afford it or turkey. the george foreman benefits from using high fat meats like 80% cheap garbage. if you already have it though it wouldnt hurt to use it on leaner meats.
>>
ive been doing SL 5x5 for exactly three months now
how are my lifts?

squat is 165lbx5
deadlift is 210lbx5
bent over row is 125lbx5
bench press is 120lbx5
ohp is at lewd75x5
im 6'2 and 215lbs
>>
>>37388438
Are you saying that you should calculate a kcal goal (on http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/) for example any select the option for how much you exercise and use that number for all days rather than attempting to account for calories burned on specific workout days?
>>
Anyone else only sleep 4-6 hours after a workout without an alarm and feel fine?
>>
File: fuckthecia.png (767 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
fuckthecia.png
767 KB, 700x700
How do I stop myself from cheating? It almost happens instinctively. I'll be doing bent-over row, and feel like I'm about to fail, then it'll feel like some amount of strength is welling up, but then I'll just pop my hips or something to bounce the bar up to my chest. I want to break this habit ;_;
>>
When adding up how much weight I'm lifting up, do I add the weight of the bar?
>>
>>37387477
The short answer: "Cutting" = expending more calories than you take in, therefore losing weight because your body uses the energy that is currently being stored in your body as fat.

Basically, someone who is "cutting" is eating less than they otherwise would in order to get rid of fat. It is the opposite of bulking.
>>
>>37389300
It actually takes a lot of experience to learn how to really push yourself without form breakdown. Understand that every time you do allow form to break down, you fuck up this learning process for yourself.
The beginner should never take the big barbell lifts beyond the point of technical breakdown, because it screws with important motor learning, basically sacrificing a ton of long-term progress for a little bit of short-term progress.
The advanced lifter should shouldn't either because he's using poundages that'll get him hurt.

Of course the "smaller" the exercise, the less it matters if you go balls out and form goes out the window.

>>37389313
Yes. Although it doesn't matter as long as you know how much you're lifting so you're able to gauge progress.
>>
File: 1441903963556.jpg (99 KB, 1024x704) Image search: [Google]
1441903963556.jpg
99 KB, 1024x704
What websites/books do you guys go to to get ideas for healthy recipes? Getting board of eating the same old stuff and I'm looking for some inspiration.
>>
>be fat non fitizen
>dad is fitizen
>has protein shake shit in unmarked ziploc
>"oh cool I'll just have that for dinner"
>no milk to make it with
>just dump like 4 scoops of it into mouth
>30 mins later
>everything in my body being evacuated from both ends
>felt like I got hit by a train
What do?
Typing from toilet on phone, apologies in advance.
>>
Has anyone tried static holds using the smith machine? I don't even know how to use it but it seems like a good choice given that even the bar is thicker.
>>
>>37389461
Just lie back and let the gains overtake you.
>>
>>37389475

It isn't really the same thing. You'll lose a deadlift because the bar starts rolling out of your grip and you can't prevent it, but the bar on the smith machine can't roll.

I mean it can work, but its less specific to most of /fit/s grip needs than using a barbell.
>>
>>37389482
kek
>>
>>37389377
Thank you. This was very enlightening. Screencapped for reference.
>>
>>37389461
>in unmarked ziploc
yeah that probably wasn't protein. No way to tell what you just ate other than actually asking your dad.
Also, you're an idiot.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-01-02-38-42.png (196 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-01-02-38-42.png
196 KB, 1080x1920
>strongest
>pendlay row

>weakest
>pull up

How? Don't these use roughly the same muscles?

I can do 135x5 row, but only 4 unassisted pull ups.
>>
>>37385315

is trappy chan dead? did he killed himself?
>>
I got sick today and ate a bunch of chocolate because it was the only thing I had readily available.

I dont' have a question, just wanted to say fuck getting sick
>>
>>37389620
No I know it was protein, as I do remember seeing him dump it in there. It also has the consistency of it.
>>
>>37389676
You are weak.
Your bloodline is weak,
and you will not survive the winter.
>>
a calculator said i have to eat 2800 calories a day if i want to gain any weight. approximately how much food is this? i'm pretty sure i eat nowhere near this much a day so this sounds impossible
>>
>>37389688
What does your average day of meals and snacks look like?

Also height and weight
>>
>>37389686
fucking sinus infections man.

and just to clarify the chocolate did fit keep me under my calories.
>>
File: 1455509339500.png (247 KB, 500x411) Image search: [Google]
1455509339500.png
247 KB, 500x411
>>37389676
>not having some frozen chicken soup in case of emergency (or canned if you don't /ck/)
>>
>>37389707
I probably should have, but I can't really predict these things.
>>
>>37389696
like 3 eggs for breakfast, one or two hamburgers throughout the day, a bag of chips, some fruit, not a whole lot

5'11 155 lbs
>>
>>37389707
Personally I have a shitload of the chunky chipotle chicken corn chowder stuff for those days
>tastes good
>protein and shit
>clears sinuses
>even a retard could make it
>you will pretty much always be full from just one can
Highly recommend
>>
>>37389718
That's not necessarily super low either.

