[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Upper / Lower Routine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 131x131) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 131x131
Hello /fit/,

I've been been on a Full Body workout program for months now.
I notice that doing Full Body is becoming too big of a stressor on me and that my later exercises suffer in the routine.

I am looking to transition in a 4 day a week routine.
I wish to continue my bulk for a few more months on an upper / lower routine.

I looked into the sticky but it doesn't have a recommended upper lower routine.

Anyone got a program they recommend that incorporates the deadlift, squatt and bench press? Did you have succes with it?

Thanks in advance.
>>
Just get on brosplit now that you've built your strength base and save yourself the wasted time with all these "science" based routines.
>>
>>37380172
Do Candito's 6 week program. It has all you're asking for: 4-5 day a week, upper lower split and focused on DL, squat and bench.
>>
>>37380198
SHOO SHOO GAINS GOBLIN
>>
>>37380198

What do you mean?

I am not advanced enough yet to only workout my muscles once per week.
>>
>>37380258
This. Candito's 6 week is a solid program. However the upper body part doesn't work super well for some people. I would try one 6 week cycle and see how you respond to it. If it's working well, stick with it. It's common to just run the lower portion of it and do something else for upper though.

One other thing is that the lower body workouts can be really intense. It might be a good idea to start out using only 95-98% of your max so it's not too stressful.
>>
>>37380172

Day A:
-Bench
-Squat (Light)
-OHP
*Arm/Pec Accessory

Day B:
-Squat
-Bench (Light)
-Deadlift
*Leg Accessory

Day A2:
-OHP
-Deadlift (Light)
-Bench
*Delt/Arm Accessory

Day B2:
-Deadlift
-OHP (Light)
-Squat
*Back Accessory

ABxA2B2xx
BAxB2A2xx

(Light) would be 50% 1RM; skippable
Could do 3x5 for compounds and 3x8+ for Accessories
>>
>>37380172

There are 4 day TM splits covered in PP. I've been running one of them with some good success.
>>
>>37380172

Do PHUL. You will get grain gainz on phul.
>>
Thanks for the advice so far.

Unfortunately I can only go to the gym from Mo till Friday (in weekends the gym closes before I am done with work).

Candito's looks good, but that'll have to wait until september.

More recommendations? I will check out phul when I am home.
>>
>>37380303
>No upper back compounds to balance the pushes except for back accessory once per week
No thanks
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.