[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey \fit\, I'm having a bit of an autist moment. So I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Quinoa-Nutrition.jpg (45 KB, 243x481) Image search: [Google]
Quinoa-Nutrition.jpg
45 KB, 243x481
Hey \fit\, I'm having a bit of an autist moment.

So I'm cutting and trying to figure out if the 1/4
>Pic related

is of raw quinoa or cooked. I know if I cook 1/4 of raw quinoa, it yields 1 cup of cooked quinoa. I'm keeping track

of calories and don't want to slow down my cut

process by over eating.
>>
>>37382269
Get a scale!
Alternatively, google "quinoa calories" to get info for both dry and cooked.
>>
>>37382318
I googled. Answers are all over the place. Even my

FitnessPal doesnt help
>>
>>37382269
It usually means cooked based on the labels I've read. Take the roasted quinoa amounts for comparison. I eat quinoa daily and calculate calories based on the cooked amount.

Think of it this way: The only difference between cooked and uncooked is water. You can't go wrong if you calculate based on cooked amount. If you are incorrect, you may actually be taking in less calories than you calculate based on the label.
>>
There are 9 servings per container total. Figure it out that way.
>>
>>37382269

1/4 cup at 160 cals is definitely uncooked. Most grains in dry, uncooked form are about 600 calories, then get diluted with water when cooked to be more like 200-250 cals per cup
>>
>>37382387
I was thinking of doing it this way. Guess I'll quit

being lazy and go this route.
>>
>>37382269
Definitely uncooked. Most uncooked grains are about 100 cals per 28 grams.
>>
>>37382453
So when 1/4 of raw quinoa is cooked it yields

1 cup. Am i to assume, that it is still 160cal or

a little?
>>
>>37382516
More*
>>
http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/cereal-grains-and-pasta/5705/2

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/cereal-grains-and-pasta/10352/2

Make an effort, OP
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.