If you don't care about eating clean, those little things of Ben & Jerry's are like 1200kcal each.
I eat one of those a day onna bulk
>>
>>37389719
I always have frozen stock on hand so depending on how terrible I'm feeling I either make matzo ball soup or just throw some noodles in and call it good enough.
>>
>>37389737
Spending 4 and a half bucks a day or Ben and Jerry's? There are easier ways to bulk brother.
>>
>>37389793
They're not as delicious.
>>
>>37389822
tru, but seriously. You can eat 1200 calories of nuts for far cheaper.
>>
My gym doesn't have the equipment for me to do weighted dips, should I do Russian dips instead or switch to something else entirely?
>>
>>37385315
Around 300-400 kcal per hour of weigth training are used for calculations. No sources found or searched though.

My question is:
What if I cut @700 kcal deficit? Any enlightened bre with adequate info? (Story: I cut eating once a day for reasons- easyer control over calories etc. but manage to eat 200 -300 kcal less than calculated(cutting calories- which are 300-400 less than tde) I lose weigth at about 2-3 kg per week. Ami I too hasty?)
>>
I'm having some trouble deciding if I want to play american football or basketball as a hobby. Football is something I've never done before and I was told I'd be pretty good. On the other hand, it is harder to skip practice (I have a MA coming up), and it costs more than 3x as much as basketball.
Any tips?
>>
>>37390168

American football is vastly more likely to get you injured, particularly with longterm injuries.

That's fine if you're ok with it, but go in knowing that you're signing up to get hurt.
>>
>>37389870
Hold a dumbbell in your ankles
>>
i watched a video a while ago where a guy said you need to drink more water to lose water weight, that your body releases the " previous" water to make room for the " new " one. is that true
>>
I'm sure I'll get the piss taken out of me, but if I do 20 situps and 20 push-ups a day. Will that do anything for my chest/abs?
>>
>>37387597
OH THATS HOW IT IS EH ???
>>
>>37390262
barely anything. bodyweight exercises only take you so far. Abs are more BF%.
>>
When doing SS should I go for 3xF in the last set if I know I won't be capable of 3x5, or just call it quits after last 3x5?
>>
Started cutting by doing a lot more cardio. Has led to a lot of chest acne as well. I haven't had to deal with acne since my teenager years, what's a good way to get rid of it? I've been using a wash after every workout and putting salicyclic acid on it overnight.
>>
File: IMG_20160601_100820.jpg (2 MB, 1564x1564) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160601_100820.jpg
2 MB, 1564x1564
>>37390213
That sounds retarded but I'll give it a shot, thanks

Another question, how are these shoes for running? I've been using them for lifting for like 5 months, but only for running since I started cutting like 3 months ago. I usually finish up my workouts with 20 minutes of running and recently my ankles have started to hurt when doing so or even now when I'm just sitting. I walk a lot during the day as well, in sneakers.

Should I cut running out for a while ? Get better shoes? Currently my weeks look like CABCxAB, A being upper body, B being lower body (squats, deads, etc) and abs, and Co being boxing
>>
>>37390304
Make sure you are using soap or whatever in the shower. Regularly change bed sheets, wash clothes. Generic anti-acne tips really.
>>
>>37390301
You shouldn't fail a set if you don't have to. Finishing a tough set will do loads better than failing a set you can't handle.
>>
>>37390282
Oh I don't expect to get perfect chiselled abs or anything. I'm just looking to tightening my stomach a touch.
>>
>>37390355
To my knowledge stomach vacuums work far better for strengthening abs.
>>
>>37390301
Ideally you should never actually fail a rep. If you find yourself in a situation where you feel pretty sure the next repetition simply isn't going to happen, then stop the set at that moment. Time for a deload.

If you have completed one or two sets of 5 already succesfully, Rippetoe will say that you can get the third set as well, it's just a matter of resting long enough.
>>
>>37390262
You'll see a bit of change initially, provided you're lean enough to notice. But after a certain point, you need to up the dose to keep seeing progress. Once the initial gains have been made, if you keep doing the same thing then that's only going to be maintenance work.
It's called Progressive Overload, and it's a principle that cannot be violated if you want to see change. There are many ways to achieve overload though; you can do more reps, change the exercise to a more difficult version, slow down the eccentric phase, contract your muscles harder, rest less between sets, do more sets, add more weight etc. The important thing is that over time your training gets harder and harder.
>>
>>37385438
suicidal thoughts are caused by stress, so relax more and loosen your grip on your emotions and thoughts, just surrender to it all
>>
>>37390395
Thanks. I realise that I will only achieve a small thing and probably then just maintain. But I do other exercise so lifting isn't something I'm interested in. But if that just tightens up my stomach, that's all I care about.

Thanks.
>>
>>37388888
You stole important quints.
>>37388889
Are you ashamed?
>>
>>37390310
It looks like those shoes suck absolute balls tbqh. If you want to continue running, get some actual running shoes.
>>
I wan to dose my caffeine intake right, like getting buzzed with 25mg kind of right.
I bought caffeine pills, and am inclined to get a carpet knife in order to divide 200mg pills ibto 25mg ones.
Do you know a better alternative for dividing pills?
>>
>>37386052

https://cronometer.com/
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 640x1136
Why are my pecs asymmetrical? Can this be fixed? Lifting for1.5 years and didn't realize this until they became developed. Am I doing something wrong? All my workouts are symmetrical
>>
File: 2016-06-01 09.40.43.png (1 MB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-01 09.40.43.png
1 MB, 1280x960
Please rate my proportions
>>
File: 1463383868129.jpg (187 KB, 1200x1780) Image search: [Google]
1463383868129.jpg
187 KB, 1200x1780
Should I actually be eating more calories on my rest days due to muscle/tissue repair or is it just a meme?
>>
Can I up my tongue-game by doing some tongue exercizes? Also I just used a tongue scraped and now my tongue is bleeding. Did I over scrape?
>>
What was the name of that funny face guy that everyone made of? Supermane?

And is he ok? I thought you guys bullied him too much.
>>
>>37390672
nothing you can do

and you're the only one who will ever notice more than likely
>>
>>37386052

MyFitnessPal is GOAT
>>
So there's this theory that heavy shit like squats 3 times a week boosts your test so you actually grow faster also in upper body and not only lower. Is this effect any significant or it's just a meme?
>>
>>37386052
7k deficit over a week = approx 2lbs or 1kg
>>
>>37390676
I'd be easier if you posted a picture in which all your proportions can be seen, instead of only upper body.

>>37390764
It sounds like a meme
>>
>>37386153
>only posts foods low in calories
>for bulking

Are you for real m8?
>>
>>37386648
>it's my own concoction

What the fuck is it with you beginners that have absolutely NO CLUE about programming and insisting on making your own fucking program?

Your program is absolute shit. Follow SS or SL if you want to get stronger. It'll be tough enough.
>>
>>37387564
This can't be real

How fucking dense are you?

>I did this once already and I can FEEL it working bro!

Jesus christ.
>>
What websites are good to buy shit for a home gym?
(I live in Aus)
>>
File: tmp_10201-images(4)-1168335240.jpg (9 KB, 209x241) Image search: [Google]
tmp_10201-images(4)-1168335240.jpg
9 KB, 209x241
How does /fit/ feel about bcaas because im thinking of investing and i see mixed reviews?
>>
File: 1412694157967.jpg (41 KB, 677x515) Image search: [Google]
1412694157967.jpg
41 KB, 677x515
>>37388740
>>37386529
>>37386849
>>37387564
>>37388516

Just do SS anon, it's one of the best beginner routines.
Any program that has been created by professionals and been used with success for years by countless fitizens will always be better than anything you could come up with.

I know how you feel, you want to maximize your effort and not feel like you could have done better and you wasted time.
But as a beginner you just need to ignore that voice in your head, pick a plan and work it. Maybe you wont get 1'00% results, but it doesnt matter.

So,
>do SS 3 times a week
>start eating at a +300-500 surplus, clean
>keep at it
I would stick to the program for now, and add additionals later.

And no, you wont look good by the end of the summer, just accept that, meaningful change takes time.
Take solace in the fact that you have a pretty cute face and are blonde, so you will look like a god once you are fit
>>
>>37388516
>Should my core be just chest and arms
>I have absolutely no idea what "core" even means, but I sure as hell can make the perfect routine for myself!
>>
>>37390908
You only need it if you work out while on a fast. This includes working out before breakfast.
>>
File: 1463414175250.jpg (450 KB, 890x1280) Image search: [Google]
1463414175250.jpg
450 KB, 890x1280
>>37385315
>not using the official pic

Is donating blood plasma once or twice a month bad for my gains?
I feel dirty for selling my body but 20€ for 45min of reading is pretty good.
>>
I wanted to spice up SL (3x5 thou) with some additional exercises.

Can I do Lying Tricep Extensions instead of Dips?

I know dips are a more complete exercise, but my arms are just not proportioned to my body, I can only do 4-5 with really bad form and not even close to parallel

Can I do LTE's untill I build some tricep strength? I'm doing them Rippetoe style. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rh3MHnRI_I
>>
File: 1415464034645.jpg (202 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1415464034645.jpg
202 KB, 1024x768
I'm having a date the 20th june with a girl i know since a bunch of years,she recently told me that she had felling but who care.
The point is that i'm kinda stressed to be a silent fuck for the whole date,do you have any suggestion on how to beat my autism?I don't want to fuck up this time.
>>
I'm a 5'11 80Kg skinny fat, I'm considering doing a mix of cardio and Calisthtenics / body weight exercises, I don't have a time-frame of when I want my ideal body (otter mode or higher), yay or nay?
>inb4 cardio kills gains
>>
>>37390963
I don't understand what your question is. You can definitely get stronger and a bit bigger with bodyweight stuff
>>
I get a pain in my side just below my lats during shoulder exercises. It only happens if I'm pushing myself.

It comes and goes throughout the week.

I've checked my form, but still minimal improvement.
>>
>>37390959
Drink a bit of booze beforehand. Don´t get really drunk, just a bit to get tipsy. When i go out with buddies i´m silent as fuck too until i had some beer.
>>
>>37391025
Which shoulder exercises? At what point in the movement?
>>
>>37391037
OHP and Seated DB press.

Usually in the second part of the movement, but its hard to tell because it lingers.

Its not a disabling pain, but its annoying. I notice it most when I'm lying on my side in bed.
>>
File: 1457890397016.jpg (62 KB, 500x496) Image search: [Google]
1457890397016.jpg
62 KB, 500x496
>>37391025
If it only happens with specific exercises, replace them with different ones. If it´s all of them you should probably see a doctor.
>>
>>37391043
Have you tried rolling it? It is tender when you push on it?
>>
>>37391032
Actually,that may be a good idea,i'll give it a try thanks anon.
>>
>>37391046
Don't know what you mean by rolling it.

Its tender when I push on it.

It only happens on my left side.
>>
File: 1451757728218.jpg (944 KB, 1345x1450) Image search: [Google]
1451757728218.jpg
944 KB, 1345x1450
This might be a weird one but how much do you sweat during lifting? I noticed that I barely sweat, unless I'm doing squats. I feel like I don't have enough intensity in my sessions.
>>
>>37391076
Not very much just from lifting.

I sweat buckets from cardio though.
>>
>>37390959
basically what >>37391032 said. Get comfortable during the conversation. If both people are interested in another even sperglords like myself can have decent long conversations. Learn to listen
>>
>>37385315
Can I substitute bent over rows for chin ups without a problem?
>>
My bf% went from 15 -16 to 18 in about 2 months even though i didn't change my routine or anything in my diet that i can think of. Am I just lying to myself and ive been just eating to much?
>>
>>37391067
As in foam rolling.

Google it. It could be a tenderness in the muscle
>>
>>37391101
Either more calories or you´ve been doing less activity outside of training.
>>
>>37388939
Very shit. You need to fix your form and go heavier. Increase frequency for added gains

>>37389475
What >>37389487 said, use a barbell or dumbell or buy fatgripz. I deadlift 450 double overhand and havent really done much direct grip work. A few plate pinches and lots of forearm volume here and there.

>>37390655
As someone who regularly takes 400mg of caffeine before a training session. 25mg wont do shit. Up the dose man

>>37390953
Dips are way better. IF you can't do body weight do assisted. As an ex-fatty I couldnt do any, now I can do them with a 45lb plate. Whilst still weighing 245. Just keep at it

>>37391076
I work hard as fuck, never sweat unless it is actually hot in the gym. My ass sweats like a mofo though
>>
>>37391101
>or anything in my diet that i can think of
>that i can think of
sounds to me like you don't count calories very thoroughly. there's your problem. unless you are certain of how many calories you eat every day, this kind of thing will get in your way constantly.

>>37391100
that depends. they are fundamentally different movements, one is horizontal, one is vertical, and both movements serve different functions. some people's bench press/deadlift/OHP/whatever could be weak in areas trained by vertical pulling, some could be weak in areas trained by horizontal pulling. if you don't need to be so thorough though, then yes that's probably fine.

>>37391076
if i do 5 or fewer reps, then not much. any more and i start sweating a lot.

>>37390953
yes but you'll not make the same gains you would have, had you not left out the dips. dips help OHP and bench, LTE don't (unless you're new).

>>37390906
any local selling site like craigslist and shit. dunno what the popular ones is aus are. also, i have a home gym, but i built it myself for about 1/4 of the price and a day's work so i recommend that instead.

as far as weights go, i couldn't find any that weren't pretty fucking expensive.
>>
>>37391152
Thanks. Then what other horizontal pulling can I do instead of bent over rows, because I really hate them and no one seems to agree how they really should be done. Seated cable rows?
>>
>>37391175
One arm dumbell rows are my favourite. I use them as a high volume accessory for pendlay rows though.

Cable rows are also good and by adjusting your back angle you may find lat pull downs good for hitting your rhomboids.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.